Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/20/2013 1:55pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by killface View Post
    Nah we donít do that **** in xing yi. I used to do it in my not-so-proud days. Even done them with clapping like this on wooden floor:

And yeah donít do this ****, probably not worth it. I was just curious if you know any specific reasons why they are hurtful.

But to get back to the topic of the thread:
    I think when a trainer makes you do such an exercise the appropriate response is to take it slow. Start on knees or at least donít add too much weight. If it hurts, you can ask the trainer if he knows an alternative exercise. If your trainer insists on bullshit exercises that are hurtful it is time to leave the school but donít judge an exercise before you tried it.

That is what OP should have done when he was worried about his shins. Start slowly.
    He was asked to kick a bag, not really all that hard of material with the fact one can always adjust how hard you kick. I can understand being concerned if asked to go out as a complete noob and shin kicking an oak tree but that was not the case.

His attitude leads me to believe that he is this sheltered kid who has watched too many fucking movies and YouTube vids and now is an expert in his mind.

Posted On:
    7/20/2013 1:59pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not that anyone would suggest whiny-bitch students and abusive instructors are a perfect match...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/20/2013 2:02pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    Anybody want to give me the abridged version for dumbassses excuse for arguing with the head instructor in front of the entire class?
    I was just thinking that what this thread needs is moar Omega.

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/20/2013 3:00pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Seriously, if you had a previous martial art, empty your friggin cup and learn the way they're teaching. If you actually knew more then you'd be fucking teaching. Seriously, what the ****? Come into my school and question me and I'll make you prove that you know more than me.

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    7/20/2013 9:05pm

supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    Seriously, if you had a previous martial art, empty your friggin cup and learn the way they're teaching. If you actually knew more then you'd be fucking teaching. Seriously, what the ****? Come into my school and question me and I'll make you prove that you know more than me.
    Careful Omega, he's looking to make someone burn in the Texas penal system like he did.

He said exactly that.

He's already invited everyone to meet him on some remote Texas road...I smell a trap.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/20/2013 9:12pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    Careful Omega, he's looking to make someone burn in the Texas penal system like he did.

He said exactly that.

He's already invited everyone to meet him on some remote Texas road...I smell a trap.
    It's not a remote road, but an intersection with a gas station and McDonalds, like we are all in high school, lol.

"Hey fucker meet me at 3 o'clock by the flagpole!"

Incidentally, when I was in Houston this past April I dove by the temple he is crying about and stopped in. I think it was a beautifully set up place and everyone there was very friendly and accommodating and allowed me and my friend to have a look around.

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/20/2013 9:38pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by catfishaggie View Post
    It's not a remote road, but an intersection with a gas station and McDonalds, like we are all in high school, lol.

"Hey fucker meet me at 3 o'clock by the flagpole!"

Incidentally, when I was in Houston this past April I dove by the temple he is crying about and stopped in. I think it was a beautifully set up place and everyone there was very friendly and accommodating and allowed me and my friend to have a look around.
    Right. Like they are going to show you the heavy bag shoving Felony Assault dungeon built below the temple.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/20/2013 9:40pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You are right, can't blame them though. I didn't know the password and secret handshake.

Posted On:
    7/22/2013 3:51am

Style: Les Mills Bodycombatô

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGalt View Post
    Maybe xing yi has some kid of oxjaw strike wherein the back of the wrist might benefit from conditioning, but what the hell were we doing this exercise for in taekwondo?
    End of the forearm bone for an OxJaw strike/Koken Uchi/Kupin Sonmok Chigi - I guess your TKD guy had seen an ex HKD guy show the last one and not understood it.

Edited to add - I first saw it in Hun Ga or Tong Long in the old Glasgow West Kung fu club in the early 80s, Saw it in HKD in hte 90s and was hit with it by a Kyokushin guy with it last year.
    Last edited by adouglasmhor; 7/22/2013 3:58am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/22/2013 7:57pm

Style: Hsing I, Bagua, Chi kung

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you don't dig your school, leave.

From your attitude and the attitude of the instructors, you may not be...a good fit?

Maybe I've been lucky, but I've never trained with an instructor that was disrespectful.
    And disrespectful students weed themselves out.
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 289101112 1314 LastLast