Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Style
    Trad Ju Jitsu
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Golovkin just beat up Martin Murray. He really was the guvnor (boss) all the way through yet Murray is a skilled and brave boxer. Martin was almost too conventional in his jab, shoot a long right, which didn't trouble Golovkin because he comes forward by first posting his front foot and then following up with a hard punch. He is able to do this with either foot so his whole body weight is behind each punch. It allows him to 'press' and so dominate his opponent. Very skilled. I thought Murray should have been pulled out at the end of the 10th round. No boxer needs a brave cornerman.

Re Teddy Atlas. I find him a bit 'wearing'. I've read his autobio and his intention to shoot Donny LaLonde and I just thought, WTF?! His ego was writ large in that and I was turned off him. We're all familiar with his claim that he pulled a gun on a young Mike Tyson for allegedly making a crass pass at Atlas' niece. I rather think Teddy has this 'Hard Man' persona fixed in his Mind and can't let it go.

Anyway, thanks for the post :-)

Style
    Short Fist Boxing
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey Eddie,
    Good to hear from you..
    Personally, I've always thought Teddy Atlas was a bit..off. Psychologically speaking. I don't think he is all there upstairs and wouldn't be surprised if he is heavily medicated
    Teddy Atlas came up hard , that much is true. Probably feels like he needs to act scary to mix in with all the tough guys he works with and has associated with throughout his life.
    Did the Bio tell the story of his facial scar ?
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Style
    Trad Ju Jitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    D'you know, I can't remember. I'll have to dig it out and check it.

I recall, clearly, how he sat on Michael Moorer's stool and asked him if he (Michael) wanted himself (Teddy) to take over from him...FFS, for me Moorer was winning with no trouble but Teddy just couldn't stop himself from Grandstanding. He also called over the Ref at one point, as though to ask him to stop the fight if Moorer didn't raise his game and give more of himself. Absolute bollocks. He's gone down in my estimation ever since.

Cheers

Style
    Short Fist Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://ringtv.craveonline.com/news/3...nroe-jr-in-six

Golovkin chalks up another decisive victory with a 6th round stoppage of Willie Monroe Jr.
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Style
    Kickboxing
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZ View Post
    http://ringtv.craveonline.com/news/3...nroe-jr-in-six

Golovkin chalks up another decisive victory with a 6th round stoppage of Willie Monroe Jr.
    At this point, with such a consistent, solid performance, I'd love to see Golovkin take on Andre Ward.

It'd be two undefeated middleweights with vastly different styles.

...failing that, I'd take Golovkin vs Carl Froch, just as a glorious slugfest.

Style
    Short Fist Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ward is a good matchup, the other name being tossed around at this point is Canelo Alvarez.
    Personally, I don't get the impression Alvarez is in a hurry to get in the ring with Golovkin, and with good reason.
    I think Golovkin would absolutely wreck him inside of four rounds - if he wanted to that is.
    He seems to be extending fights a bit sometimes and could be winning much sooner.

Style
    Trad Ju Jitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Canelo is in a lower division so size would be very much on Golovkin's side. I admire Canelo, he's a very skilled boxer-fighter who evades more punches that people realise. If you were sat far from the ring, you'd think that he was being hit whereas he doesn't get hit that much. He's often just out of punching range and even when he's within punching range he's sufficiently aware to move in and out or side to side, or he just moves his Head out of the way. He was a crushing winner in his last contest.

For Golovkin, he really is one to watch. I can't recall him being forced backwards and he would be a great test for Andre Ward and Carl Froch (which would be a thriller). Alternatively, Chavez junior, would be slam-bang and I'd go with Golovkin.

Style
    Short Fist Boxing
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Golovkin is set to take on Montreal fighter David Lemieux tomorrow evening at MSG.
    http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/10/1...nd-predictions
    Lemieux is the hardest puncher and most aggressive boxer Golovkin has yet to face, he represents the biggest test yet for the Kazakhstanian fighter.
    This will be a fun one to watch. I've already ordered the PPV.
    There is a small chance there will be an upset due to Lemieux's power, but I am still going with Gennady Golovkin on this one - TKO in 6.

Style
    Bujutsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    His training video shows tight footwork, and tight cicular puncing techniques, and it shows when he fights. He doesn't look all that muscley, but gets plenty of body weight behind his strikes.

Style
    Trad Ju Jitsu
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've just seen it here on BoxNation. Personally, I thought GGG would stop Lemieux about Round 7 or 8 but only because of GGG's superior boxing skills and Lemieux relies too much on his pure power in KO'ing opponents. Don't take my 'prediction' too seriously cos it's easy with hindsight. It was just my guess and no more; if it had ended in the 1st R, I'd have been wrong soooo, I was fairly open-minded and just watched the bout unfold. Golovkin dominated by adhering to a boxing strategy and that wore down Lemiuex. David is one hell of a puncher and very fast but he does have favoured combinations that show themselves. When GGG dug that Micky Ward left into the floating ribs, I didn't envy Lemieux; that would have finished most. He's a tough man and proud and wanted to make his mark and he eventually did.

All in all, a sound boxing exposition by Golovkin but Lemieux can re-build even after he gets his likely broken nose fixed. A great match-up and we should be grateful that they agreed to meet each other and so help to unify the division. Bernard Hopkins said as much before the bout and he was correct.

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last