• Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123 4567 LastLast

Posted On:
    8/10/2013 3:26am

Style: Kendo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    An armored horse and a saber would be badass zombie countermeasures. Some zombie movie should do that.
    Too hard to armour everything. I'm thinking, zombie horse.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/10/2013 10:32am

Style: JUDO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gregaquaman View Post
    have its bark removed. Mate of mine did that. Now he has stealth dog.

This is near fucking interesting and awesome, but then how does he cope with the fact that he cant hear the barks as a sign of alert. I mean, you are on patrol walking aroun post-apocalyptic lands and you must be alert at your surroundings and also keeping an eye on the dog's reactions.

Not criticizing, Just wanting to know how does your friend deal with the bark removed dog

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/10/2013 12:25pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    These are all I need for the apocalypse:

Posted On:
    8/10/2013 12:40pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    With an axe you could kill zombies open doors cut firewood and make shelter. Traditionally viking axes were used for scaling walls. Leaving the zombies in my dust.

Truckers friend.

Pipe hawk.
    That Trucker's Friend is pretty sweet. My vote goes to the pipe hawk though. The head can be easily removed for light utility jobs like skinning and cutting. You can also make a new axe handle with the head alone.

In fact, starting with just the pipe hawk head, you can produce just about anything else you need to survive.

The trucker's friend loses a bit of the handiness by virtue of the way it's handle is set up. No easy detach and if you do manage to get them apart without damaging it permanently the head won't be as easy to wield.

There's a reason the really enduring designs from the old days were made the way they are.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/10/2013 1:04pm

Style: JUDO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    have its bark removed. Mate of mine did that. Now he has stealth dog.
    Quote Originally Posted by LXIII View Post
    This is near fucking interesting and awesome, but then how does he cope with the fact that he cant hear the barks as a sign of alert. I mean, you are on patrol walking aroun post-apocalyptic lands and you must be alert at your surroundings and also keeping an eye on the dog's reactions.

Not criticizing, Just wanting to know how does your friend deal with the bark removed dog
    forget the crap i just spout, they dont really become mute or anything, their bark gets turn down to a point is less annoying

Posted On:
    8/10/2013 10:35pm

Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LXIII View Post

Alerted to the souds of screaming I guess.

It is that sort of dog.

But if patrolling the dog is on a lead so you would feel it. and if you come in range the dog will mangle you. This is a crowd control thing where the handler might be in danger of being snuck up from behind and hit so instead the handler has a 360 degree of protection.

It does make it quite funny in some of the bigger fights. because I would be punching on and the handler would be punching on while the dog is biting people and you would drift too close and suddenly the dog would come at me and I would have to jump out of the way. There were some very close calls.
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/11/2013 7:23am

Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post

Behold, the REAL anti-zombie:

So Chinese MA got is right all along:

Posted On:
    8/11/2013 3:20pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This pic almost made it into the Glock section, but I couldn't come up with a good Buddha/Zombie joke for it.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    8/11/2013 3:28pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
    This pic almost made it into the Glock section, but I couldn't come up with a good Buddha/Zombie joke for it.

You're all good. No words required, I think.

Posted On:
    8/11/2013 4:16pm

Style: BBT/BJJ/CJKD

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
    #1 Boar Spear

yes, the #1 weapon in a Zombie Apocalypse is something you've never seen in a Hollywood production... gee, I wonder why. could it be that virtually nobody in the entertainment business knows jack **** about military tactics? You don't say... *CAGEFACE*

And now we've reached the zenith of this list of things you should probably have around your house in case of a Zombie Apocalypse. But this whole time we've been using "Zombie Apocalypse" as a euphemism for large-scale civil disturbance and/or social breakdown. Which aside from masturbatory gear fetishism, is the only purpose in composing a list like this anyway. (Except for getting more visitors on this website, by you sharing this article because you found it both informative and entertaining, or because you want to use it to make fun of your dumbass friends and their dumbass opinions... something Bullshido excels at.)

So with that reality interlude now over, why of all the weapons we could have chosen to be at the top of this list, why, pray tell, did we select this one? Well, a few reasons.

First, like the Katana, it doesn't run out of ammunition. But unlike the Katana, it doesn't require decades of training to learn how to make. This means if the damn thing breaks, you don't need to go on an epic quest and apprentice yourself to a legendary master to replace the fucking thing. It is literally a long, pointy stick; albeit with a bit of a cross bar to keep the business end from traveling too far into the undead's head making it difficult to extract quickly in a multiple attacker scenario.

the cross piece that keeps the spear from penetrating too deeply is called an "Arschloch". When combined with the spear point, it's called the "Blvdes Arschloch".

Second, and most importantly, the Phalanx. If you've never seen 300, or Troy, or you dropped out of school in the 6th grade, or you never played any strategy game, or you... you get the point. The Phalanx was the most effective formation in military history up to that point. Alexander used it to smash through the Persians all the way to India and carve out one of the largest empires in Human history.

I don't disagree with you on the choice of tools, but 300 and Troy have to about the worst possible examples of how a phalanx worked. They use the phalanx for about a minute in 300, and then abandon it for the rest of the movie. And even when they use the phalanx formation, the choreographer has the front rank men raise their shields high out of the way as they stab forward. No, no, no. The shield stayed in place, and protected the man holding it, and the man to his left. Thrusts were done over the shield. Check this out: Of course, "shield wall" formations were used for centuries, so there are plenty of variations. Here's how the Romans did it: oversize shields and short stabbing swords. Or you could go the haphazard Dark Age route and emulate the Vikings. What? You can't get over the silliness of a half-dozen reenactment Vikings to imagine how a full scale battle looked? Okay, maybe the sheer scale of the 2006 Battle of Hastings reenactment will help. Hastings is one of the last great Shield Wall battles. After this, heavy cavalry -- knights -- take prominence on the early Medieval battlefield. Hmmm... I wonder how heavy cavalry would fare against zombies?
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123 4567 LastLast