Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/25/2013 10:22pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Let me start by saying I like Glocks. I carry them, along with other pistols. I find them to be reliable.

That said, the unbridled adoration showered upon the brand by legions of fanboys - mall ninjas and professionals alike makes me chuckle. It's just a fucking pistol people. It is a machine. It is made by humans. It can and does malfunction. It can and does fail catastrophically. It has shortcomings. Does that mean you should throw your Glock in the trash? No. Just be educated.

Look at these videos and search your shallow little souls. Can you really tell me they don't make you cringe a little? Come on, man. You can be honest. I know you bastards will make all kinds of excuses. Oh, it was DESIGNED to flex but not break. It's supposed to flop around like a spaghetti noodle when you pull the trigger. Come on now. Ya'll know that **** ain't right.

Yeah, I'd have to say with all things considered I'd prefer my guns to be non-foldable. That's just me though.

And don't even think about getting your little Glock egos hurt and arguing with me or I'll start posting the shattered Glock pictures. lol.
    I'm really glad you posted this. I shoot a Glock extremely well and have had a few (very few) failures out of them. Right now I'm issued a P226 and I don't shoot it nearly as well as a Model 22. That is my fault and I'm working on it. Bottom line both are great weapons that I would rest my life on. I simply like the Glock better despite their tupperware issues. The videos are a bit spooky.

Posted On:
    8/25/2013 10:53pm

Style: Arnis/Kenpo hybrid

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ya can't argue with success.

The Glock is simply a machine like any other gun. Like as been said..I got mine for free...it goes bang when I pull the trigger and it puts bullets where I can put them to the best of my ability.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    8/26/2013 4:23pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tgace View Post
    Ya can't argue with success.

The Glock is simply a machine like any other gun. Like as been said..I got mine for free...it goes bang when I pull the trigger and it puts bullets where I can put them to the best of my ability.

Definitely. My gripe is more with the warped ideas many people seem to have about success, i.e. Glock is impervious to all forces of nature and all other guns will explode into a million tiny little pieces when farted on by a 6 year old girl.

People need to step away from the James Yeager.

Posted On:
    8/26/2013 7:07pm

Style: Arnis/Kenpo hybrid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Definitely. My gripe is more with the warped ideas many people seem to have about success, i.e. Glock is impervious to all forces of nature and all other guns will explode into a million tiny little pieces when farted on by a 6 year old girl.

People need to step away from the James Yeager.
    True..the whole "fanboy" thing over any object is odd to me. Every firearm of modern make and decent quality will serve well within the parameters it was designed for (minus any overselling of course). Hell when it comes to guns I'm finding I'm having a lot of fun shooting and reloading for my new Marlin 30-30 lever....a gun that cost me half of what my AR did. It's not "sniper accurate" or made for long range, but it's a gun I feel I could take any North American big game animal with in a proper loading.

The "advantage" of the Glock for me is that its a pistol I wouldn't worry about if I had to crawl through a mud pit. Not that other guns couldn't operate in the same conditions, I just don't care as much. The Glock is the trunk gun of the pistol world for me. :)

A Kimber custom? Not so much. :)

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    8/26/2013 8:10pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Glock love/hate really goes hand in hand with the 1911 love/hate. I get sick of it. People begin with valid points about advantages and disadvantages of each, then they generally go full retard. Glocks suck!!!! No, 1911s suck!!! No, your mama sucks!!!

My solution is to own both. Preferably several of each. Problem solved.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/27/2013 10:54am

Style: Traditional Mix

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When our agency changed to the Glock 22, I had to change out from my Sig 226. Because my duty weapon was a Glock, I also changed my off duty carry to the Glock 27. They do the job, but are nowhere near the weapon the Sig is. Of course, that is just my opinion.

Posted On:
    8/27/2013 7:23pm

Style: 9mm/Judo/BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've had both 1911s and Glocks and I'd say they both suck. Not really, I actually like both, but neither of them has what *I* want in a pistol anymore. Unless I find myself able to justify a Nighthawk, I will stick with SIG and maybe pick up a P30 at some point as well.
    "Intelligence is nothing more than discussing things with others. Limitless wisdom comes of this." - 山本 常朝

Posted On:
    8/27/2013 9:09pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by IMightBeWrong View Post
    I've had both 1911s and Glocks and I'd say they both suck. Not really, I actually like both, but neither of them has what *I* want in a pistol anymore. Unless I find myself able to justify a Nighthawk, I will stick with SIG and maybe pick up a P30 at some point as well.

I have a Sig too and want another. The guns I want are all of them. All the good ones anyway. They're like chicks. Some chicks have big boobs. Some have tight asses. Some are uglier than a Mosin Nagant.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/28/2013 12:04am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have a Sig too and want another. The guns I want are all of them. All the good ones anyway. They're like chicks. Some chicks have big boobs. Some have tight asses. Some are uglier than a Mosin Nagant.
    And even the Mosin Nagants are fun to handle...

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Bullshido - No BS MMA mobile app

Yours truly

Posted On:
    8/28/2013 7:38pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     PDS Rifles Style: Univ. Florida Kickboxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Devil might be the opposite type of gunowner that I am. I just like to have a few that I like a lot. I start panicking and freaking out when I have too many types of guns. Not really, but I only tend to shoot the ones I like a lot, so the rest just chills there and that makes me want to sell them (personally).

I bet you that at least 50% of you guys have a larger collection than I do.

BTW, the main thing I like about the Glock is that its really light for what it can do.
    I've only fired three truly reliable handguns, out of 5-10 that I've fired enough to know if its reliable. Those three are Beretta Cougar/Stoeger Cougar, Smith and Wesson M&P, and Glock 17. Out of the three, I've found the Glock to be least reliable. Now that I've said that, I better go run for cover.

Basically what I'm trying to say is that I have never found Glocks to be that particularly reliable out of the guns that are known for reliability. I expect this kind of reliability out of any good pistol. What they may actually be, is that they are super durable.
    Last edited by dwkfym; 8/28/2013 7:43pm at .
    www.pdsrifles.com Add us on facebook!
    Parts and Accessories
    Law Enforcement Firearms
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast