Our Sponsors:

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 8910 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/10/2013 4:29pm

Style: BJJ/Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I'm going to pull the classic TMA trope. We are talking about the street not a match.

I like the video, but the title lends itself to hyperbole.
    Replace "MMA match" with "street fight" then. I don't recall him saying that you'd win a streetfight by only parrying and head movement. In my opinion he was trying to emphasize what learning head movement can do for you in a street fight. I don't think the point about head movement would've been as sharp if he threw in counter-punching and clenching.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newb1 View Post

B) I could not beat a Judoka with Aikido. I could only beat an Aikidoka with Aikido. I thought that was understook.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/10/2013 4:39pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Dad View Post
    Replace "MMA match" with "street fight" then. I don't recall him saying that you'd win a streetfight by only parrying and head movement.
    I don't recall him saying "this is a way" to win a street fight. Seriously, this is how petty you both are being at this juncture. You more so because of your fixation with "only." At least he backed his reasoning, you are just arguing "only only only."

Semantically speaking, either interpretation is correct.

Posted On:
    8/10/2013 4:52pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't recall him saying "this is a way" to win a street fight. Seriously, this is how petty you both are being at this juncture. You more so because of your fixation with "only." At least he backed his reasoning, you are just arguing "only only only."
    CPF was the one who brought up the issue as if the guy said you can win streetfights with only head movement and used quotation marks as if the guy actually said it vertim. I'm simply asking where he said that.

B) I could not beat a Judoka with Aikido. I could only beat an Aikidoka with Aikido. I thought that was understook.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/10/2013 5:08pm

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    CPF was the one who brought up the issue as if the guy said you can win streetfights with only head movement and used quotation marks as if the guy actually said it vertim. I'm simply asking where he said that.
    Actually, his big argument was about untrained opponents, you switched it to "only."

That's all good and well, but the "It works on an untrained opponent." stance is bullshit.
    That's why I chimed in and asked you about context.

On hiatus

Posted On:
    8/10/2013 5:52pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RurikGreenwulf View Post
    The point is cuntpengfi is shitting on that dude's outstantindg performance yet he can't do better.
    As said before, remove bodyshots and hitting back and an enclosed space (ring) and add untrained dudes, it becomes eh. It was nice head movement at best.

You want outstanding? Here you go:

Last edited by Tranquil Suit; 8/10/2013 5:56pm at .

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Posted On:
    8/10/2013 5:57pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually, his big argument was about untrained opponents, you switched it to "only."
    He brought it up first.

Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    Oh?

His message of
    "I can teach you to win a fight with random people, with head movement alone."

Did you even read the title of the video?
    If you want context, if you look at his youtube channel and his MMA record. You'll see that he's cross-trained and that he's fought on a competitive level. Most of the time, when this site rails on someone who shows a technique that looks like it'll only work on an untrained opponent, the demonstrator is usually someone who comes from a non-alive art or someone who's not used to taking on someone outside of their art. That's why I doubt that he's going to say that head movmeent alone win you a fight.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/10/2013 6:46pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He brought it up first.
    Really? Okay CPF, he doesn't understand that quotations, used without a non-existent quote, denote sarcasm.

If you want context, if you look at his youtube channel and his MMA record. You'll see that he's cross-trained and that he's fought on a competitive level. Most of the time, when this site rails on someone who shows a technique that looks like it'll only work on an untrained opponent, the demonstrator is usually someone who comes from a non-alive art or someone who's not used to taking on someone outside of their art. That's why I doubt that he's going to say that head movmeent alone win you a fight.
    You didn't understand the sarcasm, missed that he ignored your strawman and are stuck on "only." I'll let him explain what you are missing.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 8/10/2013 7:20pm at .

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/10/2013 7:12pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You want outstanding? Here you go:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/10/2013 7:15pm

Style: Injured

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We're talking about the techniques and tactics he's espousing, if you want to make an issue of his character then put it in another thread.
    It's relevant in my opinion.

Yes, the techniques and tactics are fine, nobody questioned them.

What the argument was in the very beginning was that the title was misleading, and that the guy didn't do what he said he would do.

You turned it into something else entirely.

Yes, the guy's integrity and the way he delivered his video are at question, not his technique, because everyone knows ducking and weaving works.

Posted On:
    8/10/2013 8:04pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Once again, I'm asking you, "Is slipping, ducking/weaving, and parrying BS?"
    In that context yes.
    In the grand scheme of things, as i said before "No **** Sherlock."
    If you wanna hang your hat with the guy who says this ****:

How To Fight And Win In 5 Seconds- Learn How To Win Every Fight, Every Time With 3 Moves.

Be my guest!
    I'll be laughing my ass off all night.

My gripe is the test is bullshit, his premise is bullshit and his online video thing reeks of bullshit too.

And did the video title in any way, have the words, "only?"
    It's certainly implied by the video, the "win with" in the title and this:

I did this to prove that the simple head movement techniques that I teach can make random people miss every single punch they might throw in a street fight.
    That he got hit even by those monkeys is hilarious.

So my turn, did you see him in a fight on that video?
    Did those in any way resemble what's been touted as a realistic fight on this site?

I'm LOL that a douchey online learning guy makes a video doing exactly what got Anderson Silva KTFOd, still gets hit by noobs, and people here are going "BRAVO!"

**** i actually checked the date to make sure it wasn't April.

Oh yeah, great vid guys.

(FTR i use ""s to paraphrase and the quote function to quote verbatim.)
    Last edited by ChenPengFi; 8/10/2013 8:08pm at .
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 8910 LastLast