Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Lightweight

Posted On:
    8/18/2013 10:44pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Guys, this is MABS. I'm not gonna say anything thats not documented.

A viewable image: http://imgur.com/a/jKC6z

Phrost saying send it through Oden. Oden stalling. Oden in IBJJF uniform. Whether or not thats significant is for you to decide, but its most certainly true. It doesn't include the stuff from the advisory group or her supposed investigation of these claims, which we still haven't seen the report of. I don't think this needs to be about Oden, but there is proof that she does work in some capacity for the IBJJF and that she was appointed to review this article prior to release.

Do you see why it would be difficult to get an IBJJF ring coordinator to greenlight an attack on the IBJJF right in the middle of mundials?
    Last edited by The Villain; 8/18/2013 10:59pm at .

Posted On:
    8/18/2013 10:59pm

hall of famestaff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    You had my ear and my support up to this point... I'm going to need some hard proof that somebody who has just very recently joined BS leadership is responsible for suppressing a story that has been years in the making.
    I have not seen the emails back and forth between Georgette and the Villain. But the terms corruption and suppression appears to be alarmist terms for her requiring the Villain to respond to editing. (editing is normal for Official Bullshido articles) The Villain probably still has my email address, and if not please mail me here, or off site if you actually have Georgette saying something in writing like "we can't publish that because it's anti-IBJJF" and that was her only reason.

BTW when you say Bullshido investigators contacted someone you should at least provide the investigator's screen name.

But since the "article" has now been published by you as your content, it'a not an official Bullshido article and Bullshido.net is not legally responsible for its contents.

I wish you well Villain, I really do, I believe you've been screwed over, and the IBJJF is operating a horrible business model and Carlson is screwing up the sport. But to accuse your potential editor of corruption over an editing dispute is Bullshit in my opinion. If you have proof otherwise and wish to email them to me, I'll apologize to you here.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/18/2013 11:03pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
    I said that the person that reviewed the article is also a ring coordinator for the IBJJF.
    No, here is what you said.
    I agree. Several articles were written actually. However, the bullshido staff member responsible for the article review and approval is actually an employee of the IBJJF so all of this information is being supressed. The corruption sadly extends to bullshido itself.
    Yes, a completely different tone and much more accusatory.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    8/18/2013 11:06pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why would she ever say something so stupid as what you're looking for? She's not a potential editor, nor is it bullshido's article, so as I said, moot point. Nothing I said was untrue, and you can interpret the facts as you see fit. I think its absurd to expect ring coordinators to green light attacks on the IBJJF in the middle of the World Championships. Its a clear conflict of interest. Did it affect her decision? I can't say for sure, but I don't trust a scenario like that.

Also, Oden did not offer edits. She went to "investigate", came back empty handed and offered up no information at all.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    8/18/2013 11:09pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    No, here is what you said.

Yes, a completely different tone and much more accusatory.
    Yes, I said that. The person that was responsible for green lighting an attack on the IBJJF works for the IBJJF. That's a problem.

Posted On:
    8/18/2013 11:16pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
    Why would she ever say something so stupid as what you're looking for? She's not a potential editor, nor is it bullshido's article, so as I said, moot point. Nothing I said was untrue, and you can interpret the facts as you see fit. I think its absurd to expect ring coordinators to green light attacks on the IBJJF in the middle of the World Championships. Its a clear conflict of interest. Did it affect her decision? I can't say for sure, but I don't trust a scenario like that.

Also, Oden did not offer edits. She went to "investigate", came back empty handed and offered up no information at all.

Yes. Whats your point? The person responsible for green lighting attacks on the IBJJF works for the IBJJF. Thats a conflict of interest. By definition.
    If you believed that her part, part, part, time job was a conflict of interest, and couldn't wait, you could have politely asked Phrost whether he could assign someone else to handle the article editing processs. Say, Rock Ape. We'll never know what would have happened, but it would have been a logical response to your claim that she wouldn't evaluate the article in an unbiased manner or worse. If it was not ever being considered as a Bullshido Article then her view would not have necessarily mattered since we don't preapprove content on thread posts.
    Last edited by Sam Browning; 8/18/2013 11:20pm at .

Posted On:
    8/18/2013 11:19pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll take my leave now Villain. It would be better if the regular moderator of this forum IIF deal with any issues that come up.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    8/18/2013 11:24pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fair enough. There was a conflict of interest involved there, but if you think it didn't play a factor, cool. I see that entire issue as insignificant. I was addressing the article issue, and now people can form their own opinion as to why we didn't release one.
    Last edited by The Villain; 8/18/2013 11:28pm at .

Posted On:
    8/19/2013 4:59am

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Browning View Post
    If you believed that her part, part, part, time job was a conflict of interest, and couldn't wait, you could have politely asked Phrost whether he could assign someone else to handle the article editing processs. Say, Rock Ape. We'll never know what would have happened, but it would have been a logical response to your claim that she wouldn't evaluate the article in an unbiased manner or worse. If it was not ever being considered as a Bullshido Article then her view would not have necessarily mattered since we don't preapprove content on thread posts.

I think we all understand that Georgette has many other responsibilities in her life, as do many of us.

That said, she is billed on this site as being part of the "Board of Directors" and is indeed also billed as "Head of BJJ Investigations".
    This makes the accusation of bias more worthy of scrutiny.

Where has she invested the most time after all?
    Not on this site, and while that may be to her credit otherwise, it lends weight to what Vilain is saying imo.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    8/19/2013 8:45am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm interested in this story and it seems like there are valid concerns about the IBJJF but I'm going to go ahead and throw this out on the table.....

The Villain is not the right person to carry the torch on this. Sorry. He's too emotionally involved and he comes off as overly dramatic and has too much of an axe to grind.

To say that someone who makes a thimble full of money from the IBJJF and is otherwise gainfully employed is an IBJJF employee and are suppressing information for that reason is just ridiculous - unless of course he has some proof besides not seeing eye to eye on editing issues.

Honestly, his perception on that point makes me question the validity of the rest of his statements. Is there anyone else here knowledgeable enough to run the show on this?
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast