Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
  1. #11

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    559
    7
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorpal View Post
    If you have the time to think about any of that crap when you're grappling then your sparring partners suck.
    I think that is what he is afraid of. Ba boom!!

  2. #12
    PDA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    986
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think you posted this on the wrong website as your problem has nothing to do with grappling IMO.
    King without a crown

  3. #13
    jnp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    8,343
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey Owl View Post
    I think that is what he is afraid of. Ba boom!!
    This is a technique forum. It is not YMAS. Jokes are fine provided their is also substantive content to go along with them.

    I trust it will not be necessary to type this message again.

  4. #14
    ChenPengFi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hawai'i
    Posts
    3,891
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey Owl View Post
    As a hetrosexual man, I can't say I get any 'kicks' from training with female partners. I can't see how a homosexual person would in a similar situation. It's just training.
    To be fair, we did get a guy who showed up to no-gi wearing old school PE shorts and an '80s style "muscle shirt".
    It soon became clear he was wearing absolutely nothing under said shorts and that his focus was, well, counter-productive to the rest of the class.
    So i don't think the concept is too far of a stretch, for some.
    We get girls who come in looking to hook up too, after all.
    (At least that's the impression one can get when the newly acquired birth control implant and the dumping of loser ex-boyfriend makes it's way into every single conversation...)
    It's like any co-ed environment/social activity in that respect.

    That said the whole 'BJJ is gay' thing is pretty stupid.
    Get over yourself, or get in touch with yourself.

    Just figure out which one it is.
    It's not like you're doing Turkish wrestling...

  5. #15
    Rivington's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    East Bay, CA
    Posts
    4,803
    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Desensitize yourself by taking massages from a male therapist, or attend a movement/acting class that involves physical encounters with men and women both, that sort of thing.

  6. #16

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    559
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    This is a technique forum. It is not YMAS. Jokes are fine provided their is also substantive content to go along with them.

    I trust it will not be necessary to type this message again.
    Sorry. Noted.

    However to the OP, until you address the source of these feelings that you yourself regard as 'stupid' they will always be an issue. Some past event? Parental influence? We can only guess.

  7. #17

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    227
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey Owl View Post
    However to the OP, until you address the source of these feelings that you yourself regard as 'stupid' they will always be an issue. Some past event? Parental influence? We can only guess.
    So to cure a cold you have to find out where you got it from? Does not sound right. Sure it would be interesting to hear some personal drama from OP but I doubt it would change the recommendation for treatment.
    He just needs to train and get used to it. Personal space issues are not even that uncommon.

  8. #18
    It is Fake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    34,442
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by killface View Post
    So to cure a cold you have to find out where you got it from?
    The better example would be if you keep getting sick, you find out the source of the repeated occurence. If he keeps having this issue or it is as strong as he implies, he needs to source his problem.

  9. #19

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    227
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    The better example would be if you keep getting sick, you find out the source of the repeated occurence. If he keeps having this issue or it is as strong as he implies, he needs to source his problem.
    Yes, "if" but for now it is the best to keep it simple. It is quite likely that some weeks of grappling will cure him. If he keeps having the problem for a longer period of time, of course one needs to thing about other solutions. Meaning he needs to seek professional help.

  10. #20
    Phrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 1998
    Location
    Cow Town
    Posts
    19,137
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Really?

    Dude, just get the hell over it. If you've got time to think about anything sexual, you're not rolling hard enough.

    And no, that's not innuendo either.

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO