Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Oh and peteofred...welcome to the site
    Thanks Rock Ape

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/07/2013 10:28am

Style: Escrima, JKD, Iaido, LINE

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also I have noticed that in my previous post it has been edited to suggest that I used the N word. This is not the case, I am not racist.
    The word which I used was Sn'..-igger.

Must I really start a thread in Newbietown...can't I just post my home address on here and have people descend upon in their hundreds? (joking) I'm not quite that stupid.

Thanks to all for this warm welcome

Posted On:
    7/07/2013 10:35am

Style: FMA/MMA/HEMA noob

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by peteofred View Post
    Also I have noticed that in my previous post it has been edited to suggest that I used the N word. This is not the case, I am not racist.
    The word which I used was Sn'..-igger.
    That's a word-filter, its automatic.

Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off

Posted On:
    7/07/2013 12:14pm

supporting member
     Style: Combat Cuddling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have been in so many fights I can't even begin to count them. Amount won - maybe four, amount lost - about 15.
    Forgive me since I'm not familiar with you limey bastards, but do folk of Liverpool have trouble counting to 19?

Posted On:
    7/07/2013 12:31pm

Style: Aikido / FMA / Krotty

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One
    Two
    Few
    Many
    Lots

it can all be done on the fingers of one hand.
    that hand will go even higher if your from Norfolk

When life gives you lemons... BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!

"what's the best thing about aikido then?"
    "To be defeated by your enemies, to be driven by them from the field of battle, and to hear the lamentations of your women." ermghoti

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/07/2013 1:21pm

Style: Escrima, JKD, Iaido, LINE

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DKJr View Post
    Forgive me since I'm not familiar with you limey bastards, but do folk of Liverpool have trouble counting to 19?
    I count the ones I got away from as well, which number to quite a lot. Plus I'm not from Liverpool, but I am a Limey bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by Ignorami View Post
    One
    Two
    Few
    Many
    Lots

it can all be done on the fingers of one hand.
    that hand will go even higher if your from Norfolk
    haha, though aww poor Norfolk inbreds

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/07/2013 1:29pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Seriously guys, I'm not saying I'm some sort of badass know-all. Al my original point was that from my experience that if you take a fight to the ground in a street situation, you end up getting your head stomped on.
    I have been in so many fights I can't even begin to count them. Amount won - maybe four, amount lost - about 15. Amount avoided by keeping my feet and running my arse off - all the rest.
    The point is, advising someone to use ground game in a street fight situation as opposed to trying to keep on your feet and finding the first opportunity to run is a bit silly really isn't it?
    As I said, you need to have good ground game in case someone wrestles you to the ground, in which chances are you get jumped.
    And also, doubting Liverpool crime stats...Just check them online, even I was surprised how bad it is there, and I bloody lived there for six years.
    Being an outsider in a strange city, were ignorance and idiocy are encouraged, living off the doll and selling drugs and constantly fighting with whoever lives in the next postcode I found myself in a very scary and strange environment.
    How was I to know not to go out on match day, or that living a stones throw away from Everton Football ground and NOT wearing blue, day in day out meant your gonna get your head kicked in. Nobody told me were to go and not to go, so I had to learn the way.
    I came away from Liverpool battered, bruised and broken. The city defeated me... I'm not ashamed to say that.
    Now that I live back down south and I see these "thugs" trying to act hard, making out like they are something special. But I just sTHE N-WORD at them, because ultimately they have no idea, or how long they would last with that attitude in an inner city area.
    But thanks to everyone for taking the piss, I'll be honest, I expected much worse.
    Silly is pointing out the ground is dangerous against multiples.
    Silly is claiming to sell drugs and not mentioning weapons.
    Silly is claiming running away counts as a street fight.

Point is, if you can't avoid the "street" anything is at your disposal EVEN ADVISING THE GROUND.

Seriously? 6 years? STFU.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 7/07/2013 1:32pm at .

...has all your Jing.

Posted On:
    7/07/2013 1:32pm

Style: Judo, baby! Yeah!

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DKJr View Post
    For the benefit of of your good self and the rest of your colonial ilk. It depends on the context... If for example, you asked them what 15 + 4 equals, there are a few who may struggle. If you asked them to tot up the profits from the latest haul of trainers, they've robbed from some unfortunate individual / sporting goods store; they all become mathematical savants on a par with Hawking.
    "So, yeah, Zen teachers may well insult you, work you to the bone, hit you with sticks, shout verbal abuse at you, and punch the **** out of you.
    And when the ****'s been punched out of you, you might just find that you're far better-off without it." - Vieux Normand

"So in short, BJJ wins again. BJJ, and chainmail." - TheMightyMcClaw

"On bullshido, your opinions are not sacred, neither are your feelings." - Scrapper

"You entered the lions' den. Don't bitch if you get eaten." - danniboi07

"Needless to say, it's much easier to clear a bunch of drunk kids out of your house when you're yelling GTFO and carrying a samurai sword." - DerAuslander

"Eventually, I realized it doesn't matter what art you train, what matters is the method in which you train. Training in an alive manner, under skilled and qualified instruction, is the single most important aspect of gaining martial skill. All else is window dressing." - JNP : Saying it how it is!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/07/2013 2:50pm

Style: Kickboxing/MuaiThai (new)

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ... when taking on multiple people.

This sentence needs to be filtered out or something.

Unless in Liverpool they do that henchman thing when everyone in the group attacks as one person at a time?

'Hold on boys; he hasn't received his kick to the face yet!.'

Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off

Posted On:
    7/07/2013 6:18pm

supporting member
     Style: Combat Cuddling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I count the ones I got away from as well, which number to quite a lot.
    Allow a Yankee (or whatever) assist you then, you also "won" those encounters.
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast