Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 11121314 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/07/2013 3:32pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's obvious that mangling or striking the groin can cause a great deal of damage and pain. That's common knowledge. The problems start when the RBSD crowd and women's self-defense community starts professing it (Along with eye gouging) as the be-all-end-all of H2H combat.

I've met untrained people who think they can win any fight with a simple shot to the schmeckle. Reality sets in when they get in a fight and realize all at once a series of unfortunate truths:

1. Adrenaline sucks

2. Getting punched in the face sucks

3. There's a strong propensity for intended nut kicks to graze harmlessly across your opponent's inner thigh

4. A nut shot, surprisingly, oftentimes isn't a one-hit KO. People can take pain

5. People can also hit you in the nuts back, and doing so to them might serve as an inspiration

For a good example of some well executed groin attacks, watch Igor Vovchanchyn brutalize this obese black man:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/07/2013 3:39pm

Style: Kickboxing/MuaiThai (new)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've seen people take nut shots and walk away like it was nothing. (one guy I know caught a tennis ball square in the junk; ball tag. Apparently he got the wrong ball) It didn't affect him any more than winding him some.

I've seen another guy get clobbered by a soccer ball. He dropped to the ground instantly completely winded.

I've never seen this in a fight personally with my own eyes; though I think the affects with adrenaline may not make it as useful. A lot of the 'accidental' hits I see in media fights, the fighter doesn't look like he's been hit until he is able to confirm the fight has been stopped; then he doubles over.

I would seriously consider putting this along the same lines as a broken finger or toe. It can be ignored; it's just not pleasant.

And I'd say there's a HUGE difference between a right hook to the nuts and just grabbing whatever you can manage and squeezing.
    Last edited by Ignoscant; 8/07/2013 3:43pm at .

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    8/07/2013 5:49pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wish Mtripp were still here to give his take on this stuff.

Posted On:
    8/09/2013 10:58am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Releases #1:
    "FROM A WRIST HOLD (ONE HAND)
    You are seized by the right wrist, as in Fig. 15. Bend your wrist and arm
    towards your body, twisting your wrist outwards against your opponent's
    thumb (Fig. 16).
    Note A. - This must be accomplished with one rapid and continuous motion.
    Note B. - No matter with which hand your opponent seizes either of your wrists, the
    important thing to remember is to twist your wrist against his thumb."

This is a fairly common release method, attempting to fight against the thumb rather than the four fingers. It seems odd that he only showed a same side defense rather than same side and cross body, but the principle can be applied either way. Also the way he's demonstrating it is only one possible way of working against the thumb, using a karate outward block type of motion. If you break the grip to the other side (still against the thumb) you can set up the chop he likes so much. For short-term combat training it would also make sense to note that with one wrist being controlled, you could strike them with your other hand.

Posted On:
    8/09/2013 11:43am

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've seen a lot of training that involves hitting backwards into the nuts rather than upwards into them. I've rarely seen the former used to great effect. The latter, however, it it hits the mark, can be effective either as a strike (uppercut or, say, upwards shin-kick that crunches the balls between the striker's shin and the receiver's pelvis), or as a grab.

EDIT: on the subject of grabs, if you're ejecting combative douchebag from your workplace via kata-guruma, using the nard-grabbing hand and arm to do most of your lifting can elicit some interesting sounds from the subject in question. It might possibly be that some gentlemen don't like to be hoisted overhead by their nuts...?
    Last edited by Vieux Normand; 8/09/2013 11:47am at .

Posted On:
    8/22/2013 6:01pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So this thread's kinda petered out, which is kind of a shame because we're just getting into some of the stuff more interesting than "knee that kraut bastard in the bollocks". And honestly I don't really want to go through each release point by point when so many of them are "grab testicles, chin jab, knee testicles). So, let's jump to some of the more interesting stuff:

Back Breaker:

"1. Approach your opponent from his left-hand side, bend your legs slightly,
    reach down, and seize him by passing your right arm over .his chest and your
    left arm under his legs, just behind the knee, as in Fig. 69.

2. Lift him up, mainly by straightening your legs, as in weight lifting, to
    approximately the height of your chest, as in Fig. 70.

