222274 Bullies, 3338 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 91 to 100 of 106
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 11 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. theAsthmatic is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Boston, Ma
    Posts
    194

    Posted On:
    7/12/2013 9:33am


     Style: sambo

    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlMatt View Post
    This is exactly my problem. I've never been able to stick with any kind of strength training routine because it bores the **** out of me. That hasn't really been a problem in aikido, but I'm planning to branch out eventually, and I'm going to have to figure something out.
    There's always prancercise
  2. Diesel_tke is offline
    Diesel_tke's Avatar

    Light Heavyweight

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    4,006

    Posted On:
    7/12/2013 10:03am

    supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlMatt View Post
    This is exactly my problem. I've never been able to stick with any kind of strength training routine because it bores the **** out of me. That hasn't really been a problem in aikido, but I'm planning to branch out eventually, and I'm going to have to figure something out.
    I think that is where things like crossfit and bootcamps come in. They are really good for people who want to do something different every day, and not just go in an put in reps.

    Or you could do what Pavel says, which is something along the lines of, "stop being a little bitch and do the reps". His book is pretty funny.
    Combatives training log.

    Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

    Drum thread

    Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.
  3. legomepanda is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Illinois. Yay.
    Posts
    434

    Posted On:
    7/12/2013 10:08am


     Style: grappling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlMatt View Post
    This is exactly my problem. I've never been able to stick with any kind of strength training routine because it bores the **** out of me. That hasn't really been a problem in aikido, but I'm planning to branch out eventually, and I'm going to have to figure something out.
    That's ok, you know, everyones different. Have you thought about knitting?
  4. W. Rabbit is offline
    W. Rabbit's Avatar

    insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Work
    Posts
    7,893

    Posted On:
    7/12/2013 10:39am

    supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlMatt View Post
    This is exactly my problem. I've never been able to stick with any kind of strength training routine because it bores the **** out of me. That hasn't really been a problem in aikido, but I'm planning to branch out eventually, and I'm going to have to figure something out.
    What follows is a mishmosh of Alan Watts, D.T Suzuki, and Lao Tzu:

    Boredom comes when you get busy thinking about what else you could be doing, instead of being mindful of what you are doing.

    If you had a thousand potatoes to peel, and kept thinking of those left to peel or how few you'd already done, you'll always get bored fast. You are dwelling on how recently you started, or how much further you have to go.

    But if your mind is only ever on one potato at a time, or one training rep at a time, you'll get ten thousand done before you know it.
  5. OwlMatt is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    891

    Posted On:
    7/12/2013 11:57am


     Style: aikido

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    What follows is a mishmosh of Alan Watts, D.T Suzuki, and Lao Tzu:

    Boredom comes when you get busy thinking about what else you could be doing, instead of being mindful of what you are doing.

    If you had a thousand potatoes to peel, and kept thinking of those left to peel or how few you'd already done, you'll always get bored fast. You are dwelling on how recently you started, or how much further you have to go.

    But if your mind is only ever on one potato at a time, or one training rep at a time, you'll get ten thousand done before you know it.
    So I suck at lifting for the same reason I suck at Buddhism.
  6. Chili Pepper is offline
    Chili Pepper's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    2,165

    Posted On:
    7/12/2013 12:02pm


     Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by legomepanda View Post
    That's ok, you know, everyones different. Have you thought about knitting?
    Just tie a kettlebell to each knitting needle ...
  7. W. Rabbit is offline
    W. Rabbit's Avatar

    insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Work
    Posts
    7,893

    Posted On:
    7/12/2013 12:22pm

    supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlMatt View Post
    So I suck at lifting for the same reason I suck at Buddhism.
    You practice Aikido.

    You'd probably have a hard time peeling potatoes.
  8. Smackjack is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    240

    Posted On:
    7/12/2013 12:51pm


     Style: Tkd,mauythai,bjj,boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    Why casein?



    What? Can you elaborate on this?
    Casein protein will sustain much longer and It takes much longer for the protein to break down, honestly not to contradict myself you can do both (I do) but if I had to choose one on the other casein all the way for longer lasting results, whey(soy etc) breaks down at an extremely fast rate, it's good for building but not for sustaining.

    ideology: you don't want to work your ass off for 6 months, get ripped, take time off, and have to repeat the process again. With casein you're less likely to do that.
  9. Smackjack is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    240

    Posted On:
    7/12/2013 12:57pm


     Style: Tkd,mauythai,bjj,boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister View Post
    Protein shakes are just food, man.
    I disagree, they are considered "meal replacements" because of the marketing and how it's been branded, a protein shake contains a large amount of calories to amount to an actual meal(mine do) and protein. They are more of a "protein supplement" for pre-during-post workout.
  10. Permalost is offline
    Permalost's Avatar

    pro nonsense self defense

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    12,478

    Posted On:
    7/12/2013 1:26pm

    supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Smackjack View Post
    I disagree, they are considered "meal replacements" because of the marketing and how it's been branded, a protein shake contains a large amount of calories to amount to an actual meal(mine do) and protein. They are more of a "protein supplement" for pre-during-post workout.
    They're not food because they are designed as meal replacements, and contain calories?
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 11 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.