Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/04/2014 10:46pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just to save youse guys the trouble, though, here's the best fight scene in the entire movie:

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/04/2014 11:01pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The movie was so damn predictable, it ruined my fun. The fight scenes were surprisingly well done.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/05/2014 7:31am

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The movie was so damn predictable, it ruined my fun. The fight scenes were surprisingly well done.
    It did hit every single bullet point in the B-comedy sports movie formula. My expectations were so low, though, the film really had no place to go but up for me, and it did do that with the fight scenes.
    Last edited by Holy Moment; 1/05/2014 7:35am at .

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    3/15/2014 4:56pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mr Nobody (2009)

The movie jumps right in with an impossibly old guy being interviewed by an official looking guy covered in face tattoos, so you get the sense that this is gonna be a weird movie, which I like. The only time I don't really care for weird movies is when I don't really get it and need to rewatch or do some reading. That is how I felt during Primer. In Mr Nobody, there's a big plot twist that ties a somewhat confusing movie all together, in a way that is satisfying both at the time and during a rewatch, knowing what's really going on.

The old man in the interview is the last mortal. He talks about things as big as the Big Bang and the Big Crunch, and both are relevant to the plot. This highlight one thing I like about the movie- it includes very big themes. Themes as big as the universe, and the nature of reality, mortality and thought, even though a lot of the stories the main character is narrating are very human and personal and sometimes mudane. Definitely give Mr Nobody a chance if you like reality-bending or existential type moview.
    Last edited by Permalost; 3/15/2014 5:00pm at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/09/2014 1:21pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is in theaters in select areas. Apparently, it is also out on DVD.

It is weird as hell and I didn't know if I liked the movie at first. Thought about it, ruminated on the implications and realized it was eclectic and I enjoyed the movie a ton.

Basically, Gyllenhal is a mild mannered Teacher who discovers he has an unrelated twin, who is a 3rd rate actor, while watching a random dvd. It starts off slow, but as he contacts his "twin" and meets his doubles wife it gets strange and good.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456