Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/07/2013 4:09pm

Style: Kempo Karate, BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Juice Fast

I am thinking about going on a 5 week juicing fast. My grandmother is buying me on of those NutriBlast that I have seen on an infomercial. I am hoping that this will put my entire system on reset, from all that fast food and bad eating over the years. So has anyone else done this? Any tips for a beginner?
    Attached Images  

Posted On:
    8/07/2013 5:30pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First off, thanks for adding a pic to the thread. If more people did that, no puppies would ever die and war would be a thing of the past.

I've tried Intermittent Fasting, and with a busy schedule it just jacked me up. But it's worth trying if you're looking to reboot your system to some degree.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    8/07/2013 5:42pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    juice diets are a crock of **** btw. you know what happens if there are toxins staying around in your liver? you fucking die. or, it doesnt stock up and you are fine. bad food might build up cholesterol which drinking juice aint gonna do **** about.

just stop being a fat **** and youll be fine.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/07/2013 5:52pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah that's what I am worried about. The lack of meat in my system making me drag myself across the floor just to move.

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    juice diets are a crock of **** btw. you know what happens if there are toxins staying around in your liver? you fucking die. or, it doesnt stock up and you are fine. bad food might build up cholesterol which drinking juice aint gonna do **** about.

just stop being a fat **** and youll be fine.
    ummm.....Okay?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/07/2013 6:11pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am going to chronicle again changes to my body and whatnot (positive and negative) in this thread for anyone thinking about doing a Juice fast as well.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    8/07/2013 7:03pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Galope View Post

ummm.....Okay?
    im sorry i thought that it was a general knowledge thing.

ok here is how it works. detox diets try and make you buy into the myth that you have all these horrible toxins in your body, liver etc. that make you a fatty and unhealthy person.

the reality is that the human body can either deal with something or it cant. if it cant, or if it cant deal with the AMOUNT of something (as in the case of alcohol poisoning) you just die. hence why poisons etc can require immediate stomach pumping because if that **** gets into your liver and it cant process it, your **** is toast.

the people who sell juice fasting bollocks try and sell the idea that because of your crummy maccas diet you have all this horrible **** floating around your body. in some ways that is true- high cholesterol, fucked lungs from smoking, etc- HOWEVER drinking juice and shitting all over the place WILL NOT make a difference to these things.

you could do a water fast and it would be exactly the same. except you wont be paying a bunch of money to do it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/07/2013 7:55pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay I think I understand now. This is definitely something to think about. thanks alex.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/07/2013 11:06pm

Style: Kickboxing/MuaiThai (new)

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm going to post this here - but it isn't a diet. It's a life style change and it's a commitment that requires a change for life. I've been doing it on and off myself for years but more recently it's been called the 5 / 2 diet.

It requires a person to sacrifice their stomachs for 2 days a week. I set mine to be tuesday and thursday as those are my busiest days and I haven't got time to eat on those days anyway.

On these days you eat no more than 500 Calories total. That includes any intake (drinks, coffee, tea, milk) and what can amount to be a huge helping of vegetables for dinner. You can make a massive meal of vegetables for 500 Cals and it's extremely filling.

On off days; eat what you wish. Obviously you don't want to go over the top; there are some bad habbits like heavy suger products (dairy chocolate; alcohol; softdrinks) that can seriously throw you out of whack. But if you eat a normal healthy diet; bread, meat, veges - it's very unlikely that by the end of the week you will have overdone it.

The days can be adjusted or moved around as you wish; or skipped completely (on holiday? No problems eat all week and go back to 5/2 the next week) and if you find your wait loss is too much switch to 6/1 instead.

I have managed to adjust my weight at will using this method for years both up and down. My fiance has used it to loose 10 kg's in the matter of 4 months (and continues to 6/1 as she's seen health benefits and suffers less from migraines as a side effect and to manage her weight easily) and I myself suffer from side effects from having a Gal Bladder removed that have become much less painful since 5/2 lifestyle (and exercise obviously).

Before everyone flips out at me and says how awful this idea is and how it doesn't work; a lot of people have issues cause they try to cheat the numbers. As long as on your off days you eat no more than 500 Cals and on your on days you don't gorge on insane food groups - you will likely notice the benefits.

IT IS NOT A MIRACLE DIET

It only works if you use it as a lifestyle change. Returning to your current intake and / or lack of exercise will increase your weight again and return you to where you started. It is not a miracle cure but it is an alternative to the juice diet that I have seen many people use effectively. (and I have seen many more fail - so it may not work for you but it's easier than suffering through the juice diet)

is badder than you

Posted On:
    8/07/2013 11:41pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There's nothing particularly healthy about juice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/08/2013 9:22am

Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I echo the posts on here. The whole detox thing is a myth propagated by diet industry. You don’t need it. Your body is very good at detoxing itself.

The reality is that what you need to do is eat sensibly, balance protein, fresh fruit and veg and the right kind of carbs (e.g. brown rice vs white etc).

However, saying that – I used to enjoy a glass of juice to start the day – orange and carrot is my favourite.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast