Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/20/2013 9:45am

Style: MMA

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    Gen 32:24

Not only was God into wrestling but the winner of this championship match won a nation to be buit after him.

Also the first documented hip submission.
    Read it again; it wasn't a hip submission, that was God fighting dirty.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/20/2013 11:07am

Style: Jujitsu Aikido Bodycombat

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hertzyscowicz View Post
    Read it again; it wasn't a hip submission, that was God fighting dirty.
    Only if it wasn't in the rules. :)

Oooh, it actually sounds a bit like Dim Mak. Perhaps it exists after all...

Posted On:
    8/20/2013 1:29pm

Style: Humbleness

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Psalms 144:1

"Blessed be the LORD my strength, who teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight; !"

That dude should read this

http://www.cracked.com/article_15699...le-verses.html

That anti MMA dude would not survive a second in the old testament, he would probably be captured by the sodomites and used as a slave

Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    I'm not sure who's more irritating: Christian anti-martial arts people or Christian pro-martial arts people

They should change it to "Do you even lift my son? "

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/20/2013 9:53pm

Style: 1 technique 1000 times

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's funny to think that so-called pastors will encourage people to enjoy Star Wars, Chronicles of Narnia and Lord of the Rings, which all have hateful wars and extreme prejudices involved in the stories, but shun anyone who wants to go see a friendly, consensual and planned out fight between two well trained individuals with trained medical staff on hand in the event that anything goes wrong.

I'll bet this pastor would also encourage the young people in his church to "serve your country by joining the Army" where they'll be trained to kill with extreme prejudice. Not fight someone of assumed equal skill and trained medical staff at the ready, but kill as your life depended on it.

I hope you guys see the double standard I'm trying to point out. This guy is bogus.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    8/21/2013 9:58am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by csharp.negative View Post
    It's funny to think that so-called pastors will encourage people to enjoy Star Wars, Chronicles of Narnia and Lord of the Rings
    I'm sure there's Christian busybodies who rally against all those things. My nephew showed me anti-Harry Potter and anti-Hulk comic pamphlet that some Christian assholes gave him on Halloween.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/21/2013 11:40am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But Harry Potter is a different thing altogether. HP is mostly criticized for making children believe that they can practice witchcraft and cast spells, which is, when in pretend, harmless, but if a person actually starts digging into that, well, best case scenario the child thinks that they can become like God or they just fall into a false religion/cult, which is sin (1st and 2nd commandment). Worst case scenario, there are priests who have written about and been interviewed about performing exorcisms on people who had gotten into ouija boards, eneagrams, wicca, and all other sorts of things most people just look at as foolish (considering ouija boards are sold by Parker Brothers). I have no authority to speak on this subject, though, I'm just speaking from experience as a devout Christian myself. I was about 9 years old when HP was a big thing, and I'm actually considering asking my mom if our at-the-time pastor spoke about whether parents should allow their kids to get into it or not.

Anti-Hulk and other superheroes though is kinda the same thing; that you can have supernatural powers from something other than God's will. To the majority of it, I say it's harmless, because parents and teachers need to raise their kids to understand that it's 99% fake.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    8/21/2013 11:55am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But Star Wars, Narnia and LOTR have Jesus-ish protagonists! FALSE IDOLS!

Lightweight

Posted On:
    8/21/2013 12:53pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Wrestling, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by doofaloofa View Post
    Poor form Jesus

Do you even roll?
    Come on man, Jesus doesn't need ANY form when dealing with the devil. Besides, he has Michael to defeat him whenever, and we all know that the archangels Gabriel and Michael (Both of Irish Descent) will do some river-dancing-stomp-the-****-out-of-you on Satans body, and that my friends means the Jesus has a huge dose of Celtic Pride in him- Surely we would also need Big John, or Herb Dean there because if Gabriel had his way, surely a blade (illegal in Unified rules) would find its way to the Satans throat...

Lightweight

Posted On:
    8/21/2013 3:49pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Wrestling, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by doofaloofa View Post
    What we need is a good news MMA story

A guy (or gal), who was set on the straight and narrow thanks to Cage Fightin'

"I was totally a dope fiend, then I started hanging out at the local ufc club. The coach and the other guys (or gals) realy helped me turn my life around

Now I'm clean, in great shape, and I could totally kick your ass"
    I still worry amigo, you are carrying a sword in your avatar thingy. Just kidding-

I believe that most fighters I have dealt with, over half have had troubles, we all have. I commend you brother, keep it up. What you have done is a SKILL, not so much will power.

Look into a book called 'Change Anything' and see what I mean. I have given out over 50 copies, and no I didnt write or anything like that, a mentor turned me onto it because I coach kids, adults, teach etc. GodSpeed.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/21/2013 4:17pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    But Star Wars, Narnia and LOTR have Jesus-ish protagonists! FALSE IDOLS!
    Thus you see where the double standard lies, where I get sick of my own people and how I plan on raising my future kids: to think.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast