Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Lightweight

Posted On:
    8/13/2013 11:01am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Is the IBJJF Boston Open Rigged?

Despite the IBJJF claims to be hosting an open tournament in Boston, local teams are being absorbed into large franchises as a registration requirement. Teams that are not part of a large BJJ franchise are subsequently eliminated PRIOR TO the competition. Absorbing the financial assets and student base of smaller teams, can be considered both a form of business fraud and sports fraud.

This is what the IBJJF registration form looks like:

https://www.ibjjfdb.com/Auth/Login?ReturnUrl=%2f
    https://www.ibjjfdb.com/Atleta/Create

If you notice, affiliation is synonymous for registration with them, meaning that you belong to a major franchise. What this has to do with jiujitsu, I don't know.

This is what a normal registration form looks like:

http://apjj.homestead.com/NYReg1.html

Owning a franchise is not a requirement for entering legitimate tournaments, and no tournament can be called "Open" having this requirement. Last year, Lloyd Irvin won the tournament, as many top teams sat on the sidelines. Irvin is from DC.

Light Heavyweight

Achievements:
    1 year registeredTagger Second Class10000 Experience PointsThree Friends

Posted On:
    8/13/2013 3:11pm

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is there a legal recourse for this type of thing? Or will they just say to start your own tournament?
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    8/13/2013 5:43pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not currently pursuing legal action. I've distanced myself from this cult and their representative in charge of belt sales, has been removed from our program. It should be noted that for those of you considering non-participation in the IBJJF scam, that yuou can expect retaliation. Followers of the IBJJF are instructed not to speak to or interact with non-members, referring to outsiders as "trash". I was told essentially that I'd never work again.

Middleweight

Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    8/14/2013 7:46am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ+Sanda

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That is not remotely what "rigged" means. I'd suggest a title change.
    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    8/14/2013 10:08am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rigged: To manipulate fraudulently.

If you're removing teams from a tournament that you claim is open to extort thousands of dollars out of independent businesses, you might be engaged in both sports and business fraud.

Middleweight

Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    8/14/2013 11:05am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ+Sanda

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't see fraud. Their misuse of the word "open" is submarginal, they seem to be quite up-front about the terms of entry. This MABS, I'm sure a lawyer will be by to straighten this out.

It certainly stinks, but there is no way I would put my name to the claims you appear to be making.
    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Posted On:
    8/14/2013 11:14am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Christian Graugart's BJJ Globetrotters team is IBJJF registered, you can join for nothing and it doesn't make you do anything in particular:
    http://www.bjjglobetrotters.com/

I think that makes you all right to compete in any division below black belt.

The way you're explaining this, or not, isn't doing you any favours, Villain.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    8/14/2013 11:17am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Erm, you may want to spend more time in class and less time on the internet. You haven't been wondering what happened to your OTHER jiujitsu instructor?

Well, then PSB, allow me to explain. This is gonna take a few posts, so sit tight.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    8/14/2013 11:55am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    NAGA New England. "BTT" brings in two belts. One is the expert division championship belt, the other the black belt divsion championship belt. In the middle of the expert division, I encountered Aniss, a representative of BTT. I was quickly drafted onto the team, and as a member of the team, removed from the division to make way for Aniss and JJ. Aniss also refused to fight JJ, earning a second place medal without competing at all. JJ took first, also not fighting me. I then took third, winning both my initial match and the consolation match. Fast forward.

Now we're in the brown/black division. I'm removed from that as well. As I sit on the sidelines, a black belt approaches and is subsequently defeated. Having defeated all challengers in about 2.5 minutes total, Aniss suggests I request my black belt. I've got more sense than that, so I say nothing. That concludes NAGA.

Following the NAGA, after no mention of promotion, I'm told by my coworker, that he can not do promotion. I did not ask, he simply wanted to preemptively avoid the issue. Later, he approaches management with another offer. If I were to join Brazilian Top Team, I would recieve my belt. Management gives me a week to resolve the issue and I agree to join Brazilian Top Team. In exchange, I was to teach for them. We shake hands and all is well.

Enter Carlos Gracie Jr. Unfortunately, with myself at black, working independently, even as a member of Brazilian Top Team, I'd be entitled to my earnings and autonomy. Carlos Gracie Jr came to town with both a seminar and the IBJJF Boston Winter Open. He sat down with my coworker and started selling belts. 2,000 a belt for a total of 4,000. My coworker points out that he already has one and the price drops to 2,000 dollars. Months go by and nothing happens.

Finally, I ask Carlos Gracie Jr what the **** happened. He tells me he knows nothing and has never met my coworker. I then confirm with one of his black belts that this is indeed Carlos Gracie Jr at work. I then confirm again with my coworker who attempts to deny it. When confronted with the evidence, which will be provided for MABS in several attachments shortly, he confirms that Carlos Gracie Jr is indeed intercepting belt promotions and then reselling rank.

I put my belt on and went about my business. The IBJJF scrambled. They'd been found out. They held a secret meeting in New York City and then came back with more paperwork. An internal investigation was started and it was found that the coworker in question, black belt Vinny Souza, was a fraud. An official rank dealer for the IBJJF, he was found to have the grappling ability of a white belt.

My team is not only banned from the IBJJF competitions due the 2400 dollar buy in, but they even went so far as to retaliate against my girlfriend by telling the others not to speak or interact with her in the manner if a cult. Next up, documents proving the sale of belts by Carlos Gracie Jr and the IBJJF.

This is the case the rest of the bullies don't want to touch. This is also the first time these documents are being publicly revealed.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    8/14/2013 12:02pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First off, I would like you to meet Brazilian Top Team. From left to right, Aniss, JJ, and myself. The names Jordan. Some of you may remember me, if not, pleased to meet you. You'll note that JJ is indeed wearing the belt given to him when both Aniss and myself stepped aside. I'm wearing the New England black belt regional championship belt.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nagaredacted.jpg 
Views:	301 
Size:	30.6 KB 
ID:	15317  

Page 1 of 6 1 2345 ... LastLast