Sponsored Links Spacer Image

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    7/27/2013 3:22pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Stop making videos when you're tired!

Jitzchick's latest had a video of some questionable guy, and he had a youtube video of his ne waza. I don't want to comment on the vid itself, but its caption. He said they decided to make a video after a very long workout. Over the years on Bullshido, I've learned that this usually means that they want an easy out if someone criticizes their technique ("Yeah I know it isn't great- I'm usually waaay better but I was SO TIRED because we just workout SO HARDCORE, and we just threw it together as an afterthought, and there was something in my eye, and my knee was injured cause I just finished a street fight against a bunch of gangsters, and...). This seems like a pretty common fallback when someone asks "critique my bagwork/competition/rolling/whatever" too.

If you're tired and your technique sucks, maybe you shouldn't be uploading it at all. Especially when your channel doesn't have examples of you doing well while fresh. If you need a bunch of qualifiers and excuses for why you're not better, take your camera to your gym another time.

Now get off my lawn you damn whippersnappers!

You have to work the look.

Posted On:
    7/27/2013 5:37pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is a pet hate of mine as well. Seriously, who the **** do they think they are fooling?

I'll tell you who they are fooling - they are fooling themselves. God I hate those guys.

Posted On:
    7/29/2013 10:53am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Self Taught

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The amount of confidence it takes to upload a video of yourself in a competition for all the world to see is worth commending, even if their actual skill is not. Honestly, as long as they aren't trying to convince me that they can do magic, I'll watch their videos and try to learn, even if only a little.

You have to work the look.

Posted On:
    7/29/2013 10:54am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That is a different thing.

Posted On:
    7/29/2013 11:59am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oriphiel View Post
    The amount of confidence it takes to upload a video of yourself in a competition for all the world to see is worth commending, even if their actual skill is not.
    The amount of confidence it takes to say "yeah, I did poorly" or "my opponent was better" is even greater. A good martial artist should be able to be objective and/or laugh at themselves.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    7/29/2013 12:04pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The amount of confidence it takes to upload a video of yourself in a competition for all the world to see is worth commending, even if their actual skill is not. Honestly, as long as they aren't trying to convince me that they can do magic, I'll watch their videos and try to learn, even if only a little.
    Sorry if I'm not automatically impressed just because somebody had the "courage" to upload a video of themselves being crappy at something.

I'm just not. Just like I'm not impressed by some douchebag who thinks he can play Eruption.

Posted On:
    7/29/2013 12:08pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I might believe this more if it were not for the fact that douchebags upload vids to Internet every fucking second of every fucking day. Jesus it's a god damn pastime here in the states.

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    7/29/2013 12:16pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Sorry if I'm not automatically impressed just because somebody had the "courage" to upload a video of themselves being crappy at something.

I'm just not. Just like I'm not impressed by some douchebag who thinks he can play Eruption.
    This all day.

On the other hand, I'm quite impressed by the courage of the guy who films himself unpacking a FedEx package, followed by "yeaah, check out my new Fleshlight". I mean damn... why?

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Posted On:
    7/29/2013 12:16pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Just like I'm not impressed by some douchebag who thinks he can play Eruption.
    Lol yeah i kno but my fingers were raw from shredding so much before I turned my camera on, and I was a little distracted cause a groupie was sucking my cock under the table while playing and I was still jacked on an eight ball and my long poofy hair kept getting in my eyes cause I forgot my Brett Michaels bandana.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    7/29/2013 5:28pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

It's my day off, I'm not even going to bother to shower or comb my hair.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast