Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    7/09/2013 12:13pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: none as of yet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

What supplements do you use to bulk up

Apart from trainings and weights i want to add to my diet so i can gain 5 - 10 pounds in a month and my uncle has a huge discount on ensure plus. Has ariund 20g of proteinn and i was wondering if combining it with whole milk will help if i take 2 glasses a day apart from my meals.

Posted On:
    7/09/2013 12:55pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Food is the best supplement. Eat more. Steak, chicken, fish, oats, quinoa, lamb, sloth, fruit bat, breakfast cereals...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/10/2013 3:15am

Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
    Food is the best supplement. Eat more. Steak, chicken, fish, oats, quinoa, lamb, sloth, fruit bat, breakfast cereals...
    I echo that - unless you have shares in a food supplement business I wouldn't buy them. Western diets have enough protein in them. You really don't need shakes etc. Just modify your diet.

Interesting article recently posted on the BBC news website.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-22753620

Posted On:
    7/10/2013 9:07am

Join us... or die
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Go buy some tuna in bulk then eat it all the time. Or you can do the milk thing. But from what I hear the milk diet makes you feel like crap.

Phrost has the r34l!
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/10/2013 10:17am

Style: grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll echo the sentiment here: Diet is the best supplement. Get your diet in order and the rest is arbitrary. That being said, vitamins, protein and fish oil, if you can afford them, can be beneficial.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/10/2013 2:19pm

Style: Lifting heavy stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Supplements are exactly what they say on the tin SUPPLEMENTS they're made to be taken with a healthy high protein diet not as a replacement fora decent diet.

May i ask why you want to put on weight in a month? Try focus on the long haul not the short term ;-)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/10/2013 7:43pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Putting on more than 1 pound per week almost always means fat gain too unless you are emaciated.

Posted On:
    7/10/2013 8:21pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 剛 and 柔

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ensure Plus ingredients:

Water, Corn Maltodextrin, Sugar, Milk Protein Concentrate, Canola Oil, Soy Protein Isolate, Corn Oil, Pea Protein Concentrate. Less than 0.5% of the Following: Natural & Artificial Flavor, Magnesium Phosphate, Potassium Citrate, Soy Lecithin, Sodium Citrate, Potassium Chloride, Calcium Phosphate, Calcium Carbonate, Salt, Choline Chloride, Ascorbic Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Carrageenan, Ferrous Sulfate, dl-Alpha-Tocopheryl Acetate, Zinc Sulfate, Niacinamide, Manganese Sulfate, Calcium Pantothenate, Cupric Sulfate, Vitamin A Palmitate, Thiamine Chloride Hydrochloride, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Chromium Chloride, Folic Acid, Sodium Molybdate, Biotin, Sodium Selenate, Potassium Iodide, Phylloquinone, Vitamin D3, and Cyanocobalamin.
    Thanks, but no thanks.

When I want to gain weight, I supplement by doubling my intake of eggs, milk, yogurt, and meat. And vegetables. And butter and coconut oil. In roughly that order.

But to answer your question, I do like Bluebonnet whey, but only one scoop in a milk-and-berries shake, and only after workouts. Relying on supplements instead of hard workouts and eating lots of food is for the weak.
    What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Xenophon's Socrates

Posted On:
    7/10/2013 8:25pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 剛 and 柔

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh, and if you're trying to gain weight just by increasing food intake, you're gonna have a bad time. Lift, too!
    What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Xenophon's Socrates