3. Take a short pace forward with your right foot, bending your right leg so that
    the upper part (thigh) is approximately parallel to the ground. With all the strength of your arms, assisted by the forward movement of the upper part of
    your body, smash him down on your right knee and break his spine (Fig. 71)

Note. - If you carry out these directions correctly, you will be surprised how easily you can lift
    a man much heavier than yourself. You are partially aided by the fact that your opponent will instinctively try to save himself by clutching hold of you with one or both hands. Provided that you use the weight of your body in your downward smash, he cannot prevent you from breaking his spine"

Ah, the back breaker. How likely would you say this is to apply against a resisting combatant, and how likely would it actually break the spine? I've seen a few videos of spinal injuries from slams (they're gruesome, like that poor 15 year old paralyzed)) but they're generally caused by the head rolling underneath a collapsing body, either towards the sternum or spine. These seem more feasible to cause intentionally, since they target the cervical vertebra which are smaller, more mobile and more easily injured. But I'm willing to accept that you could wreck someone's spine by dropping them on it intentionally. Can the knee support the weight of a dropping man, or are you going to end up damaging your own leg when it can't support the weight? Isn't there less chance of total paralysis the lower down the spinal column you go?

Let's keep this going so we can get to knocking a man out with a matchbox and attaching a prisoner to a tree by making them grapevine it.
    Last edited by Permalost; 8/22/2013 6:07pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/22/2013 8:22pm

Style: Jujitsu Aikido Bodycombat

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Once you've got him as far as position Fig. 70 it looks like it would be easier just to spike him on top of his head rather than maneuver him so his back ends up across your knee.

Posted On:
    8/22/2013 8:45pm

Style: Humbleness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post

or you could just carry the dude to your base and take him prisoner

Posted On:
    8/22/2013 9:58pm

Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You are throwing a hundred kilo guy on to your knee.

Sounds risky. And you cant yell Suplex.

Oh and we recently had a guy who was punched in the dick. Did not end well for the guy who did that.
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

Posted On:
    8/22/2013 10:29pm

Style: BJJ, MMA, JJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    So this thread's kinda petered out, which is kind of a shame because we're just getting into some of the stuff more interesting than "knee that kraut bastard in the bollocks". And honestly I don't really want to go through each release point by point when so many of them are "grab testicles, chin jab, knee testicles). So, let's jump to some of the more interesting stuff:

Back Breaker:

"1. Approach your opponent from his left-hand side, bend your legs slightly,
    reach down, and seize him by passing your right arm over .his chest and your
    left arm under his legs, just behind the knee, as in Fig. 69.

2. Lift him up, mainly by straightening your legs, as in weight lifting, to
    approximately the height of your chest, as in Fig. 70.

3. Take a short pace forward with your right foot, bending your right leg so that
    the upper part (thigh) is approximately parallel to the ground. With all the strength of your arms, assisted by the forward movement of the upper part of
    your body, smash him down on your right knee and break his spine (Fig. 71)

Note. - If you carry out these directions correctly, you will be surprised how easily you can lift
    a man much heavier than yourself. You are partially aided by the fact that your opponent will instinctively try to save himself by clutching hold of you with one or both hands. Provided that you use the weight of your body in your downward smash, he cannot prevent you from breaking his spine"

Ah, the back breaker. How likely would you say this is to apply against a resisting combatant, and how likely would it actually break the spine? I've seen a few videos of spinal injuries from slams (they're gruesome, like that poor 15 year old paralyzed)) but they're generally caused by the head rolling underneath a collapsing body, either towards the sternum or spine. These seem more feasible to cause intentionally, since they target the cervical vertebra which are smaller, more mobile and more easily injured. But I'm willing to accept that you could wreck someone's spine by dropping them on it intentionally. Can the knee support the weight of a dropping man, or are you going to end up damaging your own leg when it can't support the weight? Isn't there less chance of total paralysis the lower down the spinal column you go?

Let's keep this going so we can get to knocking a man out with a matchbox and attaching a prisoner to a tree by making them grapevine it.
    I learnt something similar to this, albeit the kawaishi sukui nage where you put the arm across the back instead of the chest (the one used by General Fujita to kill Akutagawa Sensei in Jet Li's Fist of Legend).*

I can imagine it would generate enough force to do some damage to the back, although I would be sceptical of its ability to reliably break the spine. And that's assuming that they don't man hug you in a panic, which would nullify alot of the power of the throw.

*Edit: Worth noting that utilising more of a swing motion with a small step to the side (in the direction their feet are pointing) it is, in fact, quite easy to throw someone much larger.
    Last edited by cualltaigh; 8/22/2013 10:33pm at .
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 11121314 LastLast