Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/24/2013 2:47pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Online S+C programming

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone here has had any experience with anyone that offers a bespoke strength and conditioning service? For example after an initial consultation they design a program for you based on your goals/sport that's a 1 month, 2 month or 3 month cycle.

Thanks!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/24/2013 9:42pm

Style: Injured

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I haven't had any online consultations because I'm poor.

But if I were to suddenly get rich, I've only heard and seen the best from 3DMJ:

www.3dmusclejourney.com

One of the coaches there is Eric Helms, there's some good stuff on Youtube on him, might want to check it out.

They (3DMJ) coach Bryce Lewis, too, who's one of the best lifters I've ever seen.

I know this is not much but it's all I got, good luck, man.

Posted On:
    7/25/2013 6:14pm

Style: Does exercise count?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've only fairly recently started following the 3DMJ folks a bit and I have to say I'm generally impressed what I've seen so far. I'm sure I could nitpick, but that's kind of my thing.

That said, they're bodybuilders who coach bodybuilding and body transformation. That's a bit different than S&C in many ways. With bodybuilding there are no other competing activity demands like the sport itself, so management of volume and intensity can exist somewhat exclusively.

I'll give a hard think about anyone who might be good for distance coaching, though I've never provided or received online S&C coaching, I tend to spend a few too many hours a day reading about... everything. The most important thing is to decide what your goal is though. A bodybuilding coach will help you become a better bodybuilder. A S&C coach probably will not.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/25/2013 9:48pm

Style: Injured

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They coach powerlifting too.

http://www.3dmusclejourney.com/team-3dmj.php

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/27/2013 7:05am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I guess i should have stated my goals. Im interested in neither bodybuilding or powerlifting per se. My sport is judo. Im after someone that can write me a program that will help me do better in Judo and win more competitions

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/23/2013 11:50am

Style: Judo noob, injured guy.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know the old Judo Forum had a really great program in one of its subforums that was basically "Starting Strength" but re-programmed for Judo specifically... which meant more power cleans. Sadly I think it disappeared when Judo Forum disintegrated.

I recently switched from Starting Strength to Wendler 5/3/1. Both are great strength programs and 5/3/1 has some basic conditioning programmed in as well. And both of these programs are more general sports strength training than they are power lifting or body building. I know I feel much stronger. Judo is my style as well.