Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/18/2013 10:42am

Style: TKD

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    Yeah ok that's old enough to know better. Its a shitty situation man, you're not blameless but this dude is also clearly at fault.

Consider it a learning experience and move on with your life, maybe take up grappling for a while.
    Yeah letting go is the best option it seems. I was just dwelling on something I should forget about, Maybe I'll actually take a real actual TKD class or BJJ! Those seem really useful

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/18/2013 10:52am

Style: grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KickinMachine View Post
    Another student in school, not martial arts school, public school, they got me for assault and disturbing the peace. not that you care by the sound of your sarcasm
    Just curious. How old were you when this happened? What were the consequences?

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    7/18/2013 11:17am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ever see Human Weapon or Fight Quest? One of those guys was always getting injured by kicking with the foot instead of the shin. Without pads, when a roundhouse is blocked against a knee or elbow, I know which surface I'd prefer to take it on.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/18/2013 11:21am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by legomepanda View Post
    Just curious. How old were you when this happened? What were the consequences?
    Man this happened a long time ago. I was 14 and really stupid at the time, kind of still am, He provoked me and I shoved him into a locker, The school constable took me to his office and I was charged for assault by contact and disturbing the peace. I didn't hit the guy but it was enough to charge me. Looking back on that situation I was sort of an asshole for laying my hands on the guy. I guess what happened with me was karma. that **** comes back to you

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/18/2013 11:31am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Ever see Human Weapon or Fight Quest? One of those guys was always getting injured by kicking with the foot instead of the shin. Without pads, when a roundhouse is blocked against a knee or elbow, I know which surface I'd prefer to take it on.
    Yeah I've seen human weapon awesome show. I know exactly what scene you're talking about too, It's just that I've sparred with other high-level practitioners, and at rare times we would hit each other shin-on-shin, and it has completely disabled me, my opponent advised me to condition my shins before striking with them, because the nerve in the shins are sensitive. which is why I disagreed with my instructor, I've hit with my shins before and it took me out. I now understand that I shouldn't have argued, I shoulda just done the kick I would never use to defend myself with and moved on.

Posted On:
    7/18/2013 11:34am

Style: FMA/MMA/HEMA noob

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I shoulda just done the kick I would never use to defend myself with and moved on.

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/18/2013 11:52am

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah I've seen human weapon awesome show. I know exactly what scene you're talking about too, It's just that I've sparred with other high-level practitioners, and at rare times we would hit each other shin-on-shin, and it has completely disabled me,
    So, instead of asking WHY the other person wasn't hurt, you automatically assumed it is not worthy of "real fight use?"

my opponent advised me to condition my shins before striking with them, because the nerve in the shins are sensitive.
    You do understand that this means the HIGH LEVEL PRACTITIONER told you it is a legit technique? If it wasn't, he would have told you to AVOID THE KICK AT ALL COST.

Seriously, you are a beginner to martial arts even if you trained with an Olympic level competitor. The guy told you what to do and you said "OW, this is wrong I'm going to ignore his advice."

which is why I disagreed with my instructor, I've hit with my shins before and it took me out. I now understand that I shouldn't have argued, I shoulda just done the kick I would never use to defend myself with and moved on.
    Yep, I see you are what we call hard headed. The guy should have never pushed you and he was and is an idiot for doing so. Yet, the more you type I am getting the feeling we only have half the story. You realize, you admitted you have ignored two different instructor level practitioners right?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/18/2013 12:08pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post

You do understand that this means the HIGH LEVEL PRACTITIONER told you it is a legit technique? If it wasn't, he would have told you to AVOID THE KICK AT ALL COST.
    Uhh YEAH? I KNOW that its a legit kick, tony ja would probably kill me with that kick. but how do you know my shin is properly conditioned enough to strike with the shin? How do you my legs would give up and wuss out when incredible pain is inflicted upon them? oh wait you're not me!! The guy i was sparring? an MMA fighter for over 20 years. and ME? a home-trained street fighter for a couple of years, of course he could kill me. But you didnt know that about me because i didnt wanna write out my whole lifestory into a thread. sorry for tryin to keep it short

and also I did not ignore my dear instructors, I was just following a simple principle "throw away what is useless and keep is what is useful" -bruce lee, I agree with you that the kick that was taught to me is useful to some people, but it is not useful for me simply because it hurts me. Ok? I know that the kick is useful but not to me, and chaging my mind about the kick is like telling me which style is useless and which is useless, and i dont think we need anymore of that goin on
    Last edited by KickinMachine; 7/18/2013 12:16pm at .

Posted On:
    7/18/2013 12:21pm

Style: BJJ/MT

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just an FYI: Kicking a heavy bag with that kick is a good start toward conditioning your shin and you can exert more force with less risk of doing structural (as opposed to "Ow! It hurtses!" perceived) damage to yourself with that particular kick, done correctly, than with almost any other technique in any martial art.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/18/2013 12:26pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wetware View Post
    Just an FYI: Kicking a heavy bag with that kick is a good start toward conditioning your shin and you can exert more force with less risk of doing structural (as opposed to "Ow! It hurtses!" perceived) damage to yourself with that particular kick, done correctly, than with almost any other technique in any martial art.
    Yes, I figured that my KUNG FU instructor was only trying to help me improve, I was being an ass an not listening,, and then his frustration built up and he wanted to hit me, Huh.... I just didn't see it from his point of view. =/
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast