Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/28/2013 8:00pm

Style: Arnis/Kenpo hybrid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dwkfym View Post
    Devil might be the opposite type of gunowner that I am. I just like to have a few that I like a lot. I start panicking and freaking out when I have too many types of guns. Not really, but I only tend to shoot the ones I like a lot, so the rest just chills there and that makes me want to sell them (personally).

I bet you that at least 50% of you guys have a larger collection than I do.

BTW, the main thing I like about the Glock is that its really light for what it can do.
    I've only fired three truly reliable handguns, out of 5-10 that I've fired enough to know if its reliable. Those three are Beretta Cougar/Stoeger Cougar, Smith and Wesson M&P, and Glock 17. Out of the three, I've found the Glock to be least reliable. Now that I've said that, I better go run for cover.

Basically what I'm trying to say is that I have never found Glocks to be that particularly reliable out of the guns that are known for reliability. I expect this kind of reliability out of any good pistol. What they may actually be, is that they are super durable.
    Same here...I subscribe to the "fear a man who only owns one gun" mantra more than I do mixing up assorted manuals of arms across multiple weapons.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    8/28/2013 8:01pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dwkfym View Post
    Devil might be the opposite type of gunowner that I am. I just like to have a few that I like a lot. I start panicking and freaking out when I have too many types of guns. Not really, but I only tend to shoot the ones I like a lot, so the rest just chills there and that makes me want to sell them (personally).

I bet you that at least 50% of you guys have a larger collection than I do.

BTW, the main thing I like about the Glock is that its really light for what it can do.
    I've only fired three truly reliable handguns, out of 5-10 that I've fired enough to know if its reliable. Those three are Beretta Cougar/Stoeger Cougar, Smith and Wesson M&P, and Glock 17. Out of the three, I've found the Glock to be least reliable. Now that I've said that, I better go run for cover.

Basically what I'm trying to say is that I have never found Glocks to be that particularly reliable out of the guns that are known for reliability. I expect this kind of reliability out of any good pistol. What they may actually be, is that they are super durable.

Haha. Yeah, I'm a total whore. I only carry a few of them on a regular basis. I appreciate consistency from a practical standpoint. But, man I just fucking love guns. If somebody told me I could only shoot one or two guns for the rest of my life I'd probably cry.

I could have a dozen 1911s and never feel like it was too many. I'd customize them so they'd all be unique and have their own personality. I could have the whole lineup of Glocks, Sigs, HKs and laugh in people's faces if they thought it was too much.

I even like guns I don't like. For instance, the Beretta 92. I never really liked it. There's so much to dislike about it. But it's the pistol I learned to shoot pistols with, so now I want one. Or two.

That's why I never get the "what's better" arguments. What would you rather have - an AR-15 or an M1A or an AK-47? Umm.......yes, please.

Posted On:
    8/28/2013 8:19pm

Style: 9mm/Judo/BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've had about 20 pistols, give or take a couple, since I started getting serious as a gun owner (Right at 18, about 5 years ago). I don't have the money to keep a large collection, nor do I really care to. I'm actually more of a knife nut than a gun nut. I have a .22 and my SIG right now. I'd like 1 more SIG, but that's pretty much all I need. I'm not into the idea of a large gun collection, either. Most I've had at 1 time was 4 and it felt like too much so I sold 2.

I probably have a backwards attitude, but having a ton of guns would make me think "Heck, I only ever carry one of these, that's potential cash I could use for more knives!"
    "Intelligence is nothing more than discussing things with others. Limitless wisdom comes of this." - 山本 常朝

Posted On:
    8/28/2013 9:42pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have only ever purchased three items that I consider to be guns: glock 19 gen4 (I carried the gen3 overseas and liked it), ruger mk3 22/45 (I guess that counts as a real handgun), and a remington 870 express. Awhile back, my dad gave me 3 rifles that he wasn't using: ruger 10/22, remington 700 in .243, and winchester model 70 in .300 win mag (he won that in a church raffle). I plan on keeping the 10/22 since I shoot it regularly. Not sure what I'll do with the other rifles in the long term. They didn't cost me anything, and they have some sentimental value since they were gifts from my dad. He doesn't have any particular sentimental attachment to them, but I'd still feel bad turning around and selling them for profit.

The state I currently live in believes the two stripped AR15 lowers I have lying around are assault weapons for some reason, so I guess those count. I also intend to purchase a Springfield RO (As previously mentioned) and a Marlin 1894 in .357/.38 at some point. Oh, and the actual gun parts for my assault weapons/hunks of aluminum.

I don't really think that is a lot, as all the various guns do something different, but I also can't carry concealed where I live, so they are are 99% for shooting targets at the range, 1% for self defense/hunting/apocalypse. It's nice to have a variety to keep shooting relatively affordable.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Yours truly

Posted On:
    8/28/2013 9:43pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     PDS Rifles Style: Univ. Florida Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I used to be a huge Beretta fan. Oh man they have great lines. Then I realized, this 92 isn't all that great. (I had a 92FS then a 92G) I do love the Cougar though. I think its the most underappreciated automatic out there. I might get that again.. that might be my first 'just to keep' gun.

I have no real practical reason though. Guns are still toys for me really, except the Nano which I carry every day. I'm just not much of a collector in anything.
    www.pdsrifles.com Add us on facebook!
    Parts and Accessories
    Law Enforcement Firearms

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/07/2013 6:26am

Style: Western Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My apologlies for the nerco. I am looking to buy/swap for a Glock20 or 21 then off to Ar. Where Glock will made into a .50 caliber semi-automatic pistol. Do you have any vids of this conversion ? Joe

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    9/07/2013 7:20pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MarJoe View Post
    My apologlies for the nerco. I am looking to buy/swap for a Glock20 or 21 then off to Ar. Where Glock will made into a .50 caliber semi-automatic pistol. Do you have any vids of this conversion ? Joe
    Please ask your question again in English.

K-thanks!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123