223594 Bullies, 4140 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 51 to 60 of 106
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. erezb is offline
    erezb's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,267

    Posted On:
    7/04/2013 7:51am


     Style: Boxing,Kickboxing K1

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister View Post
    I, too would like to use my Honda for my morning exercise.

    Dude what da **** is going on in your country...and what's up with the spontaneous mob rapes?
    Also, if you train enough in MA, the spare time you have for lifting will make you just the right kind of bolky AKA beast!
  2. Seedle Avenger is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Below the equator.
    Posts
    50

    Posted On:
    7/04/2013 10:36am


     Style: JKD / Systema

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy83 View Post
    Systema is strange I have seen that from a mate of my mine who asked me to punch him hard in the stomach and then I did and he was like I was not ready...
    They teach you how to take a punch when you're ready but the real idea is to get your core strong enough, so that when you aren't ready, it only takes a second or two to recover.

    Taking punches with your eyes closed, that's a pretty special feeling...

    And to be on topic: I've never lifted much, more into the pullups, handstand stuff and all that but this thread has inspired me. Started using the bar and plates on it, that's been rusting in my garage, yesterday.
  3. Mister is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Cairo, Egypt
    Posts
    642

    Posted On:
    7/04/2013 3:20pm


     Style: Injured

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by erezb View Post
    Dude what da **** is going on in your country...and what's up with the spontaneous mob rapes?
    We should keep this about awesome things, like lifting.
  4. alex is offline
    alex's Avatar

    STOP POSTING!

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    8,189

    Posted On:
    7/04/2013 7:11pm

    supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

    5
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy83 View Post

    My theory and some based n what I have read over time, Bruce Lee was big on this idea also and a big advocate of strength training, Cant remember the whole remark but he told Danny insoanto at golds gym one day that body builders had hollow muscle as bulking does not increase strength,
    please for the love of god, stop using bruce lee as a reference. he was a fucking actor. its like claiming ryan reynolds is an expert on the green lantern cos he played him in a (bad) movie
  5. W. Rabbit is offline
    W. Rabbit's Avatar

    insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Work
    Posts
    8,059

    Posted On:
    7/04/2013 7:44pm

    supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy83 View Post
    In my theory the more muscle you have the quicker you will gas out, more muscle needs more blood flow meaning more oxygentaed blood,
    OK this interests me. More muscle = higher overall fuel requirements. That seems sensible. "oxygenated". What good is extra muscle if you can't use it? I can dig that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy83 View Post
    Alot of bulky guys have flexibility issues, never really seen any evidence to suggest it makes you slow but alot of pepole claim this also.
    "alot of people" on Bullshido means source or STFU. Thanks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy83 View Post
    Each to there own just my theory
    Well then support your theory with evidence.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 7/04/2013 7:48pm at .
  6. Boydy83 is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    67

    Posted On:
    7/05/2013 12:31am


     Style: Muay Thai / Judo / JKD

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If its my theory why sohuld I feel the need to provide you evidence.. Not really into pissing contests online.

    I like hearing people's differings of opinion though we all learn that way
  7. cualltaigh is online now
    cualltaigh's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Cooltown, SEQ
    Posts
    1,358

    Posted On:
    7/05/2013 12:58am


     Style: BJJ, MMA, JJJ

    5
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy83 View Post
    If its my theory why sohuld I feel the need to provide you evidence.. Not really into pissing contests online.
    What's the point in having a theory if you're not willing to test it? Also please note that theories, opinions, feelings and sacred cows are not protected species on Bullshido. If you don't want someone to piss in your cornflakes don't post them on here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy83 View Post
    I like hearing people's differings of opinion though we all learn that way
    No, we learn by challenging the theories and ideas that we hold. The theories that hold up to scrutiny we hold on to, develop into new theories and start again. The ones that don't, well...
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.
  8. Boydy83 is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    67

    Posted On:
    7/05/2013 1:47am


     Style: Muay Thai / Judo / JKD

    -1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mate,
    1. No ****, No one will ever completely agree with you about everything you say.

    2. i dont feel the the need to explain my theories, Hence they are mine.

    3. Its a forum we did discuss and like I have said several times before Ill agree to disagree

    4. As for evidence I dont feel the need to supply this every one has a different journey to the top of the mountain and take their own path no need for me to also supply maps.

    Like I said agree to disagree moving on...
  9. Diesel_tke is offline
    Diesel_tke's Avatar

    Light Heavyweight

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    4,006

    Posted On:
    7/05/2013 8:48am

    supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy83 View Post
    In my theory the more muscle you have the quicker you will gas out, more muscle needs more blood flow meaning more oxygentaed blood, I base this on sprinters, there quite bulky and run very fast short distances then compare that to a marathon runner, I think fighters should be somewhere in between.
    There is some merrit to that, but your theory has a lot of holes in it. For example, "the more muscle you have". That statement is way to general to have any relevance to anything.

    I have more muscle than my brother. I'm in way better shape than he is. People have different body sizes. A 5 foot frame with 100lbs of muscle on it is way different than a 6 foot frame with the same amount of muscle on it.

    Your theory doesn't take the body size into consideration. It also doesn't take into consideration that your body HAS to have a certain amount of muscle on it just to get it out of the chair. So your theory would say that a body with just enough muscle to get it out of the chair would make is gas out quicker than if it had no muscle at all, thus confining it to that chair? Wrong.

    The amount of muscle would most likely be related to a bell curve going from too little to too much based on that specific body's size. In which case you need more muscle to move you from the too little end of the curve and into the middle of the curve, but not too much which would move it into the too much/gas out end of the bell curve.

    But then the question would be how much is too little and how much is too much? Also taking into consideration the veriables of specific body types, genetic predisposition, sport specific requirements, nutrition, and many others.

    Or you could just lift and do sport specific cardio and not have to worry about it, listening to your body and adjusting your workout as you go. I'll just do that!
    Combatives training log.

    Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

    Drum thread

    Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.
  10. W. Rabbit is offline
    W. Rabbit's Avatar

    insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Work
    Posts
    8,059

    Posted On:
    7/05/2013 8:48am

    supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy83 View Post
    If its my theory why sohuld I feel the need to provide you evidence.. Not really into pissing contests online.

    I like hearing people's differings of opinion though we all learn that way
    http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_th...ry_and_opinion

    When you state a "theory" but have no evidence for it, and refuse to try to find evidence for it, it is simply what you "feel", thus an opinion or bias. It's fine to have one of those (people have them about everything), but don't confuse that with a "theory", especially on BS.net.

    Theories aren't "pissing contests" or opinions.

    Theories are ideas that can be tested and supported with data, or disproven.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 7/05/2013 9:27am at .
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.