Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 891011 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/05/2013 9:10am

Style: lifting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OK... I don't lift. I attempt to get back into it here and there, but I have trouble staying motivated because no matter how much muscle I put on, I'll still be smaller than the other guy because of my tiny frame. Most of my workouts end with "**** it, I'm still going to have a height and reach disadvantage." And training tends to end for a few weeks after getting choked out or hit in the head with a stick by a bigger dude. I haven't yet figured out how to work through this whole lack of self-confidence thing.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/05/2013 11:30am

Style: Injured

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raving&Drooling View Post
    OK... I don't lift. I attempt to get back into it here and there, but I have trouble staying motivated because no matter how much muscle I put on, I'll still be smaller than the other guy because of my tiny frame. Most of my workouts end with "**** it, I'm still going to have a height and reach disadvantage." And training tends to end for a few weeks after getting choked out or hit in the head with a stick by a bigger dude. I haven't yet figured out how to work through this whole lack of self-confidence thing.
    Hey, bro, maybe try a program with all the lifts and weights preset like stronglifts or starting strength if you're a beginner and texas method or bill starr (madcows) if you're an intermediate.

What a rigid program does is that it allows for no fucking around and no thinking on your part you just have to go in there and do your lifts, and when they get heavy you deload and keep going.

And as long as your weights are climbing you know for a fact that you are getting stronger and that this **** is working.

AND! since the program with it's rigid structure worked for so many people, if you follow it exactly the same it's gotta work for you. It's been proven as it is.

If you kinda walk into the gym without a plan you're just fucking around, the more detailed the plan the better.

...at least for me, that's how I keep motivated.

Good luck, man.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/05/2013 1:25pm

Style: lifting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll have to look at that, thanks. I definitely need someone or something forcing me to do it. Pairing up with buddies that go regularly has never helped -- they're too far ahead of me. But in addition to your advice, I just found out my new apartment, moving in 2 weeks, has strength training classes at the fitness center at no extra charge. There may be hope for me yet. I might even lift, bro

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/05/2013 3:04pm

Style: dead lifting

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    skill, strength and cardio are all important. I have patched poor technique with strength at times. Hell I have worked with some very big strong bouncers with zero martial arts training and watched them kick the crap out of some guys that are known to be good martial artists.
    Last edited by rnc357; 7/05/2013 3:11pm at .

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    7/05/2013 3:58pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy83 View Post
    If its my theory why sohuld I feel the need to provide you evidence

Middleweight

Posted On:
    7/07/2013 1:20pm

supporting member
     Style: being less stupid

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No weights? NO EXCUSES!!!!

And why haven't you useless sacks of flesh started a training log yet?
    Last edited by itwasntme; 7/07/2013 1:25pm at .
    Start a training log!

Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/07/2013 5:17pm

Style: Injured

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    And why haven't you useless sacks of flesh started a training log yet?
    I do not have permission to access this ****.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    7/07/2013 7:20pm

supporting member
     Style: being less stupid

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister View Post
    I do not have permission to access this ****.
    You are only denying yourself, brother. For a mere $20 US, you too could have access to the ultimate in workout record-ography.

Alright, alright...It's just a link to my training log, in the supporting member section of the site. I would love to see more than the same 5 or 6 people actively posting in a training log, so I have been trying to promote it.
    Start a training log!

Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/08/2013 2:48am

Style: JKD / Systema

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That vid is fucking awesome...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/09/2013 10:50am

Style: Getting less fat

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So, rather serious question here. As you can see my current style is "Getting Less Fat". In the last month I dropped 5 pounds, simply by not eating so damn much.

I have about 60ish pounds of chub left to remove from my fat fucking lazy self. How much should lifting figure in to the equation? My primary goal is to lose the lard, and improve my cardio.

Though if I could get stronger during the process, that would be awesome.

Thanks,

bombom
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 891011 LastLast