Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Middleweight

Posted On:
    8/14/2013 9:18pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So I had a friend of mine that was wanting to train martial arts and she called me up one day and told me she had joined an amazing gym that offered everything that she wanted. I asked her the name of the gym so I could do some investigating for her and was smacked in the face with about every red flag you could think of on that site. I decided to call and find out more information that way and, like CombatYoga has already pointed out, I was fed a stream of buzz words(BJJ catch wrestling combat science) and name drops(Alliance Jiu Jitsu affiliate). He then asked if I had trained and I said that I hopped about from school to school and he said that was unacceptable and he only wants dedicated students and no gym hoppers. I asked more about his(Charles) qualifications and he said that all the information I was asking about was found on the website and then he promptly hung up on me and refused to answer his phone or call me back
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceLost View Post
    Actually, I don't do it because I don't want people to be scammed - I do it because I enjoy kicking down the doors of Lies and Deceit and then forcibly fucking Fraud with the dildo of Truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I don't care if they gave it to him because, he tickles butterfly butt-holes while wearing a pink frock.

Registered Member

New Braunfels, Texas by way of Long Island

Posted On:
    8/21/2013 6:50pm

supporting member
     Style: DT Instructor

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm in New Braunfels. I'm off all day tomorrow. I'll call them up and tell them that I'm interested in getting back in to Jiu Jitsu. We'll see where it goes from there.

Registered Member

New Braunfels, Texas by way of Long Island

Posted On:
    8/22/2013 5:19pm

supporting member
     Style: DT Instructor

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So far, nothing but the answering machine. In all fairness, the pics on their site seem to show that most are wearing Judo/JJJ style kimonos. There is one pic with a woman in a pink Fuji gi, but that doesn't mean anything. I bought my daughter a pink Fuji gi when she was taking Danzan Ryu because the only available pink gi was in BJJ style.

I've seen no claims to BJJ rank. But, I'll keep calling until I get somebody on the line.

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/03/2013 9:00am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I plan on stopping by there this week and taking a class. I too have called and get nothing but the answering machine.
    Head of BJJ Investigations

p.s. I don't have access to the forums from my workplace, so if you have questions please email me directly, georgettejitsu at gmail.com

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/11/2013 4:58am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I didn't stop by, I wanted to reach a live human being on the phone first and now I'm out of town till next Wednesday. Guess I have to get over that wish and just show up cold.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Bullshido - No BS MMA mobile app
    Head of BJJ Investigations

p.s. I don't have access to the forums from my workplace, so if you have questions please email me directly, georgettejitsu at gmail.com

Posted On:
    4/09/2014 4:17pm

Style: boxing, gjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I drove by this place last week and it appears to have closed, or moved.
    Quote Originally Posted by SifuAbel View Post
    I feel like my ear is half torn off.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12