5/15/2015 10:08pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Serious crackdown on PEDS in MMA

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/5/15...gram-topped-by

The new guidelines are as follows:

Tier 1: Sedatives, Muscle relaxants, Sleep aids, Anxiolytics, Opiates, Cannabis

1st offense: 18-month suspension, fine of 30-40% of fighter's purse
    2nd offense: 24-month suspension, fine of 40-50% of fighter's purse
    3rd offense: 36-month suspension, fine of 60-75% of fighter's purse
    4th offense: Lifetime suspension, fine of 100% of fighter's purse
    Tier 2: Diuretics being used to cut weight

1st offense: 24-month suspension, fine of 30-40% of fighter's purse
    2nd offense: 36-month suspension, fine of 40-60% of fighter's purse
    3rd offense: Lifetime suspension, fine of 100% of fighter's purse
    Tier 3: Stimulants (Amphetamines, Cocaine, Etc.)

1st offense: 24-month suspension, fine of 35-45% of fighter's purse
    2nd offense: 36-month suspension, fine of 50-60% of fighter's purse
    Tier 4: Anabolic steroids (includes Testosterone, HGH)

1st offense: 36-month suspension, fine of 50-75% of fighter's purse
    2nd offense: 48-month suspension, fine of 75-100% of fighter's purse
    Tier 5: Avoiding testing/detection/urine sample not of human origin or not of tested athletes, Adulterants, Drugs (including diuretics) used as masking agents

1st offense: 48-month suspension, fine of 75% of fighter's purse
    2nd offense: Lifetime suspension, fine of 100% of fighter's purse
    Some serious consequences for getting popped you think this will cut down on use or just force them to be extra diligent about not being caught?
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Posted On:
    5/15/2015 10:52pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What if they have a prescription for that tier one stuff?

Sleep aids? Pain killers?

Sprains and breaks are an occupational hazard and they're going to outright ban painkillers?

Lightweight

Posted On:
    5/15/2015 11:29pm

supporting member
     Style: Se-Jong TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    What if they have a prescription for that tier one stuff?

Sleep aids? Pain killers?

Sprains and breaks are an occupational hazard and they're going to outright ban painkillers?
    From the article
    Quote Originally Posted by http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/5/15/8612745/nevada-athletic-commission-massively-overhauls-drug-program-topped-by
    Among the new provisions to the rules, the NAC voted to shift both diuretics and stimulants from the ‘in-competition' prohibited list to the always prohibited list.
    The most controversial of the NAC's changes will ultimately be the commission's doubling-down on punishment for Tier 1 recreational drug use, most particularly marijuana. Legislation to outright legalize marijuana remains steadily increasing throughout the United States, and indeed a majority of states presently allow marijuana for medicinal purposes. Because of the drug's abnormally lengthy staying power, it remains difficult to discern whether a fighter used marijuana out-of-competition or within the two-week in-competition window, which may -- and probably will -- lead to a situation in which a fighter with no prior offenses is suspended for a year-and-a-half for out-of-competition marijuana use that was theoretically legal.
    I'm interpreting that to mean prescribed painkillers are only banned "in competition", while stimulants, dueretics, steroids, etc. are outright banned.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/16/2015 1:40am

Style: MARS, Shooto

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's about time, I hope to see CSAC follow suit with similar guidelines. Cheating needs to be a poorer risk vs. reward proposition in order to discourage juicing.

It'd be nice if MMJ got taken off the list, but until it does fighters know the score and need to abstain once we reach the professional ranks. I'd like to add a caveat for in-between fights, but I'm willing to bet they start extending out of competition testing to drugs of abuse as well.

Posted On:
    5/16/2015 11:50am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not even sure why they care about MJ. Beyond resolving muscle cramps and stress relief I don't think there's a singl !effect that would be productive or beneficial to a fighter.
    The rest ot them kind of suck in terms of performance enhancement. Sedative, appetite stimulant, potential testosterone inhibitor, demotivational.
    Oh well. It's not my house so whatever...

Posted On:
    5/16/2015 1:37pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not even sure why they care about MJ. Beyond resolving muscle cramps and stress relief I don't think there's a singl !effect that would be productive or beneficial to a fighter.
    The rest ot them kind of suck in terms of performance enhancement. Sedative, appetite stimulant, potential testosterone inhibitor, demotivational.
    Oh well. It's not my house so whatever...
    On MJ, I would imagine that you can take some bigger hits while high one it. Any sedative can be used to make you relaxed where you can take hits. Like how a drunk can fall down a flight of stairs and be ok.
    I have seen enough grapplers compete while high as **** to know that it isn't necessarily going to stunt your ability to perform.
    Interesting study came out recently that being high on MJ did not increase risk of car accidents.
    So all and all I guess it doesn't really blunt your reflexes.
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.

Posted On:
    5/16/2015 2:20pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There is an anelgesic affect but it doesn't come!anywhere near the level of the actual narcotics on the list. Getting puched while stoned still hurts. Unlike alcohol where enough gets in you and you might not even notice someone punched you.
    In any case someone with enough discipline to train for the UFC ought to have enough discipline to not toke for two months.
    I just find it odd when herb is lumped in with much stronger intoxicants. Like sports are going to wind up dominated by the Diaz brothers or something.

Posted On:
    5/16/2015 2:58pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There is an anelgesic affect but it doesn't come!anywhere near the level of the actual narcotics on the list.
    The question is, is the aelgesic affect enough to be considered performance enhancing?
    Not is it as strong as others.
    Now that being said I would say most likely not.
    Of course to be honest with you I think we should throw all of this PEDs nonsense right out.
    Just accept them as a part of modern day sports medicine and move the **** on.

Posted On:
    5/16/2015 3:05pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The performance enhancing effect likely comes by way of mitigating anxiety.

Posted On:
    5/16/2015 3:15pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    The performance enhancing effect likely comes by way of mitigating anxiety.
    Now that is a very good point, **** I know I would certainly strongly consider taking something if I knew it would prevent an adrenaline dump. That is for stupid low level doesn't matter competition. Of course I would weigh it against long and short term negative effects on my health.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast