Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Transmaniacon MC

Posted On:
    8/19/2013 1:05pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by catfishaggie View Post
    I don't think you really do, but kinda there. Jitschix is active in the IBJJF as a worker, more so than a one off "volunteer" and that is the basis Chen's point.
    Maybe so, but the evidence of her supposed conflict of interest presented is a single photo of her in a ring coordinator vest. In my experience, the ring coordinators are exactly how I've described them - local athletes who have come out to support their team by providing these type of infrastructure services for the competition. Is she doing more? I don't know. If anyone can provide evidence that she is, I'd be happy to adjust my position on this.

(edit)
    Also, ftr, I'm more than happy to interview local browns and blacks to get their input on this situation.
    Last edited by submessenger; 8/19/2013 1:08pm at .

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    8/19/2013 2:32pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    That was more or less refuted by jnp and somewhat withdrawn by The Villain.
    Right, but you quoted my post to make a point about conflict of interest and my post had nothing to do with conflict of interest. My post was about the silliness of accusing someone of suppressing information and pointing to some miniscule payment from the IBJJF as a motive for doing so.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    8/19/2013 3:15pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Right, but you quoted my post to make a point about conflict of interest and my post had nothing to do with conflict of interest. My post was about the silliness of accusing someone of suppressing information and pointing to some miniscule payment from the IBJJF as a motive for doing so.
    i agree, the thought that such a small sum would be a conflict of interest for a busy lawyer is absurd, however due to the fact that she does have a relationship with the IBJJF, i do think that the investigation would be best served by her not being directly involved.

in some ways i feel that any *affiliated* brown/black belt would have a conflict of interest in this case as by openly speaking their mind on the topic, they would risk repercussions from the IBJJF (rank stripping, banning from IBJJF tournaments, etc.) if what the villain is claiming is indeed correct this is a very big deal and should shake the BJJ community to its foundation.

submessenger mentioned being willing to interview local brown and black belts about the issue, and i think that might be a good idea, but i think there should be a clearly written summary of the issue as described by the villain with a timeline, so that these people being interviewed *fully* understand the accusation before they comment on it. i say this because there is an initial reaction by many that the accusation is absurd, and i feel that people who truly care about the BJJ community will take this very seriously once they understand the full implications if this is all proven to be true.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    8/19/2013 3:28pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i do think that the investigation would be best served by her not being directly involved.

Okay.

Transmaniacon MC

Posted On:
    8/19/2013 3:50pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i agree, the thought that such a small sum would be a conflict of interest for a busy lawyer is absurd, however due to the fact that she does have a relationship with the IBJJF, i do think that the investigation would be best served by her not being directly involved.

in some ways i feel that any *affiliated* brown/black belt would have a conflict of interest in this case as by openly speaking their mind on the topic, they would risk repercussions from the IBJJF (rank stripping, banning from IBJJF tournaments, etc.) if what the villain is claiming is indeed correct this is a very big deal and should shake the BJJ community to its foundation.

submessenger mentioned being willing to interview local brown and black belts about the issue, and i think that might be a good idea, but i think there should be a clearly written summary of the issue as described by the villain with a timeline, so that these people being interviewed *fully* understand the accusation before they comment on it. i say this because there is an initial reaction by many that the accusation is absurd, and i feel that people who truly care about the BJJ community will take this very seriously once they understand the full implications if this is all proven to be true.
    I think as long as I promise anonymity, it shouldn't be a problem to just go in with a handful of questions - I sense that a lot of browns and first/second degree blacks have their own timelines and experiences regarding this issue. Sam Osman and The Villain are just very loud examples, but learning of both of those experiences has connected some dots in my head as to other grumblings I've heard over my short years in the sport. I already have a list of people - from at least 5 different schools - that I want to ask about this.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/19/2013 4:00pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!

How is that so difficult to understand?
    No more difficult than the erroneous leap you made:
    Quote Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
    I agree. Several articles were written actually. However, the bullshido staff member responsible for the article review and approval is actually an employee of the IBJJF so all of this information is being supressed. The corruption sadly extends to bullshido itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post

Having an employee of the IBJJF (no matter the capacity) heading an investigation into the IBJJF is a clear conflict of interest.
    Get the conflict correct or STFU.

Posted On:
    8/19/2013 4:57pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    :

Get the conflict correct or STFU.

I see that, yet i'm referring to the title "Head of BJJ Investigations" in her sig;
    this is one of those so it logically follows.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    My post was about the silliness of accusing someone of suppressing information and pointing to some miniscule payment from the IBJJF as a motive for doing so.

The miniscule payment is immaterial, and you keep waving it around like it's relevant.

It's conceivable that one might not pursue an investigation with full vigor for reasons other than financial, especially in this context.

How "conflict of interest" has been conflated with "financial motive" is absurd.
    The topic at large is the selling/stripping of rank and competition strong-arm tactics ffs.
    Last edited by ChenPengFi; 8/19/2013 5:09pm at .

Posted On:
    8/19/2013 5:02pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Is the sum she makes from the IBJJF miniscule compared to what she makes from BS.net?

Posted On:
    8/19/2013 5:10pm

hall of famestaff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay I'm back just to point out a few really bad developments I'm seeing investigation wise.

1) Posters on the thread seem to be saying that Georgette and the Villain should be conflicted out. Okay.

Your familar with the reality that Bullshido does not have a paid investigative staff, and that we currently do not have anyone volunteering to take over this investigation. I'm looking at you ChenPengFi, do you wnat to take command of an investigation or are you one of those types who tell people what to do from the sidelines.

If there is not someone who will lead the investigation, it effectively dies. That's not me telling it to die, that's how things work on a volunteer staffed board. Chuck once has a post about it "Somebody Do Something" I believe its a sticky here.

As far as anonymous sourcing goes. While I appreciate submessangers offer to volunteer, we are having one anonymous person interviewing other anonymous people and reporting back to Bullshido. The sources don't even post here. The result is with double anonymity the information will be perceived to have no reliability.

Ah, Browning, why aren't you handing the investigation?

A: Because I have two left on my dance card, and I'm no longer running investigations and not taking on new investigations. If people want to pursue this someone new is going to have to step up.
    Last edited by Sam Browning; 8/19/2013 5:16pm at .

Posted On:
    8/19/2013 5:29pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast