Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

Style
    Boxing
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu VS Grappling

Everyone knows that when it comes to Brazilian jiu-jitsu training there is a point at practice in which you´ll be introduced to grappling, which is basically the same as jiu-jitsu except that there is a few different rules and a few different movements that you are either allowed or not allowed to do.

But when it comes to the question: what is actually more efficient? BJJ or Grappling? On the BJJ site we got guys wearing gis and guys doing really effective but hard techniques with their gis. Some people argue that in an actual fight you`re not gonna be able to do grip techniques with a gi. As we know grappling is practiced without a gi and probably a shirt and some shorts and you`re good to go.

What do you guys think is pos effective at actual combat?

Style
    Rehab(Back Surgery)
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    **** dude, stop making stupid threads and use the search function.

MMA Combat Sports ------------> YMAS

Grappling is grappling. In a gi, out of a gi, standing, sitting, laying down. It's all grappling ... and Japanese JJ is very much different from BJJ.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    BJJ, FMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What in the **** are you smoking? BJJ is a system of grappling. That teaches both GI & noGi methods.
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Style
    judo hiatus
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ProBoxSupplies View Post
    I suck.
    agreed

Style
    Wrestling
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Penis.
    Dan Severn loves raping people.

Style
    Rehab(Back Surgery)
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    Penis.
    Yes sir indeed. Very much so.
    *nods*
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    Judo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Everyone knows that when it comes to Brazilian jiu-jitsu training there is a point at practice in which you´ll be introduced to grappling,
    I did not know that.

whichasically the same as jiu-jitsu except that there is a few different rules and a few different movements that you are either allowed or not allowed to do.
    And my wife looks basically like Gisele Bundchen, except her face is different, and she has a completely different body type.

But when it comes to the question: what is actually more efficient? BJJ or Grappling?
    OK, I give up...TELL ME....I MIST KNOW! And then, please tell us all which is more wet, rain, or water?

On the BJJ site we got guys wearing gis and guys doing really effective but hard techniques with their gis.
    Imagine that...fascinating! Which BJJ site? Oh, THE BJJ site. Sorry, I got confused and thought there may be more than one.
    Someple argue that in an actual fight you`re not gonna be able to do grip techniques with a gi.
    Those people are idiots.
    As we know grappling is practiced without a gi
    HOLY SHEEPSHIT, we better tell the judo, sambo, and BJJ guys!
    and probably a shirt and some shorts and you`re good to go.
    OR a singlet, or naked (possibly covered in oil... don't judge me. You don't know my life!)

Aikido, Kung Fu, ninjitsu, tae Kwon do, capoeria and Krav Maga. Sports get no respect around here. If you are training in any style that is safe enough to practice at full speed and power, everyone knows that style will get you killed on the street.

Style
    BJJ+Sanda
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Everyone knows that when it comes to Brazilian jiu-jitsu training there is a point at practice in which you´ll be introduced to grappling, which is basically the same as jiu-jitsu except that there is a few different rules and a few different movements that you are either allowed or not allowed to do.

But when it comes to the question: what is actually more efficient? BJJ or Grappling? On the BJJ site we got guys wearing gis and guys doing really effective but hard techniques with their gis. Some people argue that in an actual fight you`re not gonna be able to do grip techniques with a gi. As we know grappling is practiced without a gi and probably a shirt and some shorts and you`re good to go.

Three strikes, and you're a fucking retard.
    "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.

Style
    Muay Thai/Wrestling
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You guys are being WAAAAAYYYYY to harsh on the OP!

I totally heard somewhere that when people learned BJJ they are eventually introduced to grappling. Totally.

It's like an open secret you know!

Style
    Rehab(Back Surgery)
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I considered English as a second language when he first posted earlier in the month... just wanted to toss that out there.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last