• Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/04/2013 12:34am

Style: Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In the amount of time it has taken us all to read through this thread, we could each have a BB in TKD. So **** it, just go ahead. It might be good exercise, it might actually fool some asshole admissions officer, so why not?
    "We often joke -- and we really wish it were a joke -- that you will only encounter two basic problems with your 'self-defense' training.
    1) That it doesn't work
    2) That it does work"
    -Animal MacYoung

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/04/2013 12:38am

Style: Standup, Ground-fighting

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You should spend your time becoming a (non-asian) minority instead.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/07/2013 6:10pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OP, stop wasting your time on this thread and do something with your life. Take a deep breath and learn to relax, you'll die at 50 if you continue like that.
    Let me teach you the most important formula you'll ever learn in med school : P=MD. No matter how good you do, you'll still be an overworked, underpaid doctor with more responsibilities you ever wanted. Note that the patients will always show more gratitude to the nurses than to you. Every. Single. Time...
    Also, holy ****! I didn't know getting into an American med school was such a pain.

Posted On:
    8/07/2013 7:24pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ttoto View Post
    Also, holy ****! I didn't know getting into an American med school was such a pain.
    I don't know how much truth their is in this claim but from what I have come to understand until about 2012 the AMA has worked towards keeping the number of new drs low in order to keep saleries high. That trend does now appear to be over.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/07/2013 9:16pm

Style: HS Cuddling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    I don't know how much truth their is in this claim but from what I have come to understand until about 2012 the AMA has worked towards keeping the number of new drs low in order to keep saleries high. That trend does now appear to be over.
    Yeah, I've seen numerous articles on this as well. The main argument is that if there are so many qualified med school graduates, why are there so few doctors? (You can graduate from med school but won't be allowed to practice if the AMA doesn't approve you)

However, there are many POV on this, and some argue that limiting doctors was a thing of the past, especially since people in the military or healthcare (ObamaCare remember?) need more doctors.

http://skeptics.stackexchange.com/qu...ctors-salaries
    http://www.forbes.com/2009/08/25/ame...ha-dalmia.html

Despite the call for more doctors (now), there are going to be some adverse effects. Atm, about 5.9% of US "M.D." don't get into a residency program, which means that they have the M.D. degree, but can't use it or apply to be accepted by the AMA. This article argues that because the residency positions are growing slower than the amount of med students, there will be a surplus of students who will never become doctors.

Since 2001, the number of first year residency positions has increased by 3,000, compared to a whopping increase of 6,500 applicants. The slow growth in residency positions is likely due to a 15 year freeze in Medicare support. The current federal budget problems make lifting the freeze unlikely in the near future.
    http://thechart.blogs.cnn.com/2012/0...er-has-an-m-d/

Posted On:
    8/16/2013 12:25pm

Style: Mostly drinking. E-chaun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    wouldn't participation in a school sport provide more benefit for your application?
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678