--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Wrestling in the the South Bay

Does anyone know of anyone in the South Bay of Southern California that teaches any wrestling styles? Such as: Back hold, collar and elbow, turkish, english styles, belt wrestling, etc.

Not necessarily a school, by googling I haven't found any schools, but anyone that could teach me? An instructor or something? I know it's better to have a group of people so that you can see what's going on and practice against people of varying skill, but I'm just looking at any options right now.

The place I was going to go train at turned out to most likely be lying, and I don't feel comfortable going their now.

Thanks for any help.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I recommend looking up BJJ- they have it in South Bay, and if you're looking for obscure regional wrestling styles, just think of it as Brazilian wrestling.

I hear Ken Shamrock live(d) in Chula Vista. A friend went to highschool there with his daughter, who all the guys were afraid to ask out.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gracie Eastlake offers Wrestling as well as cross training with a good Judo school
    http://www.graciejiujitsueastlake.com/?method=programs
    I preffer Stronghold Eastlakes atmosphere but both BJJ schools are good.
    Migato Judo is the school that cross trains with Gracie and its a good Judo place all on its own.
    The community center there in Eastlake also offers Judo one night a week Wed I believe for super cheap.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    I recommend looking up BJJ- they have it in South Bay, and if you're looking for obscure regional wrestling styles, just think of it as Brazilian wrestling.

I hear Ken Shamrock live(d) in Chula Vista. A friend went to highschool there with his daughter, who all the guys were afraid to ask out.
    Not really looking for obscure styles, just interested in different ethnic styles.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Gracie Eastlake offers Wrestling as well as cross training with a good Judo school
    http://www.graciejiujitsueastlake.com/?method=programs
    I preffer Stronghold Eastlakes atmosphere but both BJJ schools are good.
    Migato Judo is the school that cross trains with Gracie and its a good Judo place all on its own.
    The community center there in Eastlake also offers Judo one night a week Wed I believe for super cheap.

I've been looking at the Judo places near me and I like what I've been seeing. I like the throws and trips and judo looks to be chock full of them.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well in that case you really can't go wrong with
    http://www.migoto-judo.org/
    They have a Denver Judo style floating matt good prices and great instruction.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I ended up with a place near by that teaches catch wrestling.

Pretty fun, seems to be good instruction, and makes me sore as hell

Thanks everyone.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.HoneyBadger View Post
    I ended up with a place near by that teaches catch wrestling.

Pretty fun, seems to be good instruction, and makes me sore as hell

Thanks everyone.
    Very cool can u share the place its always good to know a catch place

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    High schools and colleges usually have open mats for wrestling and if wrestling season is in they usually don't mind a extra person to help practice with the team.

During season is the best time... young athletes are in shape and constantly training : )

Cali is the meccah of Martial Arts training... I'm sure you will find what you are looking for... young grass hopper... (I'm a young grass hopper too)