Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/31/2013 3:24pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Cardio conditioning and resistance, amigo!

I don't have access to a gym right now so it's all biking, hiking and calethenics. Not necesarilly in that order.

When I had access to weights they were a huge asset. As Scrapper said, strong guys hit harder.
    Yeah I couldn't agree more about the strength comment, but I think it's also equally as important to have a solid core, it's surprising how many strong guys can't properly translate it in to a strike/throw etc because their core lets them down.

Let me ask a slightly differing question, if there was only 1 exercise specifically you could do what would it be?

Mine is Turkish get ups with kettlebells. They literally destroy you

Sent from my HTC One using Bullshido - No BS MMA mobile app

Posted On:
    7/31/2013 4:01pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Barker1989 View Post
    Let me ask a slightly differing question, if there was only 1 exercise specifically you could do what would it be?
    Just one? I'd probably go with the most elaborate style of burpee I could come up with since you can squeze a LOT of different exercises into them by adding movments (and a pullup bar).

They definitely hit your core and you can get your conditioning in as well by ramping up speed and doing reps TILL YOU DIE.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/31/2013 4:25pm

Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just one? I'd probably go with the most elaborate style of burpee I could come up with since you can squeze a LOT of different exercises into them by adding movments (and a pullup bar).

They definitely hit your core and you can get your conditioning in as well by ramping up speed and doing reps TILL YOU DIE.
    Haha yeah the good old burpee, actually a very good exercise and you can literally make it in to multiple exercises in one movement. Didn't think of that one! Although I have to admit I do hate them with a passion they get the job done

Sent from my HTC One using Bullshido - No BS MMA mobile app

Posted On:
    8/01/2013 5:51am

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Squats.
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Posted On:
    8/01/2013 6:32am

Style: Boxing,Kickboxing K1

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lately i'm too busy to go to the weight lifting gym, and i barely scrape a boxing class per week. I am thinking of buying Kattle' cause i have space to lift at my small yard.
    I usually supplement boxing with either running or walking with a weighted backpack and ankle weights on my arms and legs (3 killo on each arm, 1 killo on each leg). I will also do pull ups and deeps. I guess i should add more leg work, and whole body drills, that is where the kattle' can help.
    What routines do you do that translates the most into "fighting power"? I will have a pull up bar, and kattle' at home, and i need a couple of routines that dont last longer than 30-40 minutes and translates best for boxing do to my schedule..

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/01/2013 7:31am

Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    By the way erezb - post of yours from last year:

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=116299

The grapplers circuit - I've modified it to my own needs but I've been using it at least once a week for the last 6 months. It's a good all round workout, after a few sets you are certainly puffing.

I sometimes do more weight/less reps depending on how I feel or do a version using the heaviest Vipr I can lay my hands on. I tend to add a few crunchies/dorsal raises at the end.

Posted On:
    8/01/2013 8:17am

Style: Boxing,Kickboxing K1

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by scipio View Post
    By the way erezb - post of yours from last year:

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=116299

The grapplers circuit - I've modified it to my own needs but I've been using it at least once a week for the last 6 months. It's a good all round workout, after a few sets you are certainly puffing.

I sometimes do more weight/less reps depending on how I feel or do a version using the heaviest Vipr I can lay my hands on. I tend to add a few crunchies/dorsal raises at the end.
    i dont have a bar....ill have only kattl' i guess you can do it with them....true

Posted On:
    8/01/2013 10:40am

Join us... or die
     Style: 剛 and 柔

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One exercise? Power clean with a front squat and maybe some presses and push presses and jerks tossed in if my shoulders could handle it that day. You can even cheat by turning it into a deadlift by adding weight at the end of your sets. Heh..."one exercise"...
    What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Xenophon's Socrates

Posted On:
    8/01/2013 1:59pm

Style: Kettles (MA hiatus).

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I concerntrate on kettle bells outside of ma so strength, I need it for my job and as Scrapper said strength is always good in h2h.

I probably should train more cardio although I prefer filling my spare time with kettles.

And as for one exercise? It's got to be kettle snatches, they're just nasty and no muscles escape!
    "Won't fight me in the ring? Don't fight me on the street."
    Paraphrased from Bullshido.

"You can't judge Martial Arts until you feel the joy of kicking someone in the face and not go to prison for it."
    Mrs Kovacs.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/01/2013 6:33pm

Style: dead lifting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Weight training - bench presses, military presses and Dead lifts.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast