Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    7/03/2013 2:49pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
    Frankly I'm getting goddamn tired of Soccer Mom America, where everyone's absolute safety and entitlement to a risk-free life are unspoken collective rights that trump all other individual rights.
    My wife and I had a debate about a teacher recently fired (can't remember where) because of something posted on Facebook. My wife didn't think that the teacher deserved to be fired, not because the content was inappropriate for school (it was), but because it was "her Facebook" and should have been "private". I said honey, she made it their business when she blasted it thinking it was only going to a few people.

People forget that while some forums (not so much this one or some others I can think of) allow a certain level of "anonymity" and "free speech", sites like Facebook are completely different.

On a site like Bullshido, my words have more visibility to the Internet at large (hell, they are indexed and searchable), but not so much to my immediate social network. Put another way, most people I know personally have no interest in martial arts and don't visit Bullshido and never will.

Facebook, on the other hand, is designed in a very devious way, because of its initial intended purpose: to help kids at Harvard get laid. Your messages are blasted out in bulk not only to your "Friends" but also their networks, making a single Facebook post the catalyst for a massive broadcast.

To help put this in perspective, consider that to make one of my Bullshido's posts known to the 100 people closest to me, you'd have to send 100 separate messages.

Facebook allows you, with a single operation, to send that ONE post to potentially 100,000s of people, depending on your privacy settings, which most people don't use properly.

So, user beware. The message is not the critical factor...it's the scale of distribution network you are entering it into. And most people simply can't fathom how large the distribution network of Facebook really is.

This kid now understands that his own stretches at least from Texas to Canada. It's a harsh lesson, for sure, but a good one. I hope he's released with time served, a few months in jail would serve a lot of American kids some good.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 7/03/2013 2:54pm at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/03/2013 2:50pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
    Frankly I'm getting goddamn tired of Soccer Mom America, where everyone's absolute safety and entitlement to a risk-free life are unspoken collective rights that trump all other individual rights.
    Welcome to the land of the minorities. We tried to tell y'all how stupid the shiit was, but you didn't listen.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/05/2013 11:53am

Style: mt/bjj

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'v heard worst things on xbox live.

(really bad sarcasam by that guy by the way)

Posted On:
    7/05/2013 2:47pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Welcome to the land of the minorities.
    Oh my god...I'm back...I'm home...all this time...YOU DID IT! YOU FINALLY DID IT! YOU MANIACS...YOU BLEW IT ALL UP! GOD DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!!!

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/05/2013 3:14pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieux Normand View Post
    Oh my god...I'm back...I'm home...all this time...YOU DID IT! YOU FINALLY DID IT! YOU MANIACS...YOU BLEW IT ALL UP! GOD DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!!!
    *Yawn* *Fail*

Profiling, live it, love it, mistake it and continue to cry about it.

Posted On:
    7/05/2013 6:39pm

Join us... or die

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    *Yawn* *Fail*

Profiling, live it, love it, mistake it and continue to cry about it.
    Profiling cometh in many forms.

Just the other night, at my workplace, an even-more-hirsute-than-usual unit of indoPak came up to me and asked me if I was bored.

"Immeasurably" was my reply.

"I'm so surprised", replied she through her indoPak 'stache, "that you would know such a word as 'immeasurably'".

"Why should I not"?, I queried in reply while giving her my best Nazi gaze. "It's one of OUR words--not one of yours".

She had profiled me as "bouncer-therefore-monosyllabic". Pulling the racist card, as it amuses me to do from time to time, I so completely changed the goalposts that she quickly waddled away to be in the company--and imagined safety--of her monobrowed friends leaving behind an olfactory cloud of badly-processed curry.

Profiling-fail comes in many forms indeed.

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/05/2013 6:55pm

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieux Normand View Post
    Profiling cometh in many forms.

Just the other night, at my workplace, an even-more-hirsute-than-usual unit of indoPak came up to me and asked me if I was bored.

"Immeasurably" was my reply.

"I'm so surprised", replied she through her indoPak 'stache, "that you would know such a word as 'immeasurably'".

"Why should I not"?, I queried in reply while giving her my best Nazi gaze. "It's one of OUR words--not one of yours".

She had profiled me as "bouncer-therefore-monosyllabic". Pulling the racist card, as it amuses me to do from time to time, I so completely changed the goalposts that she quickly waddled away to be in the company--and imagined safety--of her monobrowed friends leaving behind an olfactory cloud of badly-processed curry.

Profiling-fail comes in many forms indeed.
    Bigger fail.

Posted On:
    7/06/2013 1:38pm

Join us... or die

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bigger fail.
    ^Biggest fail.

(Wow, this "NO U" stuff is really, really complicated.)

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    7/08/2013 3:18pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by doofaloofa View Post
    Authorities 'use analytics tool that recognises sarcasm'
    Oh, I'm SO SURE it works perfectly!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/09/2013 12:43am

Style: grappling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Now if they could just develop an analytic absurdism detector I wouldn't have to rain down blood from the skies and eat a still beating heart of an innocent child.

^thats a joke.

Just clarifying.

Please don't give me jail time secret spying NSA police.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast