Our Sponsors:

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 67 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/05/2013 8:58am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Barker1989 View Post
    even if someone has shoes on (unless steel toe cap) a shin kick would destroy someone way more than kicking with shoes on - to be honest I'm not sure why most barefoot styles still train round house kicks with feet in stead of shins

moral of the story;

shin kick them in the leg
    I assume you have some proof to back this claim up right??

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/05/2013 9:55am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Proof, seriously are you saying a kick with shoes on is more powerful than a shin kick? I'm talking round house in this instance. Sorry but a kick off someone with conditioned shins is worse than being foot round housed by someone with shoes on. Do you have proof other wise?

Sent from my HTC One using Bullshido - No BS MMA mobile app

Posted On:
    8/05/2013 10:06am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Barker1989 View Post
    Proof, seriously are you saying a kick with shoes on is more powerful than a shin kick? I'm talking round house in this instance. Sorry but a kick off someone with conditioned shins is worse than being foot round housed by someone with shoes on. Do you have proof other wise?

Are you purposely being retarded?? I am saying that if you are going to make an absolute statement like that, you should back it with evidence. Like if I were to say that a shoe kick had more force, I might also say that adding mass to a striking point that is farther from the point of origin in a rotary kick might be the reason. Then I would ask for a rebuttal. But your dumbass statement of "Nuh uh shin kick is stronger" is just fucking retarded. So again I'm asking you to back your statement up.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    8/05/2013 10:50am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I believe you can kick harder with your shin than with your foot because of the hip dynamics involved, but the shin spreads the impact over a wide area. Its like a baseball bat vs a ball peen hammer.

MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    8/05/2013 11:45am

supporting member
     Style: Kung Fu Swordfighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just want to make sure we're all on the same page here - when we're talking about round kicks with shoes, we mean savate-style ones where you hit with the toe of the shoe, not TKD style kicks where you hit with the instep.
    Back in my karate sneaker days, I found the pointed round kick worked best with head kicks, where the angle of your foot made it easier to slip around your opponent's guard.
    The fool thinks himself immortal,
    If he hold back from battle;
    But old age will grant him no truce,
    Even if spears spare him.

Posted On:
    8/05/2013 11:51am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw View Post
    I just want to make sure we're all on the same page here - when we're talking about round kicks with shoes, we mean savate-style ones where you hit with the toe of the shoe, not TKD style kicks where you hit with the instep.
    Back in my karate sneaker days, I found the pointed round kick worked best with head kicks, where the angle of your foot made it easier to slip around your opponent's guard.
    I was thinking ball of the foot myself, I worry about broken toes.

Posted On:
    8/05/2013 11:54am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    I believe you can kick harder with your shin than with your foot because of the hip dynamics involved, but the shin spreads the impact over a wide area. Its like a baseball bat vs a ball peen hammer.
    I was to an extent wondering if the leg has a "sweet spot" like a bat and how the fulcrum effects the best part of the leg to kick with. To me it seems like the shin has more mass, but because of distance from the fulcrum the foot should have more speed. I tried my google-fu to find a study of any kind, but my google sucks.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    8/05/2013 3:03pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Now that I can understand as far as being a retarded stance, however I don't think I have ever sparred anyone TKD or otherwise that has fought from that extreme a stance.
    Why are their feet sideways like that?? Now I will say I have seen my share of bad fighting stances from my TKD days, hell even some UFC fighters seem guilty of it, but never anything close to that.
    lolwut? have you ever watched the olympics? or basically any WTF TKD sparring, ever? why is it that TKD people always go "oh thats retarded ive never seen that before" when olympic style TKD is one of the most widely practiced martial arts in the fucking world?

its like those ninja apologists who say "well at OUR secret ninja lair we dont train like that. ours is special. ive never even seen that" just on a way WAY more bullshit scale.

i tell you what, why dont you find a video of WTF sparring on youtube where they DONT stand in that exaggerated stance.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/05/2013 3:28pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah I suppose it was a stupid comment, I had a lot of coffee today....I usually find I can output more power with a shin kick because of my hip movements, I personally tend to find with foot kicks it's more of a snapping motion, When I shin kick it is more like hitting with a dead weight and I feel I can put more impact through it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/05/2013 3:42pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll also add, this is slightly off topic, but when blocking with the shin the sweet spot is the top of the shin bone, just below the knee where the shin starts, when kicking I tend to always also use the middle/upper shin as it's slightly thicker than the lower shin nearer to the foot

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 67 LastLast