Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    7/10/2013 4:48pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by atheistmantis View Post
    Run, run, run! If you can't run, hit and run! Then repeat until you get away.
    How does this process work if they put your ass on the floor?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/10/2013 6:10pm

Style: Brazillian Jiu Jitsu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    How does this process work if they put your ass on the floor?
    It's roughly the same, only substitute berimbolo for run

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    7/10/2013 9:12pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One day, one day someone will post a video of a berimbolo being used in a street fight.

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/10/2013 10:24pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by atheistmantis View Post
    Run, run, run! If you can't run, hit and run! Then repeat until you get away. If you don't get away, your name is now Nancy, you belong to them. If they let you live you do their laundry, cook their meals, and darn their socks. Life choices can be so hard!
    He said that already, he includes in his streetfight record.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/11/2013 12:16am

Style: Getting less fat

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    He said that already, he includes in his streetfight record.
    How about telling someone that you don't want any trouble with them, and then walking away unharmed?

'cause if that is the case, I am like 12-0 or something...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/11/2013 12:17am

supporting member
     Style: Tang Soo Don't Retired

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They actually named me...Gwendolyn. A chapter in my life that always brings tears to my eyes whenever I think back to those dark times.

Yours truly

Posted On:
    7/11/2013 2:38am

Business Class Supporting Member
     PDS Rifles Style: Univ. Florida Kickboxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by peteofred View Post
    Spending six of my teenage years growing up in one of the roughest parts of Liverpool, yeah I had to fight daily. Being a soft southern boy as I was at the time I was a constant target for almost anyone native to Liverpool who was in that thug culture.
    I've had more street fights than I care to think about, and unless you want to get jumped by more people you can count the golden rule back then was don't ever willingly take anything to the ground.
    As I said before, if you get taken down you need good ground game. I got some of that from Silat, the rest I improvise. (Bare in mind it was very, very rare I would be up against anyone with any formal combat training)
    Subsequent of these confrontations I found that if someone lays hands on you, tries to punch you (mainly sucker) and or knife you the quickest most direct defence for this is best. Then run your backside off as a gaggle of said attackers mates would be baring down on you.
    If you try any close quarters control stuff (i.e. locks, take downs, submission work) in an inner city street fight you are going to have someone come up behind you and put a blade in you. Chances are you wouldn't of even known they were there.
    I've lost a couple of friends to street fights, mainly because they tried to fight instead of just getting their attacker away from them and running away.
    You said you were in a profession that involved you street fighting. Though this means your responses were bound by the law.
    When your a 16 year old and you have 10 - 15 people wanting to stomp your head in, you do what you must.

I just have one thing to say, multiple times
    BULLSHIT
    BULLSHIT
    BULLSHIT
    BULLSHIT
    BULLSHIT
    BULLSHIT
    BULLSHIT
    BULLSHIT
    BULLSHIT
    BULLSHIT

Plus kiddie fights don't really count.
    www.pdsrifles.com Add us on facebook!
    Parts and Accessories
    Law Enforcement Firearms

Posted On:
    7/11/2013 2:44am

Join us... or die
     Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How about this for a theory if you are training on the ground train to get back up as well.
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

Yours truly

Posted On:
    7/11/2013 2:51am

Business Class Supporting Member
     PDS Rifles Style: Univ. Florida Kickboxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here is my humble experience.

I got into more fights than I care to remember growing up in Korea, but that isn't unique to me. Most boys my age did. It was under schoolyard rulez, under some sort of unspeaken code, and most of it was posturing ending with some lame ass exchanges anyhow. Most of these fights ended up on the ground.

When I was 16 I managed to beat this college student bodybuilder dude on the streetz when I was waiting for the bus ride home. He came up to me, and slapped me while he had me in a headlock. BTW HKD works awesome against untrained opponents. I did some hapkido move I don't remember to get out of the headlock and start raining strikes on him. I used pure Hapkido, played around with him with kicks and punches. It ended up with him on the ground from a side kick that was way too easy to land, and he ended up on the road (aka streetz). Fortunately no car came to run him over and I didn't end up in jail. To my satisfaction, it was in front of a shitload of high school girls coming home from hakwon. Oh I wish I had game back then, and said 'gimme your numbers bitches' BTW I was scared the whole time that I going to get my ass kicked. I ended it by telling him 'sir, this is stupid. lets stop' and he decided it was a bad idea to continue.

Did I mention the dude was drunk?

Anyways, I have a few more fights in adulthood (all of it me responding to someone else initiating violence) and none of them ended with me on the ground.

But then again, I trained a bit on staying standing up. So I don't count. Each of those times what kept me up was sheer skill disparancy and my ability to stay standing up (which isn't great, but much better than average untrained people)

I gaurantee you if skill difference wasn't as great in each of the fights, by way of me sucking more or other guy being better, it would have ended up on the ground. In fact, now that I think about it, when I was younger and not as good as I am now, it DID end up on the ground 100% of the time.
    www.pdsrifles.com Add us on facebook!
    Parts and Accessories
    Law Enforcement Firearms

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/11/2013 8:06am

Style: HEMA

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dwkfym View Post
    I just have one thing to say, multiple times
    BULLSHIT
    BULLSHIT
    BULLSHIT
    BULLSHIT
    BULLSHIT
    BULLSHIT
    BULLSHIT
    BULLSHIT
    BULLSHIT
    BULLSHIT

Plus kiddie fights don't really count.
    Hey, don't diss the guy. Even down here in Aus we have to fight through toxic funnel webs, poisonous snakes, radioactive raptors and fire breathing dragons on the streets on a daily basis. Hey, I just had to fight a dragon last week, only a good "Fus Ro Da!" did it in.

Wait, was it Skyrim? I cannot remember. Too busy laughing.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 9 LastLast