Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Transmaniacon MC

Posted On:
    8/19/2013 5:49pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Browning View Post
    As far as anonymous sourcing goes. While I appreciate submessangers offer to volunteer, we are having one anonymous person interviewing other anonymous people and reporting back to Bullshido. The sources don't even post here. The result is with double anonymity the information will be perceived to have no reliability.
    Understood. I will proceed with a few light, off the record conversations, anyways - may give me leads on others like The Villain who are done with IBJJF and don't mind going on the record. As far as my identity, well, if it has to get to that I guess I could be persuaded - we'll see how step one goes. Staff and a few other bullies know my real info, just prefer not to have it searchable on the interwebz, is all.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/19/2013 6:08pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    I see that, yet i'm referring to the title "Head of BJJ Investigations" in her sig;
    this is one of those so it logically follows.
    NVM, you sound EXACTLY like Rabbit right now.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 8/19/2013 6:24pm at .

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    8/19/2013 6:45pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How "conflict of interest" has been conflated with "financial motive" is absurd.
    You're the only person conflating anything. I made a statement unrelated to the subject of conflict of interest. You twisted it to be about conflict of interest. I clarified that my statement was about motivation to suppress information. You went full retard.

That pretty much sums up the situation.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    8/19/2013 8:23pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Its a conflict of interest. You don't have to LIKE that fact, but its just that simple.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/19/2013 8:33pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes it is, but that isn't what Devil was addresing. Yes, CPF is CONFLATING Devil's point; just LIKE you.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    8/19/2013 9:02pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sweet Jesus.

Posted On:
    8/19/2013 9:06pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Yes it is, but that isn't what Devil was addresing. Yes, CPF is CONFLATING Devil's point; just LIKE you.
    No, i'm saying that the money aspect is a silly thing to even bring up in light of the accusations of rank selling and stripping, and strong arm business tactics.

Devil and Sam brought up the money thing, not me.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post

To say that someone who makes a thimble full of money from the IBJJF and is otherwise gainfully employed is an IBJJF employee and are suppressing information for that reason is just ridiculous - unless of course he has some proof besides not seeing eye to eye on editing issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Browning View Post
    Are you saying she's in the tank for them, though she has a full time lawyers job which pays far more then any such part time work?
    Last edited by ChenPengFi; 8/19/2013 9:10pm at .

Posted On:
    8/19/2013 9:12pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, i'm saying that the money aspect of is a silly thing to even bring up in light of the accusations of rank selling and stripping, and strong arm business tactics.

Devil and Sam brought up the money thing, not me.

Goddammit man. The Villain made the claim that information was being suppressed by an "employee" of the IBJJF. How much of a leap does it take for a reasonable person to infer that he means the person is suppressing that information due to the money they're making?

Posted On:
    8/19/2013 9:15pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Goddammit man. The Villain made the claim that information was being suppressed by an "employee" of the IBJJF. How much of a leap does it take for a reasonable person to infer that he means the person is suppressing that information due to the money they're making?
    A HUGE one, imo, and given the context.
    Hell she's a volunteer here, no?

That's you building a strawman in that passage, unless i missed The Villain making that particular claim.

Posted On:
    8/19/2013 9:23pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is the complete, unedited post in question made by The Villain:

"I agree. Several articles were written actually. However, the bullshido staff member responsible for the article review and approval is actually an employee of the IBJJF so all of this information is being supressed. The corruption sadly extends to bullshido itself."

To make sure I'm crystal clear...Your take is that it's a huge leap for a reasonable person to read that and infer that he's talking about a person protecting monetary interests? That's what you're sticking with?
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast