Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Middleweight

Posted On:
    8/14/2013 9:37pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD/ BJJ/Kickboxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Shogun vs Sonnen

Even though I might not be able to enjoy this event since Directv hasn't reached a deal with Fox as of this posting. Since I'm the unofficial MMA post guy I had to put this up. This weekend for those of you who are lucky the launch UFC event as Speed turns into Fox Sports 1 here's the full lineup.

Main card
    Weight class Method Round Time Notes
    Light Heavyweight Mauricio Rua vs. Chael Sonnen
    Heavyweight Alistair Overeem vs. Travis Browne
    Bantamweight Urijah Faber vs. Yuri Alcantara
    Welterweight Matt Brown vs. Mike Pyle
    Middleweight Uriah Hall vs. John Howard
    Lightweight Joe Lauzon vs. Michael Johnson
    Preliminary card (Fox Sports 1)
    Bantamweight Brad Pickett vs. Michael McDonald
    Featherweight Conor McGregor vs. Max Holloway
    Featherweight Mike Brown vs. Steven Siler
    Featherweight Diego Brandao vs. Daniel Pineda
    Preliminary card (Facebook)
    Featherweight Manvel Gamburyan vs. Cole Miller
    Light Heavyweight Cody Donovan vs. Ovince St. Preux
    Lightweight Ramsey Nijem vs. James Vick

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/15/2013 3:19am

Style: Muay Thai, Boxing, nogiJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Damn that is a nice card, full of some very exciting fights. Oddly enough, I find the main bout the weakest one on the main card.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/15/2013 7:12am

Style: Taekwondo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Such a good card.

Hope Manny Gambo can pull this off for Hayastan. Not holding my breath though.

Michael McD should take this no problem. No idea why he's fighting in the prelims, even with such a stacked main card.

J-Lau by sub.
    Uriah Hall by KO.
    Matt Brown extends the win streak.
    Urijah Faber by decision.

Travis Browne to KO the 'Reem.

Sonnen to wrestle Shogun's cardio away, win by decision.

The Notorious knocks out Max Holloway with a hadouken. Drinks pint. Buys another suit. Good craic is had by all. No cows are milked in Boston.

Posted On:
    8/15/2013 8:54am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rua is great, but he's really been slowing down lately. Sonnen, on the other hand, is sort of underrated, mainly on account of him losing fights to unbeatable superchamps and being a massive cocksucker on a personal level. I suspect that Sonnen will lay on Rua to a decision win.

Overeem is also underrated currently. I fucking hate his steroid-filled glass-jawed chickenhearted ass, but I predict that he demolishes Browne with little difficulty by virtue of fighting in a less retarded manner than he did last time.

Kinda depressing to see both MTB and Gamburyan so far down on the card

Posted On:
    8/15/2013 11:37am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought Sonnen rage quit after the ref stole his win over Jones. Overoids is back?? Didn't he run out on a piss test?? Did he "pass" this time??

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    8/15/2013 12:30pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i predict overreem to lose by way of his body now being fucked from a lifetime of roid abuse. last time he came in at a dangerously low level of testosterone, part of the reason he looked so ****.

awesome card. im going to be away skiing though.

Posted On:
    8/15/2013 1:36pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Looks like a fun card.

Shogun vs. Sonnen- Sonnen won't finish him, but Shogun's continually-worsening gas tank and his busted knees aren't going to let him keep getting up from Sonnen's takedowns. Sonnen via UD, unless Shogun pulls out a submission from his back.

Overeem vs. Browne- Whenever Overeem gets put on his puffed-up, smug face is always a good time, so I'm rooting for that here. Don't know enough about Browne to make a prediction one way or the other.

Brown vs. Pyle- Brown probably won't fight for the title, but his fights are always fun, and my coach's brother is his muay thai trainer, so I'm going for another KO win for Brown.

Hall vs. Howard- Should be interesting to see if Hall can get it together mentally and perform, or if he can't handle the big time. Howard's not an amazing fighter, but his head is made of concrete and he'll bring the fight to Hall. Flip a coin and say Howard by TKO.

The one I really want to see is McGregor and Holloway. I'm firmly attached to McGregor's nuts right now, and he's looked like a killer in his fights before the last one with Brimage. So I'll be interested to see how it goes down.
    Last edited by Neo Sigma; 8/15/2013 1:42pm at .

Middleweight

Posted On:
    8/15/2013 6:20pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD/ BJJ/Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hot damn Direct and Fox and all US providers reached a deal I will see you all and hopefully many more Saturday :)

Welterweight

Posted On:
    8/15/2013 7:45pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is going to be a crazy good card. Rooting for the local, Daniel Pineda.

If Rua or Sagat/Reem loose, this could be the end of their careers. So I hope they win. Chael is suppose to be dropping back down to middleweight, regardless of the outcome of this fight I believe...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/16/2013 3:55am

Style: Muay Thai, Boxing, nogiJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    While Overeem is undeniably a huge dipshit who has benefited from steroid use, he is still a very technically sound fighter. Considering his experience, striking ability, and fighting in a shallow weight class, I think he has a good chance of winning this one and remaining a contender.

Also, Rua is one of my favorite fighters. But everything everyone is saying about his knees and gas tank are true. Even more crucially, however, is that he is not adapting his gameplan to be more strategic/intelligent. He is still fighting like he was in Pride, when his body is just not capable of doing that anymore. As he is only 31 years old, I think he could add some more mileage to his career if he just fought smarter.
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast