Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. #11

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,271
    Style
    血鷲
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your adversary should thank you for the "keep-the-left-up-when-closing" reminder.

    Looked like he couldn't decide whether to go overhand with the right (with some kind of weird chambered-left position...I thought you were the Karateka in this match) or single-leg with the left--in which case he could still have closed range with the left in a more protective position for longer than he did.

    Either way, his coach will make much use of the vid to try and get his charge back to bread-and-butter defensive basics.
    Last edited by Vieux Normand; 8/13/2013 2:13pm at .

  2. #12

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    1,047
    Style
    Muay Thai
    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also, I don't know how amateur rules work in Arizona, but most refs here in NY would have given you the KO even if you did hit with your knee. In amateur muay thai, knees to the head aren't allowed, but that's mostly interpreted as "no pulling the head down for knees in the clinch", and if you duck your head into a knee, it's your own stupid fault.

  3. #13

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Southeast WI
    Posts
    892
    Style
    aikido
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetsumusha View Post
    This is a kickass GIF that needs to go down in the annals of Bullshido history.

  4. #14
    danharr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Houston, Tx
    Posts
    1,738
    Style
    TKD/ BJJ/Kickboxing
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And it goodnight Irene! Tetsumusha ends the bout with head kick ko in his mixed martial arts de-boo, as Michael Schiavello would've called the match.

  5. #15
    My dog is cuter and smarter than yours. Join us... or die
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    9,381
    Style
    Kodokan Judo
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nice kick, timing is everything !

    How much competition did you do in your 4 years of Judo?
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

  6. #16

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    90
    Style
    Karate, w/ a side of judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieux Normand View Post
    Your adversary should thank you for the "keep-the-left-up-when-closing" reminder.

    Looked like he couldn't decide whether to go overhand with the right (with some kind of weird chambered-left position...I thought you were the Karateka in this match) or single-leg with the left--in which case he could still have closed range with the left in a more protective position for longer than he did.

    Either way, his coach will make much use of the vid to try and get his charge back to bread-and-butter defensive basics.
    In watching video of his previous fight, and seeing him in the first round, I knew he did that--he sort of wings a big overhand right while diving for a single at the same time. That's how I was able to time the kick, although I have to say he actually did close the distance faster than I expected.

    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Sigma View Post
    Also, I don't know how amateur rules work in Arizona, but most refs here in NY would have given you the KO even if you did hit with your knee. In amateur muay thai, knees to the head aren't allowed, but that's mostly interpreted as "no pulling the head down for knees in the clinch", and if you duck your head into a knee, it's your own stupid fault.
    They didn't specifically say that they would have DQ'd me or ruled it a NC, but the way they were talking about it certainly made it sound like those were possibilities. In the rules meeting before the event, the commission made it sound like the rules were very strict. I would think that if they were going to say it was illegal, they would have ruled it a NC since I didn't throw it intentionally. They were eventually able to find a camera angle that confirmed what the ref and I said (that it was the ankle/instep) and ruled it a KO by kick.

    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Nice kick, timing is everything !

    How much competition did you do in your 4 years of Judo?
    Honestly, not a whole lot--I'm not a very competitive person, by nature. Maybe 6-7 judo tournaments and a no-gi grappling tournament.

  7. #17
    It is Fake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    34,592
    Style
    xingyi
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nice timing, way to catch a flaw in your opponents video.

  8. #18

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Bluegrass
    Posts
    221
    Style
    Traditional Mix
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Congrats on your win. Nice kick!

Page 2 of 2 First 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO