Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/19/2013 11:49pm

Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieux Normand View Post
    O-soto is indeed a good finisher when there's enough room, and I rely on it a lot. This case had the idiot next to the door, so hoisting him (not a usual choice for me by any means) allowed me to walk his left thigh into the exit door's crash-bar (it's a fire-door) without having to play too much footsy with him in tight quarters.

It was nice of him to open the door for me...

EDIT: On the first of the above vids, whenever I'm in a position similar to that, I more often end up finishing with a kubi-nage than a seoi-nage, though if my arms were shorter that might not be the case.

The second vid is really interesting as it seems to show fore-arm and hand positioning more commonly seen in RNCs, but in this case applied to an arm-triangle. This version also appears to necessitate front-to-side positioning common to neither (but seen in other techniques like the initial hoist in the high-C).
    Yeah you can go sideways so face them and place a standing submission. Which generally takes the figure 4 to put the guy out. Or gable grip for a pain compliance.

I face the direction of their back and snick out at their leg. Now to regain balance they generally have to walk backwards when they do I walk forwards un balancing them. At which point we are both just walking.

I have pulled big guys out of clubs like this. It is really high percentage. But as a sensitive new age guard I am really trying to avoid neck restraints.

Try not to make the guy unconsious before he is out the door.
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

Posted On:
    8/20/2013 12:05am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    some of my weird third man in stuff. This is difficult if you have two guys fighting those arm locks on and you want to help but dont want to spoil what they are doing or stuff any momentum they have going.

I have had success with what I will call the bum rush but it is modified. Nowdays I take their back, waist grab and drive into their back with my head or chin. It feels a bit gooberesk but it has a small profile so it sneaks into a group of guys without too much disruption.

On the ground if they are on their belly and fighting back up the I do a figure 4 leg lock that works a treat.

I just tried to find a photo but am struggling. I must admit I thought it was more common. But anyway figure four their legs and a calf cutter basicly.

Posted On:
    8/20/2013 9:39am

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gregaquaman View Post
    some of my weird third man in stuff. This is difficult if you have two guys fighting those arm locks on and you want to help but dont want to spoil what they are doing or stuff any momentum they have going.

I have had success with what I will call the bum rush but it is modified. Nowdays I take their back, waist grab and drive into their back with my head or chin. It feels a bit gooberesk but it has a small profile so it sneaks into a group of guys without too much disruption.

On the ground if they are on their belly and fighting back up the I do a figure 4 leg lock that works a treat.

I just tried to find a photo but am struggling. I must admit I thought it was more common. But anyway figure four their legs and a calf cutter basicly.
    One old-arthritic's third-man-in: go in at waist-level, as per proper rugby tackle, then reach down and yank out pant-leg cuffs sharply backward to get both morons headed to the floor face-first (and therefore instinctively obliged to break up with each other to post, saving their pretty mugs from the tiles).

As they go on all fours and before they have a chance to reposition, one can then decide on all sorts of options: flatten them out (thoroughly, so they can't transition) and keep a hand on the back of each neck and a knee on each nearside upper arm or elbow until they smarten up or backup arrives (if you're in a venue with more than one bouncer).

Another finish, if they're shitfaced enough to be too slow to react to this: you can keep things simple by grabbing the backs of both belts and dog-walk the imbeciles (ass-first, they resist less that way) out the exit. If you have the backlift, you might save time by lifting and partially or totally carrying them out (again, they fight less if they're travelling ass-first). I prefer the partial carry, so that the idiots have to contend with the floor and thus have less time trying to find a way to tie up your legs. Many other choices are also available once initial positioning is established. (Doesn't that sound familiar?)
    Last edited by Vieux Normand; 8/20/2013 9:42am at .

Posted On:
    8/20/2013 4:03pm

Style: Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    great stuff! You guys should seriously post instructional videos for other bounces. I am not fucking kidding.
    "We often joke -- and we really wish it were a joke -- that you will only encounter two basic problems with your 'self-defense' training.
    1) That it doesn't work
    2) That it does work"
    -Animal MacYoung

Posted On:
    8/21/2013 9:48am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by crappler View Post
    great stuff! You guys should seriously post instructional videos for other bounces. I am not fucking kidding.
    I have been meaning to just so I dont have to explain everthing as a sorta kinda half nasi goreng thingy.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    8/21/2013 10:21am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd like to see that. One of the things my bro showed me (from another bouncer) was, from the back or side, to grab the back of the collar and the back of the belt, and pull back/down on the collar while pushing on the belt to break the posture and direct them into a walk, then if they try to lean forward to correct, you step your leg in front of theirs and dump them forward, or into a classical midget toss. I thought it looked sorta uchi-mata-ish.

Posted On:
    8/21/2013 3:07pm

Join us... or die

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    I'd like to see that. One of the things my bro showed me (from another bouncer) was, from the back or side, to grab the back of the collar and the back of the belt, and pull back/down on the collar while pushing on the belt to break the posture and direct them into a walk, then if they try to lean forward to correct, you step your leg in front of theirs and dump them forward, or into a classical midget toss. I thought it looked sorta uchi-mata-ish.
    Back-of-collar-and-belt is gold. From there, all sorts of nage-waza are available, among numerous other options to suit just about any circumstance.

You will betimes get some imbecile trying to push backwards with his feet in an attempt not to be (re)moved. Fortunately, one easy option is hoist him up and carry him out feet-first over a shoulder (not directly overhead in case he spews). As long as other patrons stay out of the way of the moron's kicking feet, he'll be out the exit in no time and--best of all--you'll have only a brief incident-report to write up before punching off-shift for the night.

Posted On:
    8/21/2013 10:28pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Bums rush.

I have never really played with it. I will have to give it a go.

And you would get choked out like a mother fucker krotty guy.

Posted On:
    8/22/2013 1:16pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gregaquaman View Post
    Bums rush.

I have never really played with it. I will have to give it a go.

And you would get choked out like a mother fucker krotty guy.
    Another excellent time to make your work-shift easier by just shoulder-hoisting the guy and dropping him outside the door. I didn't have the sound on when I watched this vid, but I'd half-guess he was saying something like "use your chi to make yourself too heavy to manipulate and to break the grabber's posture".

So...how does one "break the posture" of someone who has you up in the air facing away from him?

Posted On:
    8/22/2013 10:26pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieux Normand View Post
    Another excellent time to make your work-shift easier by just shoulder-hoisting the guy and dropping him outside the door. I didn't have the sound on when I watched this vid, but I'd half-guess he was saying something like "use your chi to make yourself too heavy to manipulate and to break the grabber's posture".

So...how does one "break the posture" of someone who has you up in the air facing away from him?
    His theory was the weird cross leg stance and a weight drop. And of course krotty blocks.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast