Style
    none as of yet
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

which of the two styles should i take up?

Hi, pls forgive my grammar. I am Andres from the Philippines and English isnt my primary language. I am soon to be moving to a rather chaotic area in the city due to work and I want to take up a martial art to better my body and help me develop this presence and instinct.

Have a fighting gym in mind that teaches mix martial arts, mui tai, and the bjj.
    i prefer the balance of floor and standup defense. However, my two friends they tell me that this mma will get me killed on the streets and has no practical real world applications. They told.me that kravmaga phils is the best art that i can learn. I have no knowledge of both and reading the wikipedia is complicated because i cannot visualize. What should i take and why? Pros and cons will be good. Would really the mma deep down inside though but if it wont help then i will apply krav. Ty

Style
    FMA
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Holy crap! Why haven't you considered FMA? You're in the damn PI! Many FMA train all fighting ranges and of course weapons. How could you seriously consider krav when you have access to some of the best street combat methods available?

Style
    HEMA/FMA(Hiatus)
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Seriously go do some FMA or Yaw-Yan.

What city are you in?

Style
    none as of yet
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fma? I thought it meant fundamental martial arts as opposed to traditional! Im familiar with the local arts arnis and escrima but i prefer to start with weaponless fundamental. Also i dont know which fma styles are solid.

I am from ortigas so both the krav and the mma gym in marikina is accessible.i thought krav was what they taught in israel military hence i considered it. my friends swear on it too and call it real fighting.

What is yawyan? Is it the same as tapon-do?

Style
    HEMA/FMA(Hiatus)
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you're near Marikina I'd probably recommend Yaw-Yan Buhawi, they're an MMA club with a bit of Arnis flavour: https://www.facebook.com/yawyanbuhawi (I've never trained there myself, but they have a solid record and they come highly recommended by people I trust).

I'll let Wikipedia tell you about Yaw-Yan: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yaw-Yan

Honestly I wouldn't recommend Krav given the alternatives available, its a very hit-or-miss style and while there ARE amazing Krav guys out there there are also a lot of awful ones.

Style
    Kendo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    FMA means Filipino Martial Arts.

Style
    street paddleboarding
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What can you tell us about the krav and MMA teachers?

Style
    mma /boxing/muai thai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do the mma you will get more out of it as a sport than krav and you can take it more places.

Better basics will help you if you decide to switch to krav and eyegouges work best from mount.
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts