Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Lightweight

Posted On:
    8/18/2013 8:39pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's all good. Despite the earlier controversy involving the article, Im pretty sure I can nail these guys. One of the major issues involved is that I do have to protect some of my sources and many are hiding the info. Just last night I was privy to a hidden blog post. It was published by a high level grappler, but removed to avoid controversy. It detailed the same scam.

There's a window of opportunity opening up for investigators in the near future. The scale here is absurd. We're seeing a global economic collapse in the industry. Watch for the fall of another major association as well as a general restructuring.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    8/18/2013 8:48pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    I hope that this does go viral again but (and this is to Villain) why give them any ammo?
    When they couldn't attack my business or my status, they decided to socially otracize my girlfriend, harassing her and telling her friends to avoid her. She came to me one night upset that people she thought were her friends had turned on her. She had nothing to do with my business decisions, but she's being punished for them by IBJJF lackeys. I dropped it for a reason, but then they started attacking her.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    8/18/2013 10:38pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I didn't say anything like that. I said that the person that reviewed the article is also a ring coordinator for the IBJJF. I'm not going to leak info from the advisory group, but yes, she is indeed affiliated with the IBJJF and yes, she was responsible for stalling the release of the article. I released it anyways under my own name and handled the fall out myself.

Now, moving right along... The article:

IBJJF Corruption

In 2010 the Carlos Gracie Jr lead IBJJF instituted its belt registration system for black belts. In 2012, they instituted the same system for brown belts. The effects of this policy were severe. Through the use of drop down menus, registration procedures, signature requirements, membership requirements and other red tape, the Federation essentially forced instructors into expensive, long term contracts for which they provide no goods or services. Those who failed to comply were stripped of their ranks and forced out of the competition circuits. This removed many talented grapplers from the mats, conned people out of thousands, separated instructors and students, and costs others their ranks. It also put many high ranking grapplers in position to sell rank to those undeserving, and to price gouge legitimate grapplers.

The most visible example of the effects of this policy is the incident involving Sam Osmanís performance at Pan Ams :

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f12...ebook-2429827/

In essence, Sam Osman, promoted by a second degree black belt to black belt, entered an IBJJF tournament where he was told by officials that he was not recognized as a black belt. Why not? It seems that his instructor was uncertified. Bullshido investigators called Schilling to find out what went wrong. According to Schilling, the signature policy represented a conflict of interests. How is one to ask their direct competition for signatures, many of which require free labor or large sums of money? Essentially, if he wishes to retain his independence, those degrees cannot be earned, only bought.

Letís take a look at some of these applications, all of which can be found at ibjjf.org:

http://extranet.ibjjfdb.com/System/F...?FederacaoId=2

http://www.ibjjf.org/BlackBeltApplication%20_IBJJF.pdf

http://usbjjf.org/imagens/AcademyReg...on_USBJJF_.pdf

By the time youíre properly registered with the IBJJF, youíll have signed your assets and autonomy over numerous times, both explicitly and implicitly. Timelines make things even more fun. Some may wish to side step the bureaucracy and clarify this process by dealing with actual humans.

Unfortunately, weíve reached the point where the black belt is for sale. Direct and in person, without any testing procedures or evaluation, an IBJJF belt with no strings attached allegedly goes for between $2,000 and $4,000. Because this deal is only available at the highest levels of the IBJJF, and the alternative paperwork is restrictive, you can easily find yourself, your students and your team banned from the Federation for refusing to pay a fee for which no goods and services are rendered, or refusal to sign your academy over. Sources also allege that members of Gracie Barra, owned by Carlos Gracie Jr. are selling ranks themselves.

