Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/18/2013 12:27pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KickinMachine View Post
    Uhh YEAH? I KNOW that its a legit kick, tony ja would probably kill me with that kick. but how do you know my shin is properly conditioned enough to strike with the shin? How do you my legs would give up and wuss out when incredible pain is inflicted upon them? oh wait you're not me!! The guy i was sparring? an MMA fighter for over 20 years. and ME? a home-trained street fighter for a couple of years, of course he could kill me.
    Read my post again. I never said you were conditioned I said you ignored their advice and drew an erroneous conclusion.

and also I did not ignore my dear instructors, I was just following a simple principle "throw away what is useless and keep is what is useful" -bruce lee, I agree with you that the kick that was taught to me is useful to some people, but it is not useful for me simply because it hurts me. Ok? I know that the kick is useful but not to me, and chaging my mind about the kick is like telling me which style is useless and which is useless, and i dont think we need anymore of that goin on
    Hahaha like I said hard headed. You are that KID who doesn't want to hear advice against your nature. Read that post again, if you don't understand it ask.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 7/18/2013 12:32pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/18/2013 12:28pm

Style: Brazillian Jiu Jitsu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One way of conditioning your shin, unless I'm mistaken, would be to practice kicking with it... Possibly on a heavy bag?

The guy does sound like a dick, but then I've had my coach whack me with a bamboo training sword before (in bjj class), so....

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    7/18/2013 12:31pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    how do you know my shin is properly conditioned enough to strike with the shin? How do you my legs would give up and wuss out when incredible pain is inflicted upon them? oh wait you're not me!!
    If you give up and wuss out cause your shin hit someone else's shin, this would almost certainly be the result of hitting with your foot instead, only even more painful and damaging to you.

The guy i was sparring? an MMA fighter for over 20 years. and ME? a home-trained street fighter for a couple of years, of course he could kill me.
    Who's the 20 year MMA fighter? Did he fight in the original UFC? Home-trained streetfighter?

and also I did not ignore my dear instructors, I was just following a simple principle "throw away what is useless and keep is what is useful" -bruce lee, I agree with you that the kick that was taught to me is useful to some people, but it is not useful for me simply because it hurts me. Ok?
    Like I said, if the shin kick hurts, a real foot kick will hurt worse. If you haven't discovered this, its most likely because you're whipping your foot into the target, which doesn't hit nearly as hard as a hip driven shin kick. The dynamics are quite different. Just because a foot whip makes a nice popping noise doesn't mean its hitting as hard as the dull thud of a shin that folds the bag.

Let's consider this: you say that your shin, a large bone, needs conditioning to be able to hit with it. Your foot, a bag of small bones, is more fragile than your shin. Do you condition your feet for striking?

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/18/2013 12:39pm

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AKRhino View Post

The guy does sound like a dick, but then I've had my coach whack me with a bamboo training sword before (in bjj class), so....
    He does sound like an utter asshole. His instructor should have handled it better, but how many beginners say this sucks that doesn't work and then a few years later laugh at themselves?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/18/2013 12:43pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Uhh YEAH? I KNOW that its a legit kick, tony ja would probably kill me with that kick. but how do you know my shin is properly conditioned enough to strike with the shin? How do you my legs would give up and wuss out when incredible pain is inflicted upon them? oh wait you're not me!! The guy i was sparring? an MMA fighter for over 20 years. and ME? a home-trained street fighter for a couple of years, of course he could kill me. But you didnt know that about me because i didnt wanna write out my whole lifestory into a thread. sorry for tryin to keep it short

and also I did not ignore my dear instructors, I was just following a simple principle "throw away what is useless and keep is what is useful" -bruce lee, I agree with you that the kick that was taught to me is useful to some people, but it is not useful for me simply because it hurts me. Ok? I know that the kick is useful but not to me, and chaging my mind about the kick is like telling me which style is useless and which is useless, and i dont think we need anymore of that goin on
    So, throwing out the advice to condition your shins was useful? You threw away something useful because you perceived it useless, I don't understand.
    Last edited by catfishaggie; 7/18/2013 12:51pm at .

Posted On:
    7/18/2013 12:49pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you're going from one style to another, you should probably leave everything you learned in the previous style at home, or at least, out of class.

Instructors tend to get pissed off at students who constantly pull the "but in my last school we..." crap. This doesn't justify an extreme level of dickheaded behavior, but you were asking for it OP.

Posted On:
    7/18/2013 1:15pm

Style: FMA

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lol! Home trained streetfighter!

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/18/2013 1:26pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

and also I did not ignore my dear instructors,
    Yes, you did.

I was just following a simple principle "throw away what is useless and keep is what is useful" -bruce lee,
    Bruce Lee is dead and you listen to him, but two live people giving you advice you ignore?

but it is not useful for me simply because it hurts me. Ok?
    No, it is not Okay. If you do not like it that is fine, but that isn't the issue you said:
    "I don't kick with my shin because it could hurt or break in real fight, so I kick with the foot"
    He corrected your problem, told you the error and you, as a beginner, said he was wrong. Yes, that is you ignoring his advice.

I know that the kick is useful but not to me, and chaging my mind about the kick is like telling me which style is useless and which is useless, and i dont think we need anymore of that goin on
    No, it isn't in the same class as style vs style. It needs to continue because you do not understand where your error occurred.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/18/2013 1:27pm

Style: grappling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If your philosophy is to not do anything thats uncomfortable or hurts a little you should probably pick up a different hobby.

Or man the **** up. Your choice.

heaven sent and hell bent but weapons clenched and well kept

Posted On:
    7/18/2013 1:39pm

supporting member
     Style: 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I found a video of OP, his master, and his master's kid Dyllan training together.

I think someone was bound to get hurt sooner or later, given the overall quality of instruction.

+++

Seriously OP, what kind of kung fu was it.

This is important in determining what kind of black belt (chuckle) he had, allowing us to objectively gauge the gravity of what it means when you say he is "wasn't an official instructor".
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast