Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/09/2013 3:38pm

Style: Kickboxing/MuaiThai (new)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by theAsthmatic View Post
    The same could be said for something like cocaine for instance.

If the side effects of a substance entering your blood stream are to the tune of killing your brain cells or making you obese, it may not be 'toxic' as you define it, but it certainly doesn't mean you should allow those chemicals in. It's a bit dangerous to say that if it enters the body in a similar fashion to everything else then you can eat it and the body will be fine. Would you eat a 15lbs bag of sugar? It's fat free :).

I agree. And that would be why I never said it was ok. In the same sense; saying it makes you TOXIC and can be removed from your system from a detox is not ok. This is false information; and the removal of a chemical from the system causes side effects of a chemical nature in the brain. It enters the body as any other medication or chemical does. Suger for instance triggers an addictive response in the brain that causes you to want more. As does Tobacco, Cocaine and food in general can be.

If there is some strange problem with understanding that 'bad things enter your body the same way good things do but only have different effects' then I'm not sure how anyone is supposed to explain it. And even so it is still not the removal of 'toxins' and should not be depicted as such.

15lb of suger has 5805 calories. My average intake per day is around 2200 calories on non fasting days. I never once in any of my posts mentioned fat. From there you can figure out your answer.

Likewise; posts should not be responded to by adding information by quoting it then responding to things that weren't stated.
    Last edited by Ignoscant; 8/09/2013 3:43pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/09/2013 4:11pm

Style: grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If I want to lose weight really fast I juice fast. Same as water fasting but with nutrients. I follow this up by drinking a cup of olive oil. I'm a sick ****.

Juice fasting can be a great way to lose weight and break bad eating habits. The olive oil thing is just masochism, don't do it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/10/2013 12:44pm

Style: sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ignoscant View Post
    I agree. And that would be why I never said it was ok. In the same sense; saying it makes you TOXIC and can be removed from your system from a detox is not ok. This is false information; and the removal of a chemical from the system causes side effects of a chemical nature in the brain. It enters the body as any other medication or chemical does. Suger for instance triggers an addictive response in the brain that causes you to want more. As does Tobacco, Cocaine and food in general can be.

If there is some strange problem with understanding that 'bad things enter your body the same way good things do but only have different effects' then I'm not sure how anyone is supposed to explain it. And even so it is still not the removal of 'toxins' and should not be depicted as such.

15lb of suger has 5805 calories. My average intake per day is around 2200 calories on non fasting days. I never once in any of my posts mentioned fat. From there you can figure out your answer.

Likewise; posts should not be responded to by adding information by quoting it then responding to things that weren't stated.
    The fat thing was supposed to be a joke at the expense of 'healthy' marketing slapping the fat free label on everything. But anyway, would you eat a 2lbs bag of sugar then? That's below you daily caloric intake right?

is badder than you

Posted On:
    8/26/2013 12:22pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    15lb of suger has 5805 calories

15lbs sugar * 454g/lb * 4kcal/g sugar = 27240kcal
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/29/2013 3:24pm

Style: HS Cuddling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    **** I'm going to have to "Go Advanced" with this one and snip a ton of crap.

It requires a person to sacrifice their stomachs for 2 days a week. I set mine to be tuesday and thursday as those are my busiest days and I haven't got time to eat on those days anyway.
    That's horrible. LOLwut you should be eating more on your busiest days because you're expending more energy. You're just burning off muscle then, not fat.

On these days you eat no more than 500 Calories total. That includes any intake (drinks, coffee, tea, milk) and what can amount to be a huge helping of vegetables for dinner. You can make a massive meal of vegetables for 500 Cals and it's extremely filling.
    This is just retarded. Do some ACTUAL research on how fat loss works. Sure this'll work for "weight loss" but I promise you're burning 80% muscle, 20% fat during this time.

On off days; eat what you wish. Obviously you don't want to go over the top; there are some bad habbits like heavy suger products (dairy chocolate; alcohol; softdrinks) that can seriously throw you out of whack. But if you eat a normal healthy diet; bread, meat, veges - it's very unlikely that by the end of the week you will have overdone it.
    If you're serious about losing weight, don't.

Eat what you wish, but only as long as it fits your macros. IIFYM.

Quote Originally Posted by bb.com
    What IIFYM essentially puts forth, is that it’s o.k. to ‘eat like a normal human being’ every once in a while. You can have a chocolate bar each day; no worries. You want some icecream in your home made weight gainer today? No worries, mate. Go for it. Here’s the first clincher. You MUST ensure that what you’re consuming FITS YOUR MACRONUTRIENT REQUIREMENTS for that day. If you don’t do this, you’re not following IIFYM. Here’s the second clincher that most people overlook or simply fail to understand: IIFYM DOES NOT, I repeat, DOES NOT give you the green light to chow down on chocolate bars and ice-cream every single day as a MAIN SOURCE of carbs and fats.
    I know those people in battlefield's MMA acceleration program posted earlier know what they're talking about cause they mentioned that there. This is what IFBB Pros are doing (along with their juiced up stacks).

This is what all bodybuilders and physique contestants follow. Yes, there are many shredded people who cut on poptarts, ice cream, and cake. Take a single multi and your micros are hit for the day too.

The days can be adjusted or moved around as you wish; or skipped completely (on holiday? No problems eat all week and go back to 5/2 the next week) and if you find your wait loss is too much switch to 6/1 instead.
    Weight loss should never be too extreme. Anything >500 calorie deficit and you're losing a considerable amount of muscle along with fat.