Are you banned? You might be banned from the Federation and not even know it. If your instructor is not on this list or the drop down menu, you will have trouble with the Federation at brown belt, black belt, between belts and when being awarded degrees:

http://www.ibjjf.org/blackbelts.htm

That brown belt is gonna cost your instructor a lot of money. Maybe you should switch schools. After all, if the guy really knew jiujitsu, heíd be certified, right? Letís follow a local champion grappler though his certification process outside of the Federation:

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=104014

That all makes so much sense. Welcome to the current state of jiujitsu. Between thuggish associations, cash based rank, hostile takeovers and high tech trickery, the world of BJJ has grown corrupt.

Everything in this article is backed by the contents of this thread.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot from 2013-08-18 23:30:30.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	10.9 KB 
ID:	15339  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stall.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	11.3 KB 
ID:	15341  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot from 2013-08-18 23:28:57.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	10.8 KB 
ID:	15340  

Last edited by The Villain; 8/18/2013 10:43pm at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/21/2013 12:17am

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Lightweight

Posted On:
    8/21/2013 7:33am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Now, there remain several unsubstantiated claims that investigators may look into:

1. Removing large amounts of money from the economy in various European countries through the establishment of passive income
    2. Shady dealings within Gracie Barra itself

Lightweight

Posted On:
    8/24/2013 8:21am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here you see the IBJJF doing several things; Not only are they charging large amounts of cash for belt promotions, but they're pulling out the red tape in several instances as well. Instructors not registered, the guy that signed off is registered over in one spot and not another, school isn't affiliated, etc. Standard IBJJF MO.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma....2132870&page=1

Lightweight

Posted On:
    8/24/2013 8:32am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here they are stripping brown belts of their academies across the board. If you start teaching at purple, get your own spot at brown, you have to sign it over to continue:

https://www.change.org/petitions/int...-their-academy

However, with that same brown belt instructor, if he pays 2k or so in affiliation dues to a "legit" team, all of a sudden, he's good to go. Only difference is the pay off.
    Last edited by The Villain; 8/24/2013 8:44am at .

Nothing for Show, All for use

Posted On:
    8/24/2013 12:59pm

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     Dale Dugas Herbs: The Best Chinese Herbs & The Best Jow for the Best Price! Style: Jook Lum South Mantis,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Who cares?

You dont like the way they operate. Do not deal with them.

Seems like way too much bitching over nothing.

Move on.

Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off

Posted On:
    8/29/2013 3:11am

supporting member
     Style: Combat Cuddling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mor Sao View Post
    Who cares?

You dont like the way they operate. Do not deal with them.

Seems like way too much bitching over nothing.

Move on.
    As much as I don't want to jump in on this debacle, I have to say the IBJJF has done a fantastic job of making sure that they are the authority on BJJ in America.

You need students to run a gym, you need a platform to demonstrate success, IBJJF has the most credibility, you have to pay to play, you don't play ball you don't get to attach your name to their legitimacy, thus your gym isn't as competitive as Johnny-ass-kiss down the street.

It's a pretty genius racket.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/31/2013 9:02am

Style: Judo, Wrestling, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I recall talking to Herb Dean and he was representing S7, they were attempting to do the tournament/event thing. Disregarding what and who were associated with S7, in the US if someone had the nads to start something like this up that could review a belt, confirm a belt, keep track of and take pictures of competitors at each and every event, you could end up with a system of events and tournaments.

I hear and see Grapple Quest tournaments, and complaints about wrestlers being the referee's and I think this is a step back. Only JJ belts should ref, and go through training, but High School wrestlers work for peanuts, so we end up with some risky endings at matches.

In 2010 USA JJ was born, but I have not researched it enough to find out of they are like USA Judo, and if so are they doing things exactly right to be able to request admittance to Olympics, and maybe they have, I don't know. But someone could have started this allot earlier and already have gone allot farther, and done allot more, but as usual personal $$ get involved and agendas dictate who wants/gets credit, meanwhile kids suffer.

I always hoped/wondered why USA doesn't/didn't have until 2010 USA JJ, have a JuJitsu where ANYONE could compete. Does anyone know more about USA JJ?
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 6 LastLast