7/26/2013 3:20am

supporting member
     Style: Staying Alive

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RurikGreenwulf View Post
    THIS CHUNZ IS SO HD

YOU CAN PROTECTS YOURSELF FROM 2 BALD FAT DUDES WITH KNIVES

Lol, these look exactly like the attacks I reharsed when doing Aikido, including baldness. Nuff said!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/26/2013 5:32am

Style: Kali

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RurikGreenwulf View Post
    THIS CHUNZ IS SO HD

YOU CAN PROTECTS YOURSELF FROM 2 BALD FAT DUDES WITH KNIVES

the opening reminded me of

Middleweight

Posted On:
    7/26/2013 8:30am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ+Sanda

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wait a minute, what about risk/reward? You take the fight to the ground in the "average" bar, the fight gets broken up. Fine. You stay standing... well, probably no big deal, it's relatively civilized people making bad decisions, unlikely that a multiple opponent weilding weapons made of AIDSlava will materialize. Take the fight to the ground in the outlier bar... every swinging dick tries to put out the fire on your forehead, because, hey, somebody needs stomping! Unless you know you're in the average bar, seems like you're increasing the worst case scenario.
    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.

Posted On:
    7/26/2013 10:02am

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So...I can show up for work, do absolutely nothing in full confidence that any fight I see will resolve itself via bystander intervention, collect my cheque and go home?

Fuckyeah!!! Oh, wait...

"...one-third of these types of fights...sixty-five percent of those types of fights...are broken up by bystanders..."

**** and damn.

Posted On:
    7/26/2013 12:46pm

Style: Humbleness

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieux Normand View Post
    So...I can show up for work, do absolutely nothing in full confidence that any fight I see will resolve itself via bystander intervention, collect my cheque and go home?

Fuckyeah!!! Oh, wait...

"...one-third of these types of fights...sixty-five percent of those types of fights...are broken up by bystanders..."

**** and damn.

Brazilian accent: 99% of fights go to the ground, gracie jiu jitsu is the only self defense system that SISTEMATICALLY adresses groundfighting, train gracie Jiu jitsu and you will be able to inmediatly take da fight to the ground where it rightfully belongs

My dog is cuter and smarter than yours.

Posted On:
    7/26/2013 1:48pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kodokan Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    LOL. They do one study, in one type of environment, try to control for levels of intoxication....how could anyone argue with their assertion that the bystander effect is less common today than years ago?
    Judo is best and I have one anecdote that proves it!

After training one evening in the lovely city of Pocatello, ID, several of us went to a local bar/restaurant for a few beers and I think it was Rib night or something...a lot of cheap food and beer night in any case.

As we sat at our large booth next to a partition between us and a lower area of the bar where the pool tables were located (about a 3-4 foot drop), a young guy at another table "bowed up" to an older man (haha now I'm that old or almost !). It started out softly, but our keen judo senses (honed from years of having to listen to referees yell unintelligible commands in noisy venues for judo contests) detected potential trouble. Cooler heads tried to intervene, telling the young pup to chill out, that the older guy would kill him in a fight (older guy was just sitting there smiling, a BAD sign).

Young stud stood up, old guys stood up with the rest of the table, and all of us highly trained veteran black belts immediately bailed out over partition, executing perfect zempo kaiten ukemi waza then headed for the emergency exit uninjured.

Bouncers broke it up before we were out the door, so we returned to our booth none the worse for wear and enjoyed a great meal and lots of cold beer. All for a good price, just like Judo training.

The end.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

Middleweight

Posted On:
    7/26/2013 2:25pm

supporting member
     Style: being less stupid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you would allow me the honor of doing the write-up, I know just the journal in which we could have this revealing research published. Regardless of you who designate to author this piece, this invaluable scientific data should be brought to the public eye with haste, even if it means hiring a shitty magazine writer to do the job!
    Start a training log!

Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/26/2013 7:10pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Judo is best and I have one anecdote that proves it!

After training one evening in the lovely city of Pocatello, ID, several of us went to a local bar/restaurant for a few beers and I think it was Rib night or something...a lot of cheap food and beer night in any case.

As we sat at our large booth next to a partition between us and a lower area of the bar where the pool tables were located (about a 3-4 foot drop), a young guy at another table "bowed up" to an older man (haha now I'm that old or almost !). It started out softly, but our keen judo senses (honed from years of having to listen to referees yell unintelligible commands in noisy venues for judo contests) detected potential trouble. Cooler heads tried to intervene, telling the young pup to chill out, that the older guy would kill him in a fight (older guy was just sitting there smiling, a BAD sign).

Young stud stood up, old guys stood up with the rest of the table, and all of us highly trained veteran black belts immediately bailed out over partition, executing perfect zempo kaiten ukemi waza then headed for the emergency exit uninjured.

Bouncers broke it up before we were out the door, so we returned to our booth none the worse for wear and enjoyed a great meal and lots of cold beer. All for a good price, just like Judo training.

The end.
    Should've stayed and watched the show. I love sitting back and getting free entertainment with my meal and beers.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/26/2013 7:19pm

Style: HEMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    LOL. They do one study, in one type of environment, try to control for levels of intoxication....how could anyone argue with their assertion that the bystander effect is less common today than years ago?
    From the article:

The researchers examined data from 860 relevant incidents from the 1,057 incidents of violence recorded in a 2004 survey of bar violence in Toronto. For the survey, 148 trained observers collected data over 1,334 nights at 118 Toronto bars with a capacity of more than 300 people. Each observer was screened for observational skills and had 25 hours of training to classify violence that included practice sessions in bars.
    The study itself looks a lot better than some published studies I can think of, though I'll still say 'need more studies for verification' since I'm not quite sure about their explanation of the reasons behind the results.

Of course, I haven't seen the paper itself so I am probably practicing Bullshido at the moment.

My dog is cuter and smarter than yours.

Posted On:
    7/26/2013 7:19pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kodokan Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by catfishaggie View Post
    Should've stayed and watched the show. I love sitting back and getting free entertainment with my meal and beers.
    And when the bullets start to fly? No thanks! I suggest you take up Judo...I mean,
    ALL of Judo.
    Falling for Judo since 1980
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast