Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/19/2013 11:06am

Style: Taijiquan, Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Does your instructor know about this? What's his take on the situation?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/19/2013 11:12am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Judo's cheap (if money's an issue), and you can be damn sure he'll learn to defend a headlock.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/19/2013 12:00pm

Style: Kung Fu, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hadn't considered suggesting the BJJ classes. Sounds like a good idea - one of our KF guys (and the instructor) attend the BJJ at this school so it's probably a great idea. I've been meaning to try it out myself.

Because I've been interested in doing some grappling I asked our resident BJJ student to give me a demo after our KF class. He is about my height and my weight so nicely matched. I was under no illusion that he would (and should) be able to tap me but wanted some first hand 'rolling' to get a feel for it.

Predictably, I tried to use power to get the better of him and after 2 minutes struggling against him was completely exhausted and couldn't stop him getting the submission. Great stuff!

I think i will explain to Paul that the only person stopping him from doing these things is himself. When he *chooses* to improve and commits to that change then he'll see results. I will try and convince him to come to one of the BJJ classes to try it out - the gym is pretty good and will probably give him a first class free lesson anyway.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/19/2013 12:29pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bezmond View Post
    Does your instructor know about this? What's his take on the situation?
    As far as I kow our instructor knows more about this than I do. He works with Paul and JS. But I think he prefers to not get too involved and only encourages Paul to come to class and tells him to try and not let things get to him too much.

Several of our class members all work in the same place - about 5 or 6 of them maybe? Jerkstain is a typical arrogant type mixed in with some sort of chronic stupidity. Our instructor has also been challenged to fights from JS (yet JS is somehow always busy when invited to the gym for a 'demonstration'). Oddly enough, JS hasn't tried any stupid headlocks/wedgies/chinese burns on him to the best of my knowledge.

I have been tempted to tell Paul if he does it again to just punch JS in the balls but, OTOH, there may be a risk of escalating the problem.

I'm going to suggest the BJJ route to Paul and leave it there.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/19/2013 12:33pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bezmond View Post
    Kick the **** out of Mikey for wrecking your microwave, leaving him with multiple disabilities and thus physically unable to bully Paul..
    It was a good one too. 1000w white Daewoo with multi function oven/grill thingy. Never gave me any problems and had a pleasent sounding 'ding' when your food was cooked - not your typical 'beep beep'.

Apparently he had tried to use it as a timer but setting it to 40 minutes with nothing inside. It had melted it's way through the glass dish inside and started s a samll fire - I got home to find it cast away outside in my garden... I'm sorry, this is too emotional... sob..

Posted On:
    7/19/2013 1:57pm

Join us... or die
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoneskin View Post
    Apparently he had tried to use it as a timer but setting it to 40 minutes with nothing inside. It had melted it's way through the glass dish inside and started s a samll fire - I got home to find it cast away outside in my garden... I'm sorry, this is too emotional... sob..
    Holy ****! Your microwave melted glass! That fucking thing was a fire hazard anyway. Thank Mikey for saving your life.

Whatever you do, stay on Paul's good side. That way when he decides to shoot up a school or something, he won't be coming after you. Because that **** is definitely gonna happen.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Posted On:
    7/21/2013 5:13pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Interesting thread and I hope y'all do keep posting.

Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12