Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/17/2013 1:32pm

Style: judo, -noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Have you people seen The Dyatlov pass incident yet?

It might be corny, but the mythos created around the Dyatlov expedition alone makes it an interesting watch.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/26/2013 7:10pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nope, haven't seen it. My buddy works at a Theater, so I see many nondescript and art house movies now. All the ones I've mention I have seen on the big screen. So, if it doesn't play in our state I tend to miss them.

The Revenant (2009)

This is a low budget zombie movie. It's actually pretty good. A Soldier is Killed and after he is buried he comes back to life. Now, instead of being a normal Zombie he is a Revenant. Basically, he is a zombie vampire with modified power changes. It is a dark comedy that entails learning he subsists on blood, hiding it from his girlfriend, becoming a vigilante with his best friend and it actually has a pretty cool twist ending.

Posted On:
    8/27/2013 5:29am

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would say The Revenant is a cult classic. The scene with the dildo is fucking hilarious, yet dark. I loved this film, have seen it several times and recommended it to everyone I know. You've picked some decent flicks, IiF.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    8/27/2013 7:53am

supporting member
     Style: Taiji/Hsingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Nope, haven't seen it. My buddy works at a Theater, so I see many nondescript and art house movies now. All the ones I've mention I have seen on the big screen. So, if it doesn't play in our state I tend to miss them.

The Revenant (2009)

This is a low budget zombie movie. It's actually pretty good. A Soldier is Killed and after he is buried he comes back to life. Now, instead of being a normal Zombie he is a Revenant. Basically, he is a zombie vampire with modified power changes. It is a dark comedy that entails learning he subsists on blood, hiding it from his girlfriend, becoming a vigilante with his best friend and it actually has a pretty cool twist ending.

Damn I passed this by. I love me a zombie movie but just felt it looked weak...now I will check it out!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/27/2013 8:12am

Style: Holiday Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Resonance10 View Post
    Damn I passed this by. I love me a zombie movie but just felt it looked weak...now I will check it out!
    I passed on Trollhunter for similar reasons but now my usual choices are growing a bit stale and folks here say its ok, I'll have to give it a go. I get the feeling now that I may have passed on good cinema because of my hate of shaky-cam, found footage films.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    8/27/2013 8:46am

supporting member
     Style: Taiji/Hsingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cake of Doom View Post
    I passed on Trollhunter for similar reasons but now my usual choices are growing a bit stale and folks here say its ok, I'll have to give it a go. I get the feeling now that I may have passed on good cinema because of my hate of shaky-cam, found footage films.
    It's quite a fun film, not to much shakey cam and the trolls look good, plus the cultural setting is just different enough that it adds to the quirkiness in a good way.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/27/2013 1:29pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll give that watch tonight, me thinks.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/28/2013 3:08pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Going to have to watch Troll Hunter again without Woman of Doom in my ear all the time but untill then: The Revenant.

Posted On:
    8/29/2013 1:49pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Trollhunter was a treat on the big screen. A local revue cinema showed it for two nights, before moving on to a retro-fest which featured Eraserhead. My wife had a great time with Trollhunter and (what a surprise) trouble staying awake through the David Lynch.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/29/2013 2:31pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lynch has that effect on people; you're either 'with it' or you're going to have a bad time. More so with Eraserhead than his others I think.

The Revenant was surprisingly funny and quite tragic in places. Good film.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast