Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/15/2013 2:22am

Style: 52 blocks

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Open Letter To Jake Mace

Check out this open letter a guy wrote to Jake Mace of Phoenix Longevity Arts: http://bit.ly/13BKBFM

I think he made good points. shaolindo is real bullshido!

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/15/2013 3:02am

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Shaolin-do aka Chinese Shaolin Centers are Bullshido. We have multiple threads and an article already dealing with this issue.

A couple of clarification points:
    1)That document was provided by a lawyer and wasn't hidden. We actually had one of the earliest copies.

2) The actual document is over 80 pages long and DOES NOT star Jake Rydebrg. It is a deposition of Sin Kwan The' admitting he made up certain aspects of Shaolin-Do.

3) I'd advise you read the document. The author has taken some liberties with his hyperbolic letter. It's amost like he skimmed the bullshido thread and didn't read through the documents.

4) Truthfully and legally speaking, he is not associated, nor can he legally say, he is associated with Shaolin-Do. He also brings in instructors, from other arts, which is a HUGE no-no with in the Shaolin-Do and especially Chinese Shaolin Center rules. So, no, he isn't associated with Shaolin-Do. What should have been asked is his linegae and forms connected to Sin Kwan The and Shaolin-do. If he said no, then he is lying. I know this for a FACT.

5) Here's the thread to read how people delude themselves into believing that Shaolin-Do is derived from Chinese teachings. While I do not agree, I can see their argument from a semantic based standpoint.

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=115628
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=115630

These two threads will show you the delusions and explanations.

Nothing for Show, All for use

Posted On:
    8/16/2013 12:56pm

supporting member
     Style: Jook Lum South Mantis,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Like the open letter concept.

Be nice to see if the Mouthboxer will man up and puss out as is the reaction of most frauds.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/16/2013 2:07pm

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, we will disagree on mouth boxer. The open letter is fine, but the only reason it works is because of Jake (Jacob) Rydberg. He's the only instructor who followed through when the bullshit hit the fan.

I am disappointed that he is playing semantic games, but the near destruction of the West Coast side of Shaolin-Do is thanks to him and a few women who stood up to the bullshit.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/16/2013 9:56pm

Style: Hsing I, Bagua, Chi kung

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Well, we will disagree on mouth boxer. The open letter is fine, but the only reason it works is because of Jake (Jacob) Rydberg. He's the only instructor who followed through when the bullshit hit the fan.

I am disappointed that he is playing semantic games, but the near destruction of the West Coast side of Shaolin-Do is thanks to him and a few women who stood up to the bullshit.
    Interesting. I found my Chinese Shao-Lin Center manual and inside there was the school's flyer from 2008. Jacob Rydberg is listed as one of the head instructors.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/16/2013 10:13pm

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by vaquero de las nalgas View Post
    Interesting. I found my Chinese Shao-Lin Center manual and inside there was the school's flyer from 2008. Jacob Rydberg is listed as one of the head instructors.
    Yes and if you recall, there were close to 20 odd schools attached to the Soards' at that time. That was five years ago and much of these changes went down during that time period.

Edit:
    http://www.shao-lin.com/Category.cfm?CategoryID=10
    Colorado X3
    Arizona
    California
    New Mexico
    North Carolina (NEW)
    Utah

2008:
    Colorado X5 (2 were Campus Program)
    Arizona X3 (1 Campus Program)
    California X2
    New Mexico
    Las Vegas
    Utah
    Idaho X4 (1 Campus Program)
    New York
    Oregon
    Washington
    Ireland 2008!
    Holy ****, 21 if you count the rec programs. I mean they lost more than half their schools. Also, looks like they lost all of the rec programs and rightly so.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 8/16/2013 10:27pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/18/2013 5:52pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes I remember the details of the lawsuit and the ensuing posts.

My first impression of his school, was that he had to be teaching a lot of classes and bringing students in constantly. The location they had was very nice, very visible, weapons displayed on the walls, etc. I knew that their rent had to be pretty steep, because I am well acquainted with commercial real estate in that area.

There were some puzzling things to me: a school named Shao-lin that used karate uniforms and belts being the most obvious. Jake and his partner were nice to me, but I ended up taking Taiji elsewhere. They simply had TOO much, it was overwhelming. All I wanted was Taiji.

I see you are a former instructor. Do I understand correctly that the forms were copied from other arts?

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/18/2013 7:38pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by vaquero de las nalgas View Post

I see you are a former instructor. Do I understand correctly that the forms were copied from other arts?
    Honestly, I have no clue. I believe he learned a hybrid and added stuff as he went along. This is my personal opinion as some things he does correctly, other things have been direct from books. There is a Mantis form, according to actually Mantis practitioners, that has the markers that the GM of their style left in the book.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/18/2013 8:36pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OK, I understand. I finally waded through most of Sam Browning's PDF files.

So the crux of the matter was, an established style cannot be copyrighted, due to its (alleged) age. But Thé could copyright the forms he created himself. And that Rydberg was still teaching his system even though a cease and desist had been issued.

Thanks.