Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/18/2013 9:24am

Style: TKD

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bezmond View Post
    Is it significant that he said 'this isn't Tae Kwon Do'?

Do you have a track record of questioning stuff and saying 'this isn't how we do it in Tae Kwon Do'?

You're training at a Kung Fu school but still listing TKD as your primary style. Were you a high grade?

Empty thy cup, young man.
    I've learned TKD from Olympic gold medalist, I didn't learn TKD from a school. nor did I go to class for TKD, yet while I was attending kung fu class, most of the students and instructors thought I've practiced in a school for years because my kicks were "impressive", they told me I'm most likely going to rank up earlier than the rest of the students. Most of you guys are right, I'm there to learn, I'm not supposed to be there to debate. I should've been respectful to the instructor and shut my mouth. I only made a big deal out of the situation because I've pushed somebody else because I got angry and got charged with aggravated assault, this guy does the same thing to me, nothing happens to him? maybe I deserved to be shoved, probably karma for me. But he should at least be punished the same way I was, by the law. But I guess I shouldn't have argued since I'm there to learn from him, that still doesn't mean he can break the law does it?

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    7/18/2013 9:37am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KickinMachine View Post
    I only made a big deal out of the situation because I've pushed somebody else because I got angry and got charged with aggravated assault, this guy does the same thing to me, nothing happens to him? maybe I deserved to be shoved, probably karma for me. But he should at least be punished the same way I was, by the law.
    Personally I'd let it go and move on. But, if you're so upset that you want him prosecuted you're going to have to report it to the relevant authorities, not bitch about it on-line.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/18/2013 10:11am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PointyShinyBurn View Post
    Personally I'd let it go and move on. But, if you're so upset that you want him prosecuted you're going to have to report it to the relevant authorities, not bitch about it on-line.
    This made me laugh a little, That's exactly what I have tried to do, I would've reported it, but dad says to let it go. if he tries to touch me again with the intent of harm, we then sue and defend yourself if necessary. Ah **** it, I thought at least most of you guys would understand, being you guys are also fellow martial artists, would at least agree that the instructor shouldn't have lost control of himself. But i guess i should just let it go since theres nothing to do about this situation now.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/18/2013 10:17am

Style: grappling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You pushed someone and got charged with aggrevated assault? Who did you push? A grandma? Down a staircase?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/18/2013 10:21am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Another student in school, not martial arts school, public school, they got me for assault and disturbing the peace. not that you care by the sound of your sarcasm

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    7/18/2013 10:22am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think everyone is agreeing he clearly shouldn't have got physical with you.

Posted On:
    7/18/2013 10:26am

Style: FMA/MMA/HEMA noob

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Out of interest, how old is the instructor's son?

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/18/2013 10:29am

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey Owl View Post
    Perhaps the OP was being awkward but having said that an instructor should remain professional. If you were treated like this by a maths tutor you would certainly have grounds to complain (I can't do long division like that! WALLOP! Yes you can.). The standards shouldn't drop simply because it is a martial arts class IMO.
    Stop it. Just because they are both teachers doesn't mean you can always make the same comparison. I agree with the professionalism to a certain extent, but not with your awful example.

You just compared PHYSICAL TRAINING to brain training. One involves a certain level of violence the other does not. If my kung fu teacher told me to practice kicking, by writing "kick" 1,000 times I'd call him an idiot.

The instructor was wrong and should have reacted better, but assault? Have fun trying to prove that one.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/18/2013 10:29am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    Out of interest, how old is the instructor's son?
    26, I am 19

Posted On:
    7/18/2013 10:34am

Style: FMA/MMA/HEMA noob

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KickinMachine View Post
    26, I am 19
    Yeah ok that's old enough to know better. Its a shitty situation man, you're not blameless but this dude is also clearly at fault.

Consider it a learning experience and move on with your life, maybe take up grappling for a while.
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast