Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/09/2013 5:00pm

Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It appears he teaches, or at least trains, at some sort of MMA facility. I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to replicate this challenge against some trained fighters. I wonder if he'll make a video like that.

What was the point of it? The video shows us that head movement and footwork makes it harder for someone to hit you. It's not like he's dodging or moving in a new way.

Also, I can't 100% trust his videos because I think the underlying goal behind every one of them is to get more hits to his website.

Posted On:
    8/09/2013 5:06pm

Style: BJJ/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So he got clipped, and with gloves that give you a bigger surface to land a hit on someone? So yeah, he was wrong and didn't make them miss 100% of the time, no big deal but he made them miss most of the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newb1 View Post

B) I could not beat a Judoka with Aikido. I could only beat an Aikidoka with Aikido. I thought that was understook.

Posted On:
    8/09/2013 5:17pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinKiK View Post
    It appears he teaches, or at least trains, at some sort of MMA facility. I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to replicate this challenge against some trained fighters. I wonder if he'll make a video like that.
    Is it a question of the guy in the video being able to reproduce that performance, or being able to duck and weave like against trained opponents in general?

B) I could not beat a Judoka with Aikido. I could only beat an Aikidoka with Aikido. I thought that was understook.

Posted On:
    8/09/2013 10:49pm

Style: Humbleness

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    No, i'm saying (again) that this

is bullshit and not at all supported by the video.

He still got hit in the face even though he used more than just head movement, they were wearing gloves and he was taller than most of them.
    He would **** you up I have no doubts about it,

What is your point? He got hit, nobody is perfect but he still used his superior training to evade dozens of punches

He is youtube channel does not say "oh lookz only weabing you needz for STREETZ" no he shows many other things like standing submissions and combinations

Posted On:
    8/10/2013 1:25pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Dad View Post
    So he got clipped, and with gloves that give you a bigger surface to land a hit on someone? So yeah, he was wrong and didn't make them miss 100% of the time, no big deal but he made them miss most of the time.

Gloves make most peoples' punches slower and easier to parry.
    Are you seriously suggesting that you can land more punches with full sized boxing gloves on, than without?

Why not at least use MMA gloves?
    I myself have never seen a streetfight where anyone is using boxing gloves.

Yes he is actually introducing the 'worst' elements of the street vs sport argument; protective equipment and rules.

His opening statement was bullshit, he didn't play "fair" and that "test" is mostly worthless; at best it provides us with a "Well no **** Sherlock."

Mostly i'm just cracking up that the "it works on an untrained opponent" isn't getting more ridicule, and is even being heralded as some valid benchmark all of a sudden.

Seriously, wtf people.

Posted On:
    8/10/2013 2:31pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So it appears our boy Travis has quite an interesting background.
    I'm liking this douchenozzle less and less...

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    8/10/2013 2:36pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RurikGreenwulf View Post
    He would **** you up I have no doubts about it,

What is your point? He got hit, nobody is perfect but he still used his superior training to evade dozens of punches

He is youtube channel does not say "oh lookz only weabing you needz for STREETZ" no he shows many other things like standing submissions and combinations
    I would **** you up no doubts about it. What's my point?

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/10/2013 2:46pm

Style: Injured

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh hey guys look what I found:

He has a website where he teaches fighting through free videos and an "inner circle" or "members only" section where ofcourse you gotta cough up some cash.

http://howtofightnow.com/

Reminds me of Stronglifts5x5, Mehdi (the founder) took a concept that was no BS and worked, then spun a bunch of BS around it to make money.

This guy may be good at slipping punches but he's an asshole.

To imply to beginners that they can learn to slip punches in a real fight by training at home and ****.

Check this out:

http://howtofightnow.com/head-movement-training/

Posted On:
    8/10/2013 3:03pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This appears to be the same person:

(from 2010)
    Travis Roesler may have been educated in the Ivy League but he made a career out of weed, police said yesterday.

Roesler, 27, a former football player for the University of Pennsylvania, a mixed martial artist and Wharton School grad, was arrested Wednesday night after police raided his University City apartment - which doubled as his martial-arts studio - and allegedly found $1.2 million worth of high-grade marijuana.
    Roesler was described as a "one badass dude" and "the master of devastating body blows."
    http://articles.philly.com/2010-05-2...-mma-marijuana

note this from the howtofightnow.com about page:

Soon enough I was referred to as the “master of devastating body blows.”
    http://howtofightnow.com/about/

There is also this:

(from last August)
    Travis Roesler, 29, of Parkway Place in Red Bank, was arrested on August 20 by Ptl. Ian May for Simple Assault. He was released pending a court date.
    http://middletown-nj.patch.com/group...r-august-20-24

and his likely Sherdog profile:
    http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Travis-Roesler-11715

Posted On:
    8/10/2013 3:09pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    Mostly i'm just cracking up that the "it works on an untrained opponent" isn't getting more ridicule, and is even being heralded as some valid benchmark all of a sudden.

Seriously, wtf people.
    It was Holy Moment that brought that up, not the guy in the video. Second, it usually gets ridiculed as a point when the technique/tactic itself is actually BS. It's not as if slipping, ducking, and parrying won't work against a trained opponent. If you want him to do the demonstration again with MMA gloves I'm sure you can ask him in that channel.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast