Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/20/2013 9:42am

staff
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tuning in a little late to the discussion, I have a few thoughts.
    1. I salute your investigative spirit. Please take screen shots of everything relevant to include the fb pages, youtube videos, websites etc.

2. Please do not be passive aggressive with your questions. In other words, it's not relevant whether this happens in other countries. Just state your case and the claims you're making and move forward. No one, anywhere, wants a BJJ purple belt to mean nothing. That it is in a country you're not familiar with is only relevant if you can establish that it is relevant (ie maybe there are few or no BJJ blackbelts in his area.)

3. I'm sorry, but Chessman, you do the reputation of London and the UK no favors with your poor command of the English language. I know it's not determinative of the validity of your post, but it does have some effect on your credibility. Please try to work on some basics such as spelling (flies instead of fly's) homonyms (there instead of their, write instead of right) punctuation and the like.

Sincerely,
    Georgette
    Head of BJJ Investigations

p.s. I don't have access to the forums from my workplace, so if you have questions please email me directly, georgettejitsu at gmail.com

Posted On:
    7/20/2013 11:05am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, I don't know the guy, but as far as I can see they are competing in regional competitions. If they weren't legit our and Croatian guys would choke them silly.

Posted On:
    7/23/2013 3:44am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    If you provide sufficient evidence to back your claims, by all means you should publish your findings.
    Ok.... Now I haven't been here in a while, but how the **** did you become a moderator?
    I'm picturing you drooling onto the keyboard as you type, one eye rotating independent of the other as your hands mash the keys. - Sophist

Posted On:
    7/23/2013 10:21pm

Style: BJJ/Zumba

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrous View Post
    Ok.... Now I haven't been here in a while, but how the **** did you become a moderator?
    Constantly providing awesomeness and good forum moderation? You've been gone a long time...
    Daniel: I don't know if I know enough karate.

Miyagi: Feeling correct.

Daniel: You sure know how to make a guy feel confident.

Miyagi: You trust the quality of what you know, not quantity.

Posted On:
    7/24/2013 2:11am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Miyagi View Post
    Constantly providing awesomeness and good forum moderation? You've been gone a long time...
    Wow, how the times do change.
    I'm picturing you drooling onto the keyboard as you type, one eye rotating independent of the other as your hands mash the keys. - Sophist

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/31/2013 8:14am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChessMan View Post
    Hello guys and gals I have been a lurker here for a while and now I decide to make my first post.

I have recently been made aware of what seems to be a trend with BJJ Black Belts going to obscure countries throughout the world and doing seminars. Now this fact I know is not a new thing.

What I have noticed is a lot of those (sometimes respectable) Black belts are handing out Blue and purple belts to people in those countries who basically run Mc Dojos and are jumping on the BJJ band Wagon.

Recently I was made aware of an Blue Belt who was promoted to Purple belt in just 5 months. This was done by a reputable black belt.

The problem I have is upon research I also found out that the Blue who got his Puple belt does not actually train with an actual BJJ coach instead he just Fly's in BJJ black belt every so months and does a seminar. This purple has not ever competed in BJJ at any level. His club does however have medals in BJJ competitions in its region but these are competitions where some of the brackets only have 2 or 3 people

My question is. Does this happen a lot in BJJ and is it really fair to the people who have worked hard for their ranking.

On the surface it seems that there is a few black belts out there who are basically selling belts just so they can grow their clubs. I know this is not new either.

last question is should I expose this "business practice" as done by the Black Belt in Question
    Bottom line - martial arts training is a business, and all business will have people trying to take advantage of the system.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123