Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    7/12/2013 1:42pm

Style: being less stupid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Smackjack View Post
    ideology: you don't want to work your ass off for 6 months, get ripped, take time off, and have to repeat the process again. With casein you're less likely to do that.
    I understand casein takes longer for your body to digest, but I don't think that carries over to muscle sustainability. Different sources of protein promote muscle growth at varying levels, steak I believe being one of the highest, but that may not even equate to sustainability.

If you are worried about how fast your whey protein breaks down, you can always buy different types. Don't buy isolate. I've pretty much always heard that casein doesn't really have any extra benefit aside from possibly keeping you fuller, longer.

I don't know who you talk to in the gym, or wherever, but just remember that getting big can become a disease like anorexia--there's a name for, but I'm too lazy to Google it--so watch who you take advice from. I've met people that will complain about looking smaller over a matter of days, and I highly doubt someone can lose muscle mass that fast.

Of course, I also heard you lose it as fast as you gain it... so if somebody is juicing, what they gain in a few weeks may be gone in a few weeks. I don't know, I don't have any real experience with roids, just stories from friends and acquaintances.
    Start a training log!

Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/13/2013 3:09pm

Style: Injured

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Smackjack View Post
    I disagree, they are considered "meal replacements" because of the marketing and how it's been branded, a protein shake contains a large amount of calories to amount to an actual meal(mine do) and protein. They are more of a "protein supplement" for pre-during-post workout.
    If it has nutrients and you eat it.

Why is it not food?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/19/2013 10:21pm

Style: JKD / Systema

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "I don't know who you talk to in the gym, or wherever, but just remember that getting big can become a disease like anorexia--there's a name for, but I'm too lazy to Google it"

Bulkarexia. -thumbs up-

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/21/2013 12:34am

Style: judo, boxing -noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lookey look :-O

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/29/2013 12:49am

Style: Judo noob, injured guy.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seedle Avenger View Post
    "I don't know who you talk to in the gym, or wherever, but just remember that getting big can become a disease like anorexia--there's a name for, but I'm too lazy to Google it"

Bulkarexia. -thumbs up-
    Body Dimorphism

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/29/2013 1:40am

Style: JKD / Systema

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was close...
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011