I have managed to adjust my weight at will using this method for years both up and down. My fiance has used it to loose 10 kg's in the matter of 4 months (and continues to 6/1 as she's seen health benefits and suffers less from migraines as a side effect and to manage her weight easily) and I myself suffer from side effects from having a Gal Bladder removed that have become much less painful since 5/2 lifestyle (and exercise obviously).
    Yeah. Your weight can be adjusted by just eating. Losing 10kg in just 4 months is extremely unhealthy unless you're obese. Most of the weight loss was water and muscle. Your body can only burn fat so fast.

Before everyone flips out at me and says how awful this idea is and how it doesn't work; a lot of people have issues cause they try to cheat the numbers. As long as on your off days you eat no more than 500 Cals and on your on days you don't gorge on insane food groups - you will likely notice the benefits.
    LMFAO what are you saying. You just said that you can cheat and don't have to count on your off days. Wtf? And again. 500 calories a day is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard of. Idk where you got your broscience from, but it's wrong.

IT IS NOT A MIRACLE DIET
    Hah. No ****.

It only works if you use it as a lifestyle change. Returning to your current intake and / or lack of exercise will increase your weight again and return you to where you started. It is not a miracle cure but it is an alternative to the juice diet that I have seen many people use effectively. (and I have seen many more fail - so it may not work for you but it's easier than suffering through the juice diet)
    You have no idea how to cut or bulk properly. Goddammit.

Phrost, don't ban me for links, but seriously, READ.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=150240963
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=150051643

EVERYTHING THERE. Like wtf? I expected better from you Ignoscant.

Inb4 bodybuilders juice, that's a different kind of juicing I won't get into.
    Inb4 bodybuilders gain muscle on a calorie deficit, that's because of the juice.
    Inb4 bodybuilders cut on more than a 500 calorie deficit, that's because of juice or they're desperately trying to make weight for comp. Comp preparation generally starts 18 weeks out though, and juice cycles are 12 weeks unless you blast.

In order to cut, a caloric DEFICIT over an extended period of time is needed. A deficit of around 200-400 calories will generally suffice. Whilst remaining in a slight deficit, ensure that protein consumption is slightly boosted. This should assist with satiety (feeling fuller for longer) and may help with minimizing lean tissue loss. Furthermore, protein has a higher thermic effect compared to carbs or fats which essentially means it requires more calories to be digested. Cutting is a SLOW process. Do not rush it. Crash cuts generally DO NOT end well, especially if you lack experience in cutting.
    In order to gain lean tissue and therefore bodyweight, a caloric SURPLUS over an extended period of time is a must. A surplus of around 200-400 calories will generally suffice. Lean tissue AND strength gains WILL be better when a caloric surplus is utilized. When bulking, I suggest that you aim for roughly 0.5-1 pound per week. A clean or dirty bulk refers to THE AMOUNT of calories consumed above maintenance needs, NOT the food sources themselves. For illustrative purposes, a clean bulk would be a surplus of 300 calories whilst a dirty bulk would be a surplus of 800 calories.

Ignoscant, you probably didn't notice the amount of muscle lost instead of fat because you don't lift. If you did, you'd notice your PR's and reps crashing down.

Keto is stupid and messes up your hormones. Low carbs is really stupid and messes with glycogen supply (energy).
    Last edited by Cuddles; 8/29/2013 3:31pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/29/2013 3:27pm

Style: HS Cuddling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by theAsthmatic View Post
    The fat thing was supposed to be a joke at the expense of 'healthy' marketing slapping the fat free label on everything. But anyway, would you eat a 2lbs bag of sugar then? That's below you daily caloric intake right?
    You're taking it wrong. You'd fill your entire macro with carbs. No protein means no [muscle] gains or repairs and your body will burn muscle to fill your protein macro.
    No fat means your hormone levels are going to be really messed up.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/05/2013 12:53am

Style: mt/bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Eating healthy BOOSTS your body's immune system and pretty much enhances EVERYTHING. (along with exercise)

I'm not on a "juice diet" but I throw juice (wheatgrass, beats, cucumber, carrots, celery, protein powder, cilantro, spinach, kale) into my regular eating habits.

I eat lots of lean meat and nuts too, fresh fruit

I haven't always been eating that way and I noticed it.. clear skin, more energy, faster recovery.

I'm not on a "juice" diet but I feel amazing when I drink them.. : ). There is nothing BS about it, it works wonders.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/05/2013 1:29am

Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by big maclol View Post
    Eating healthy BOOSTS your body's immune system and pretty much enhances EVERYTHING. (along with exercise)

I'm not on a "juice diet" but I throw juice (wheatgrass, beats, cucumber, carrots, celery, protein powder, cilantro, spinach, kale) into my regular eating habits.

I eat lots of lean meat and nuts too, fresh fruit

I haven't always been eating that way and I noticed it.. clear skin, more energy, faster recovery.

I'm not on a "juice" diet but I feel amazing when I drink them.. : ). There is nothing BS about it, it works wonders.
    Agree, I do drink juice as part of my diet but not at the expense of other food sources. As part of a balanced diet it works fine - on it's own - no.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/05/2013 11:05am

Style: sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuddles View Post
    You're taking it wrong. You'd fill your entire macro with carbs. No protein means no [muscle] gains or repairs and your body will burn muscle to fill your protein macro.
    No fat means your hormone levels are going to be really messed up.
    That was actually my point, but ok.

Posted On:
    6/24/2014 3:26am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Juice fasting good for the physical fitness.
    It helps to control the cholesterol level, and burn the fat for the weight management.
    I have tried the juice fasting for my weight loss and get the sufficient results for the weight control.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123