Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
  1. #21
    W. Rabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,415
    5
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by erezb View Post
    Not so true. You can drive and work just fine while smoking, can't say the same about ZE green.
    Bullshit.

    Have you ever thought about how many people with nicotine cravings and fumbling with lit cigarettes endanger themselves and other drivers? People smoking cigarettes are on a highly addictive stimulant with bad withdrawal symptoms.

    Aside from possibly caffeine, nicotine is THE most abused drug while driving a vehicle, bar none.

    And any smoker or ex-smoker knows exactly what I mean.

  2. #22
    Tranquil Suit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,838
    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just rewatched Chris Weidman vs Mark Munoz (judged by Rosenthal). Yeah, give him an extra 5 years.

    (button in upper right corner) Settings> (left menu under My Account) General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

  3. #23

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    israel
    Posts
    1,332
    -1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    Bullshit.

    Have you ever thought about how many people with nicotine cravings and fumbling with lit cigarettes endanger themselves and other drivers? People smoking cigarettes are on a highly addictive stimulant with bad withdrawal symptoms.

    Aside from possibly caffeine, nicotine is THE most abused drug while driving a vehicle, bar none.

    And any smoker or ex-smoker knows exactly what I mean.
    So, who would you want to drive your school bus\ambulance etc.? a ganga smoking guy, or a cigarette smoker?
    Also, fatigue is probably the number one killer, but it is hard to quantify and prove, cigarettes can actually help you stay awake (I used to smoke on guard duty all the time to keep awake and less board, if it wasn't such a bad habit, and a great target for a sniper at night it would be allowed for sure.).
    You said fumbling with the cigarettes, well fumbling with a joint is just as bad, you also said withdrawal symptoms, (well just stop and buy a smoke, its everywhere). I have seen my friend lately trying to stop smoking hashish, he is also a great supporter of legalizing this ****.. Couldn't hack it, he was suffering, so saying cannabis isn't addictive is fucking bullshit!
    To top it off it fucks with your short term memory and the balance of your neurotransmitters.
    Besides if he was smuggling 6 million worth of cigarettes illegally he would see the inside of a gail too.

  4. #24
    ChenPengFi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hawai'i
    Posts
    3,891
    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From the World Health Organization:

    Tobacco use kills more than 5 million people per year. It is responsible for 1 in 10 adult deaths. Among the five greatest risk factors for mortality, it is the single most preventable cause of death.
    (my bold)

    http://www.who.int/tobacco/health_priority/en/

  5. #25

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    22
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The war on drugs has been a boon to law enforcement budgets, prison profits, and the cartels. Just look at the number of people incarcerated in the US.


  6. #26
    tgace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Western New York
    Posts
    1,506
    5
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Eh...when you are trying to move that much product that you KNOW is illegal (opinions on legalization aside...) you don't get many crocodile tears from me when you get caught.

    Personally...I wouldn't really cry if weed was legalized. I have routinely let personal use pot heads walk when the circumstances allowed it, but the fact of the matter is anyone with 6 mil in pot knows he's rolling the dice.

    In terms of cost...a pound of Cali Hydro is going for about 3K a pound here...so about 2000 pounds worth of pot at that rate.

  7. #27
    W. Rabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,415
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by erezb View Post
    So, who would you want to drive your school bus\ambulance etc.? a ganga smoking guy, or a cigarette smoker?
    Neither.

  8. #28
    Tranquil Suit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,838
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tgace View Post
    Eh...when you are trying to move that much product that you KNOW is illegal (opinions on legalization aside...) you don't get many crocodile tears from me when you get caught.

    Personally...I wouldn't really cry if weed was legalized. I have routinely let personal use pot heads walk when the circumstances allowed it, but the fact of the matter is anyone with 6 mil in pot knows he's rolling the dice.

    In terms of cost...a pound of Cali Hydro is going for about 3K a pound here...so about 2000 pounds worth of pot at that rate.
    Truth. Anyone who's crying about the legality or ethics of weed in this case must have his head stuck up his ass (Hey Cesar).

    This is a simple matter of tax evasion, he didn't pay the cost of doing business.
    Last edited by Tranquil Suit; 7/06/2013 8:47am at .

    (button in upper right corner) Settings> (left menu under My Account) General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

  9. #29

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    237
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Regarding driving safety, there are studies indicating that pot users are more likely to be in accidents, but other studies indicating that in controlled situations, impairment is negligible, particularly to experienced users (think of how some legal medications tell you not to drive, until you know how you personally react to them). Source: Google it you lazy bastard.

    My take on the data is that ganja is no less impairing, necessarily, than other drugs on which it is legal to drive, with the real-world data being skewed by the fact that pot smokers -- particularly those getting in car accidents while high -- are more likely than other drivers to be young, reckless, or on other substances.

  10. #30

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Illinois. Yay.
    Posts
    434
    0
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by erezb View Post
    To top it off it fucks with your short term memory and the balance of your neurotransmitters.
    By "fucks with" you mean "stimulates growth of"?

    Seriously erezb, over here we believe in science. And the data indicates it stimulates the growth of neurons.

Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO