He'd need a satba for that:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/25/2013 3:35pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    The last two posts are why you need to investigate yourself Barker. Notice, he didn't see that you are living in ENGLAND.
    Yeah sorry guys I'm based in England I should have said this earlier, the main reason for my post was to get some views on the differing Korean martial arts. There don't seem to be that many variations in the UK apart from TKD, also the style doesn't have to be korean. I have done muay Thai mostly in the past. It I have always been curious about other full contact martial arts that are out there. At the minute my main focus is BJJ so I was wondering really if there were other full contact MA'S I could try that would be good for my standup just to mix it up a little, like karate or wing chun, Chinese boxing etc.

Sent from my HTC One using Bullshido - No BS MMA mobile app

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/26/2013 1:10pm

Style: grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm really confused now.

So you're not interested in Korean MA exclusively? Then there's a whole range of "alive" arts. But if you're only interested in Korean MA, your options are extremely limited.

Are you just looking for style suggestions? Let's regurgitate: Judo, BJJ, Muay Thai, Sombo, Kyokushin, Boxing and of course MMA.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/26/2013 1:28pm

Style: Taekwondo/Eskrima

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Barker1989 View Post
    Yeah sorry guys I'm based in England I should have said this earlier, the main reason for my post was to get some views on the differing Korean martial arts. There don't seem to be that many variations in the UK apart from TKD, also the style doesn't have to be korean. I have done muay Thai mostly in the past. It I have always been curious about other full contact martial arts that are out there. At the minute my main focus is BJJ so I was wondering really if there were other full contact MA'S I could try that would be good for my standup just to mix it up a little, like karate or wing chun, Chinese boxing etc.

Yep I forgot to notice you live in England.
    Well if you are just interested ins tyles why did you post in the Korean Martial arts section asking exclusively for Korean martial arts? Anyway what did you think of the Gongkwon Yusool video? If you do BJJ you would fit in well with that. There are some european gyms that train GKYS so look it up, could be one in the UK somewhere who knows.

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/26/2013 1:32pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Barker1989 View Post
    Unless you can train at an Alan orr school or Kamon Wing chun just stay away from that style. If you see a kung fu school that teaches Sanda, Sanshou or competes in LeiTai train at those schools.

Unless you have a few year into BJJ, leave the cross training alone for now.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/28/2013 11:17am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for all the Input it is appreciated, the reason I initially posted in the KMA section is because I know less about that than other MA's so just wanted to ask you guys for more Info, yeah I did like the look of the gonkwon, sadly there doesn't appear to be any clubs near me.

Also the reason I want to cross train is because I have been doing muay Thai more recently and just want to maintain my striking ability. In regards to the sanshou I found a school near me - salahmartialarts.co.uk not sure how legit it is though, I think I'll check it out this week!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12