Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/13/2013 10:48am

Style: Kendo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think it's a dumb idea, but if you're dead set on it I suggest you contact Toraki and ask if they will sell you one with no logos. Those guys are pretty helpful, and if you are looking for a super-heavyweight judogi their Personal Gold will fit the bill. I really don't think you'll be happy with it for karate though.

Posted On:
    8/13/2013 2:50pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kempo & Goju

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, money is not that big of an issue. My earnings outweigh my expenses two-fold. I just have a mental block about spending over $200 on a gi.

Also, it sounds like a dumb idea to you, but to me it is what I need. For karate, it will last me forever. One I can use for 20 years or more.

There are many reasons I want this type of gi, and I am sticking with it. I just need to find some good places to get one.

Posted On:
    8/13/2013 3:36pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Toraki is well under your limit for any of their uniforms. Frankly, the more you spend the more likely there will be logos, albeit often fairly discrete ones.

You can see the logos in the pic below. Not sure if they will supply without, but you can check or alternately just remove them, they are small and embroidered.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/14/2013 2:09pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha One Four View Post
    Well, money is not that big of an issue. My earnings outweigh my expenses two-fold. I just have a mental block about spending over $200 on a gi.

Also, it sounds like a dumb idea to you, but to me it is what I need. For karate, it will last me forever. One I can use for 20 years or more.

There are many reasons I want this type of gi, and I am sticking with it. I just need to find some good places to get one.
    There are hardly any decent Judo Gi for under 200. Mizuno has a small run bird logo on the jacket and pants.

No Judo Gi is going to last 20 years. My last true mizuno double weave lasted maybe three years and about four classes a week. Air drying them will make them last longer, but it's sketchy at best to assume they will last 20 years

Posted On:
    8/16/2013 8:41am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Malinois View Post
    No Judo Gi is going to last 20 years. My last true mizuno double weave lasted maybe three years and about four classes a week. Air drying them will make them last longer, but it's sketchy at best to assume they will last 20 years
    They wll last a lot longer under the use he intends, ie karate practice. I have kendogi that are 10 years old or more, and they take more abuse than karategi do (wear and tear from the armour contact points).
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12